2004-06-23 - The Whiskey - Calgary, AB

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

]V[ANTIS
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ]V[ANTIS »

nice pics MountainHip :thumb:
jacks
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by jacks »

MountainHip wrote:What an incredible show, Thanks to TLB, Tony, for taking a pic of the setlist for me, It was nice to hang out with a few hipbasers, Canuck Courage, TLB, Mark, and I think Stickman (Jesse?) I was in line with you??

The show was awesome got in line at 6:20, and got in quite easily, sorry to the folks who stood in the rain, and congrats to the guy *GIRL* :wink: who watched thorugh the windows, and got in after all, that's awesome!!

Stuck my head in around 2:30 and heard sound check that was pretty cool!

for pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/HIPFAN101

MountainHip
Awsome photos! Thanks for sharing!
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

sorry djaks, girls rule.

and thanks for the kudos on the pics!

MountainHip
CanuckCourage
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by CanuckCourage »

Awesome pics Mountain , had a great time rockin with yourself Stickboy,TLB, Markslog and HippyL and any other fellow Hipbasers I might have missed, what a wicked show !! I got some , well my brother got some great pics , and a few really cool short vids , like a minute and a half long . One, Gord is of riding the mic stand and going crazy right in the middle of 100th meridian. Nashville was simply awesome live, I thought, well they all were great , that's the truth , simply amazing. Couldn't get any closer to the stage, couldn't ask for a better show , and god it was great to hear Springtime In Vienna , that just rocked . Anyways i'm gonna get some of those pics posted sometime , soon as I figure out the best way to do it .
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

Nice Pics, looks like a good time.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

Just before we went in, CJAY played the chili peppers "by the way"

"standing in line to see the show tonight"
Halo-Rez
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Halo-Rez »

First off I gotta say INCREDIBLE!!! I'm a newly registered Hip-Baser, and this is my first post! I've Been a fan since '90, they've been my absolute fav's since '92. I've seen The Hip live 7 times now, and I've been to close to 30 concerts (including other artists) over the years. This show was the most amazing concert experience of my life!!! I've had floor seats plenty of times before, even been first and second row a few times, but in stadium and arena venues that means a higher stage and a big security barrier between the fans and the artist. At The Whiskey on Wednesday night, I was second row, dead center - a whole four feet from Gord for the entire show!!! I am so grateful that they did this small venue tour and that I was blessed with opportunity to attend - I will never forget it! The boys sounded awesome, the new stuff sounds great and I can't wait 'till Tuesday! Jet, Springtime, Music and Meridian totally kicked!!! After the last set, I got a piece of one of Johnny's broken sticks (the working end) and one of Gord D's picks off the stage (how cool!) Looking forward to the big tour in the fall! (In case you saw me at the show, I was the tall guy with spiked hair, black longsleeve Hip Gargoyle T-shirt - front and center on the floor)
TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by TLB »

Hey Halo, I remember you. Didn't you win a contest in Regina? I was wearing the Barilko jersey in front of you.
prz
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by prz »

those pictures are absolutely awesome. Good job.
Halo-Rez
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Halo-Rez »

TLB - Barilko jersey, - I remember you too, in front of and to my left!

Yes I won the trip and tickets to the show from "104.9 The Wolf" here in Regina. And good thing I did too, cuz I never got info from THC to buy tickets. Not sure why, but I figure it was one of two reasons: I recently changed my contact info with them, or perhaps they only sent out the info to people located in the area of the shows?
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

Halo-Rez wrote: or perhaps they only sent out the info to people located in the area of the shows?
I got the info and I'm in the Northwest Territoriez....What Rez R U from?
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Halo-Rez
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Halo-Rez »

Summiteer -

I was speculating, so if that was not the case, then I must have missed out because the info was sent prior to changing my email/contact info with THC. I've been registered with them since the day IVL was released. But I changed my email a couple months ago and only realized I needed to change the contact info with them when I started hearing about the club dates. Wait a minute, why am I defending myself? (must have been the tone of your message.)
Tarokun
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Tarokun »

I was at the show, near the right side of the stage (crowd's perspective), and I taped it. I missed the first bit of Vac Scar, but the rest is there and sounding good
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

Halo, I was right beside you in a white/red hip jersey, right behind TLB, my girlfriend and yours chatted for a bit, congrats on winning the tickets, and it's great to know you enjoyed the show as much as you did!!

MountainHip
Halo-Rez
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Halo-Rez »

MountainHip - Glad to share the experience with ya! Thanks for the help with the pick! I've chatted with your sister since the show too through email. (and sorry I need to clarify, not my girlfriend, just a friend!)

Is it tuesday yet?