2004-09-18 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

nice chris sure you don't do this professionaly?

if not you should
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

Some other notes from the 3rd row in front of Paul:

Copie - Looked like this chick in the front row accidently pulled out the cable for Gord's ear monitor or guitar (the cables were on the edge of the stage and there was no barricade in front - someone knocked 'em all off the stage during Sam Roberts' set), I'm guessing the ear monitor. Since he couldn't hear, he wanted to start over. I think he said something to her after the song as well.

ABAC - Something really pissed off Johnny. Billy Ray was running around a lot trying to fix whatever the issue was. Johnny took out his frustration on the drums big time.

Post show - this chick (the same one from above?) climbed up on stage and tried to pull Gord's setlist off the floor. Billy Ray saw this and went ballistic (rightfully so). He almost had to physically remove her from the stage. What a dumb ass (the girl, not Billy Ray). People. :roll:

Excellent start to the tour!
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

john cage wrote:Some other notes from the 3rd row in front of Paul:

Post show - this chick (the same one from above?) climbed up on stage and tried to pull Gord's setlist off the floor. Billy Ray saw this and went ballistic (rightfully so). He almost had to physically remove her from the stage. What a dumb ass (the girl, not Billy Ray). People. :roll:

Excellent start to the tour!
I saw the same thing. Billy Ray was not happy and actually showed some restraint in dealing with that jerk. He was just about to remove her when she jumped down.
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

Chris and Trevor, everything looks great. You're invalueble assets to the hip community. Thanks for all the hard work! :thumb:

-Jenna
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Chris and Trevor, everything looks great. You're invalueble assets to the hip community. Thanks for all the hard work!
Thanks Jenna! That was so nice of you to say. We do it because we love the band and the music just as much as all of the other Basers around here. We just sometimes get lucky and have the means to do things like this. Chris is the real brains behind the operation...I just follow him and the good times seem to happen!

8)
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

One other thing:

This group in about the 8th row center held up a sign that read "Gregory Peck Fans" with five or so arrows pointing down at them. Gord acknowledged this before Silver Jet. :thumb:
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

Jenna_Bird wrote:Chris and Trevor, everything looks great. You're invalueble assets to the hip community. Thanks for all the hard work! :thumb:

-Jenna
I second that! Great, great footage. Thanks guys!
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

Here are some pictures from the "meet and greet" backstage at the Fox Theatre after the show. Thanks to Chris who let me use his digital camera, since I was totally unprepared. The room we were in was in the bowels of the theatre.
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

The previous post would not hold all the pictures I wanted in it. So here is a continuation. The first picture is a view of the room we were in when we met most of The Hip members and Sam Roberts. The last one is of the Lap of the Lake Crew in the elevator of the apartment we stayed in overnight before traveling to Cleveland. Whenever I'm on a Hip roadtrip it is a tradition to take at least one such photo in the hotel we are staying at.
K-Town Lassie
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by K-Town Lassie »

Great pics, Hugh. Looks like everyone had a good time!

:thumb:
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

We certainly did!!!

Thanks for sharing Hugh!
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by jen »

Awesome pics!! Thanks for sharing :thumb:
FighterAndLover
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by FighterAndLover »

Dear Mr. mrlayance, along with others on this forum
I'm a student, and I'm writing a review on this show (Fox Theatre, Detroit) for my school newspaper, would you grant me permission to put these astounding pic's in there? (also, give me your name and I'll credit you)
DIdn't bring camera to show :(
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

FighterAndLover wrote:Dear Mr. mrlayance, along with others on this forum
I'm a student, and I'm writing a review on this show (Fox Theatre, Detroit) for my school newspaper, would you grant me permission to put these astounding pic's in there? (also, give me your name and I'll credit you)
Please ask the author of the pics.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

FighterAndLover wrote:Dear Mr. mrlayance, along with others on this forum
Yes, you have my permission to use those pictures for your article in your school newspaper. My name is Hugh L. Thank you for your interest. By the way, what school newspaper will you be publishing this in?

:thumb: