2004-09-26 - Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

who's the bald dude?... Is that old guy even a member of hipbase?
:lol: I'm sure Gord would love to read that about himself! But that isn't the only picture from the US tour that makes him look a little "tired" shall we say?
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

The Trocadero Philly Pa September 26,2004

Post by senschic »

As always this was a kick ass show. I was suprised at how many people there knew all of the words to every song. It was amazing. I could definately feel the love in the place. The guys rocked out. I also met a few fellow canadians while I was getting some popcorn. :)Gord was awesome last night. I dont know how the mic survived lol I can't wait for the next show!
SteveHebe
New Maybe
New Maybe

Always Like Philly

Post by SteveHebe »

I am still recovering from the show last night in Philly. WOW! It had been many years since I had been to the Troc. I am a big fan of the TLA as a venue, but this was nice. For some reason, I remembered the Troc being much bigger???

I was in NYC last Wednesday for the show and was impressed by the size and the energy of the crowd. In retrospect, there was NO comparison. I would’ve guessed that there were at best 1/2 as many people at the Philly show than NYC, but man were they ready rock! What a great crowd and the boys just seemed to feed off of them.

I liked the setlist. Got a “Family” and “Heart”, Dire Wolf and Copenhagen were nice additions too.

A fantastic show all around...here are some photos I took to share. (http://tinyurl.com/6wd9g)

On a final note... I have noticed with increasing regularity a growing number of "pinheads" in the crowd that find it necessary to call their friends during the shows to let them "listen" to the show from a phone their cell carrier gave them! For a good part of the beginning of the show, I was stuck standing next to some idiot that must have called at least 6 people and talked through the first 20-30 minutes of the show. How lame and ignorant can you be?!? How about a little respect? Not just for the other fans, but for the band, too! How do you think that makes them feel? C'mon gang let's have some consideration.
brian1175
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by brian1175 »

What a show. Not much to add other than, my wife thought she heard gord ranting on about.... something showed up at our door and we drank every one of them.....I would only think he was talking about the beer ShannonW, Jamie-thehip11, Nathalie75 left at their door. Pretty cool.. Had a great time hanging out with Shannon, Jamie, Nathalie, hugh & Carolyn. Look forward to the Baltimore show....
brian1175
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by brian1175 »

oh yeah, and the guy from chicago...don't remember your name..sorry... Also, what happen to Jenna, was looking forward to meeting her.
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

Sorry I missed all the hipbasers...again. I was stuck up in the balcony, because I'm under 21. I don't thinkj I have ever been more livid in my entire life. The show was amazing, but diminished slightly because I was stuck behind a pole. The set was amazing...so high energy. There was one moment when Gord was gyrating around the stage and almost careened into Paul. Paul just scuffled backwards, as though he knew it was coming. High Class. :) I had fun with Jon and his family. It's great to be at a show surrounded by people you know. I'll post more later, after a rest a bit. Jon and I got in around 2 am, little bit of sleep, then I hauled myself back up to 'Cuse.

-Jenna
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by senschic »

Jenna_Bird wrote:Sorry I missed all the hipbasers...again. I was stuck up in the balcony, because I'm under 21. I don't thinkj I have ever been more livid in my entire life. The show was amazing, but diminished slightly because I was stuck behind a pole. The set was amazing...so high energy. There was one moment when Gord was gyrating around the stage and almost careened into Paul. Paul just scuffled backwards, as though he knew it was coming. High Class. :) I had fun with Jon and his family. It's great to be at a show surrounded by people you know. I'll post more later, after a rest a bit. Jon and I got in around 2 am, little bit of sleep, then I hauled myself back up to 'Cuse.

-Jenna
Hey I was up in the balcony too lol I was exhausted from driving all day so i wanted to sit down.Sorry you were stuck behind a pole :/ I remember watching him almost run into Paul you're right he didn't even flinch just moved back.
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

Where were you sitting? I was the chick standing against the right back wall, next to a big guy in a grey t-shirt.

-Jenna
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by senschic »

I think I saw you!! I was in the very back row in the middle! I was in a white and red t shirt and my husband had a black tshirt on with a big maple leaf on it.
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

Yep! I walked by you two to go try to snag the hip poster that was hanging downstairs, but someone had beat me to it. Hope you enjoyed the show!

-Jenna
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by senschic »

I wanted that poster too but it was gone. :( And yeah we had a great time!
ShannonW
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ShannonW »

I don't think I can add much to what everyone has said... and I've just now recovered enough sleep to form thoughts that might make sense.

This was the greatest weekend of all time. We thought they'd never top the Washington show a day later, but they did! Hearing Dire Wolf was amazing, not to mention Family which I wanted to hear SO badly. And of course Heart of the Melt was AWESOME.

Meeting everyone was a great time! It amazes me how EVERY person I've met off of Hipbase is a lot of fun and super friendly. You guys made an awesome trip an unbelievable trip. Never in my life has 75 million miles of driving been so worth it! Extra HUGE thanks to Jamie for driving those 75 million miles!

Gord was dancing like a crazy man for the whole show, and was really funny. NOIS was amazing. He got so into it... haven't seen one that good in like 5 or 6 years. Best Grace, Too I've ever seen. Best Fire in the Hole... mostly for the hilarious but on the ground. I can't stress enough how funny that was!

The entire DAY was insanity from the second we stepped off the elevator and saw Billy Ray about to get on. We were like "OH MY GOD. THE HIP ARE IN OUR BUILDING. and... ON OUR FLOOR" It pretty much just elevated in insanity from there with our crazy beer drop off and run away. Hanging with Hugh and Carolyn and John Cage before the show back our place was also a lot of fun.

The guys were super friendly after the show too. They all stayed and talked for a long while, and Gord was kind enough to put up with another picture with us, since the one we took last night didn't turn out.

I really have nothing productive to say. I think I'm still sleepy!

This was months worth of anticipation... and it turned out better than I could have imagined it would! Thanks everyone!
brian1175
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by brian1175 »

Awesome shannon....I still haven't seen a posting from Jamie... I think you wore him out...
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

Don't worry folks. I'm in the process of writing a huge step by step review of our entire weekend!!

Stay tuned for 75 million stories!
kari
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by kari »

thehip11 wrote:Don't worry folks. I'm in the process of writing a huge step by step review of our entire weekend!!

Stay tuned for 75 million stories!
Can't wait to hear more about the journey, Jamie! Make sure Breanne and myself get a glowing review, haha! :)