2004-10-07 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

snuffy
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by snuffy »

We also met a fellow from Detroit (forgot his name) who had just seen the show at the Fox Theater in Detroit as well
His name was Eric...I call him summy or summy time. I know because he was telling me about the show and how it roxxored. Anyway summy was my roommate in college, and one of my very best friends to date. Summy loved the hip and played them non stop until finally one day, I too loved them. Now I am a full fledged hip junkie. I am going to see them in a couple of weeks @ the orbit room in Grand Rapids. Thanks summy...take it easy on the ladies in sac town...hope to see ya soon buddy...hopefully chimin in the new year on top of the slopes in heavenly valley!
katalack
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by katalack »

Tthip wrote:No - sorry, I did not hit the show - I saw the poster on ebay and just grabbed the link.
I hate that part of it. You can see quite a few people outside the venue just waiting to beg posters from fans. They then sell the the posters to a person who ebays them. I overheard one guy saying "That makes eleven" as I walked down the street. I would rather send them to fans as a trick-or-treat present.
I can't see doing anything other than framing my Fillmore Hip posters.

kat
conradjosepi
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by conradjosepi »

Yes, it was Rob.....I don't know why I said Paul.

:(
imcrushingurhead
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by imcrushingurhead »

I was at the show that night.. It was amazing! Having my first HIp concert at the Fillmore in San Francisco ... man what a dream come true. A friend of mine and I mananged to snag a spot right up front. Gord S looked right at me! I swear it! Hehehe.. I met a lady there who had never seen them before either it was nice talking to her. I loved the feel of the whole show. The crowd was amazing. I dont think theres any way you cant go all out at a hip show.

It was one of (if not THE) the best shows/concerts ive ever been to. It was just so exciting..and im sure part of it was because it was the first time i had seen my number 1 favorite band! Im so glad they come to San Francisco when they tour! We are so lucky.

I also begged a roadie for a setlist and got one! woo whoo!
conradjosepi
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by conradjosepi »

amen sister!

:thumb:

Till next time...
10d
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by 10d »

I was also at the Fillmore show, in the balcony Directly over the stage. I shot off four rolls of film at that one.

You can check out my blog:

http://his-holiness.diaryland.com/jaquesreeve.html

To see some of them.

This was my fourth time seeing the Hip at the Fillmore. My first was on the Trouble at the Henhouse tour.

I want to thank everyone who made it such fun, especially for my kid brother. It was his first show, and everyone was really cool with him.