2004-10-05 - San Diego, CA - 4th & B

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2004-10-05 - San Diego, CA - 4th & B

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
borgs
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by borgs »

from thehip.com

Wednesday, October 06, 2004
Setlist - 4th & B, San Diego, CA Oct. 5, 2004

As Makeshift As We Are
Grace, Too
My Music @ Work
It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
Summer's Killing Us
Fireworks
Lake Fever
Nautical Disaster
Gus: The Polar Bear From Central Park
Escape Is At Hand (For The Travelling Man)
Courage
Goodnight Josephine
At The Hundreth Meridian
One Night In Copenhagen
Springtime In Vienna
Inevitability Of Death
It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
New Orleans Is Sinking

1st Encore:
Heaven Is A Better Place Today
Something On

2nd Encore:
Vaccination Scar
Blow At High Dough
mark
Completist
Completist

Post by mark »

whoa. Escape, Springtime, IOD and Something On. awesome
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

Great to see Vapour Trails, Something On and Escape creeping into a few shows...
bigblackie
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by bigblackie »

Great show. Good dynamics in the setlist, with a couple of high energy songs followed by a lttle more mellow song, then back to rockin'. When they were here last time in 2002, they were a little burned out after a rough four days on the road in the heat of August. They definitely were back putting out the energy last night. Gordie was pretty animated with some good rants. The crowd was cool and showed their appreciation for what the band was doing. The new stuff was great and they had fun playing it. I missed hearing a couple of my personal favorites, but I've heard them so many times, I can't bitch. I haven't hear "Courage" or "Springtime" in a few years. That's the beauty of this band, with so many great songs that whatever they play, they're going to be great. Gord Sinclair said that they are really enjoying going back into their catalogue and pulling out the gems. I think they are "re-discovering" some of them and as he said "really digging into them". They are in good form and I'm sure that they are going to put on some great shows in Canada. Enjoy.
mxsteve
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by mxsteve »

Great show! (Of course) Was 1st row right in the center, five feet from Gord. He was literally sweating on me. By the way, my wife and I have never seen a human being sweat so much. Anyway, the set list was great, there are always songs that you wish they could play but they are only up there for 2 hours or so. Highlights for me were Grace,I.O.D,Courage,---forget it, the whole show was the highlight. The band is tight, sound was ok, where we were standing you couldnt hear the lyrics that good, but I knew all the words so that was ok. He did go on some rants but again, i couldnt really hear'em. My wife, who didn't really know any of the old songs, was very impressed with Gord's stage antics, she commented that he looked crazy. I'm sure everybody knows what she is talking about! Crowd was good, full of canadians, they were singing along. I have never been this close before and it was VERY cool. :lol: Sam Roberts was good also, I had never heard of them before and now I think I am going to get their cd. Going to Hollywood show tonight, can't wait!!!