2004-10-04 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

stanslow12
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by stanslow12 »

I too am disappointed with all the setlist complaints. I was at the recent Detroit show and they did not play Grace, and it didn't bother me a bit. I, like everyone else that will read this have been to multiple shows, eleven to be exact, and have heard Grace plenty of times. A few years ago I seen a show at Pine Knob in Clarkston, Mi (7-15-2000) and neither NOIS or 100th made the setlist. Instead, the crowd was treated to rarities like flamenco (only time I've ever heard live) and yawning along with a number of songs from the then new M@W. What makes The Hip such an awesome band is that they have dozens of great tunes, and there is just no possible way of hearing every song you want in one show.

As for IBE, which I believe is their greatest display of talent yet, I think you should pay a bit more attention to Gus and Mean Streak, during which Rob's solos are extensive and incredible!
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

What conclusion are these people wanting, nothing will ever come out of complaining about a set list. Saying it on here gives you satisfaction? That's beyond my thinking. Check out this page and think for a bit please......

http://www.hipbase.com/stats/songs.php? ... d=&set_id=

What would you think if you were the band and you played some great tunes and then only to hear.

"Well thay didn't play this, this and this." bob blaw blaw........
skippy the wonder dog
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by skippy the wonder dog »

Ain't a problem with the setlist, it's a problem with expectations.

I didn't miss Grace in Detroit either.
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

This is one of the best setlists on the tour, i totally wou give up hearing Grace over, vapour trails, fighter fighter and Looking
thechubb
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by thechubb »

you all just need to understand that it's personal taste. I am particularly fond of DFN and was dissapointed that nothing showed up. If you were at this show you might agree that the band just never took flight as they usually do. Gord was way overheated, remember this is phoenix. The venue is sub par and after the jerk jumped on stage they cut it short. I did have a fucking great time, met some really great people as always. This was my 15th show and sorry but it is near the bottom of the list as far as good shows go. I will always support the hip. I loved what I heard. But...it wasnt as good as it could have been. Every hip show leaves you wanting more....this one in particular for valid reasons, i think at least. Its not complaining about the band so much as some of the situations that transpired. Think about it, some fuckin retard jumps up and stands next to gordie for way to long, security doesn't do a damn thing and pauls guitar tech has to take care of the problem. End of the show. I heard plenty of others complaining about this as well. This is a forum. A place to express an opinion. This is my opinion. Not a negative word about the band. I love the hip as much as anyone.
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

i could understand why its hot, Gord does like the A/C on in the building.
stanslow12
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by stanslow12 »

I can understand your disapointment, and you're right, this is a place to express your opinion. Didn't intend to make such a personal attack, it was more of a reaction to the ever growing number of setlist complaints, but I must admit that I too hope for certain tunes and expectations for a show.
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

Some things can get misinterpreted when only in writng. I *hope* to hear songs at concerts however I try not to feel let down when those songs aren't played. Since I know that the setlists change.

I didn't mean to come off looking like, I am smarter, or a better fan.

I have this thing for "Blow at High Dough" I always hope to hear that one.