2004-10-11 - Spokane, WA - Big Easy

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2004-10-11 - Spokane, WA - Big Easy

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
Last edited by mrlayance on Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
travellin'J
New Maybe
New Maybe

Spokane setlist

Post by travellin'J »

Holy crap boys and girls... I've been to over 30 shows now, and I've never seen one like this.

The Big Easy
Spokane, WA
Oct 11, 2004

Sam Roberts opening (8 songs)

As Makeshift As We Are
Fully Completely
Giftshop
Ahead By A Century
One Night In Copenhagen
Courage
Bobcaygeon
Membership
It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
Poets
Gus
At The Hundredth Meridian
Flamenco
Vaacination Scar
New Orleans Is Sinking
Goodnight Josephine
My Music At Work
---
Heaven Is A Better Place Today
It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
Little Bones
---
Summer Is Killing Us
Springtime In Vienna

Can't post review right now... trying to keep this rush of euphoria for as long as possible.

From a Holiday Inn Express off of I-90... stay hip.

JAG
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

cool to see flamenco pop up..wish they'd played it in seattle!! springtime as a closer though..and we thought fireworks was strange!
borgs
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by borgs »

membership eh ?
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

its nice to see the hip mixing it up more and more each night.

would love to hear membership though. interesting closer, springtime, it is cool to see them closing with different songs instead of Blow or bones all the time
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by senschic »

Wow it would be pretty tough to top a setlist like that! I'm glad you hada good time!
lucasfowler
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by lucasfowler »

Wow! too bad that wasnt the seattle setlist!!!
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

i was at the seattle show and i think we got the better setlist to be honest...with the exception of flamenco..it was so nice to hear are we family
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

What a show, just got back from the triangle tour. Portland, Seattle and Spokane!

Was great to hear Membership. They did change up the original list, I am just going through the tape now. I am going to try and post a divx file of the encore tonight. I also have bunch of notes to go over and will post on my site soon.

Cheers...
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

oh yeah, I told everyone who asked about the taping to come to the hipbase.com! You should see a spike in membership!
Cheers...
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

I have a sample on my site, it is a 65mb Divx file.
The second encore
Summer is Killing Us
Spring Time.

Enjoy.

http://www.onegeeksopinion.com/files/hip_spokane.avi
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

Just got in from Spokane and I'm tired as hell. What a fantastic show!!! The boys were on fire as usual, and what an awesome treat it was to hear Membership and Flamenco. I haven't heard either of those tunes since the Music@Work tour. The venue was perfect. From what the bartender told me, the Big Easy's capacity is roughly 1000, but there couldn't have been more than 600 people there. The highlight of the night was the security guard up front who held up the big "Happy Thanksgiving" sign, resulting in huge cheers from all the Canucks in the bar. As for the music, the guys definitely had their "A" game going last night. Gord had tons of energy and the set-list flowed nicely. One thing I especially noticed was Paul's beautiful guitar work in "Bobcaygeon". I still say Paul is the unsung hero of The Tragically Hip. The quiet unassuming guy with the gorgeous guitar melodies. I love it!

Sam Roberts was great as well! I've seen him 4 times now and he never fails to rock the hell out of the joint. His band keeps getting better and better everytime I see them.

On another note, all you dipshits who felt the need to blow off your pent-up adolescent angst by crowd surfing and pushing people around, please stop doing this! You're embarrasing yourselves, embarrasing the band, and pissing off your fellow concert-goers, in that order. My friends and I didn't drive 9 hours from Calgary to get pushed around and kicked in the head by crowd-surfers. The bar was half-empty for pete sakes, and there was more than enough standing room for everyone there. Gord was NOT impressed and said a few words between songs to try and calm the idiots. I still haven't figured out what it is about the Hip's music that brings out such aggressive tendencies in certain Canadian males.

As a quick aside I would personally like to thank the three large gentlemen behind me who formed a human shield around myself and the two lovely ladies dancing beside me at the front of the stage. You did a fantastic job fending off the assholes, and you made the show that much more enjoyable for all the little people up front. I hope you guys enjoyed the show as much as we did!

:thumb:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

biga wrote:I have a sample on my site, it is a 65mb Divx file.
The second encore
Summer is Killing Us
Spring Time.

Enjoy.

http://www.onegeeksopinion.com/files/hip_spokane.avi
Looks great! Can't wait to see the complete DVD.

Thanks! :thumb:
prairiedog
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by prairiedog »

I think GD was pissed in Portland when the surfing began as well. Many sang "O' Canada" in between SR and The Hip. One of Gord's first rants was directed at how nationalities were pointless and how borders did more harm than good...or something to that effect.
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

I have some photos in my gallery at http://home.onegeeksopinion.com/gallery/album01

and a article at http://www.onegeeksopinion.com

cheers...