2004-10-19 - Rochester, NY - Auditorium Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

This is truely FANTASTIC! Thanks to CHRIS for making this readily available, and to RON for the wonderful recording!!

I will help seed this show in order to help support the network.

MountainHip

THANKS AGAIN RON AND CHRIS
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

One of the Best Wheat Kings I've heard. Nice unintentional long intro.
ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

thanks for all the kind words . i have more pictures if interested for art work the sound that i get from the small mic i use i still can't believe it
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

someone email me a couple of pictures and I'll wip together a CD cover with them, the mic & my scanned ticket from row A

Jeffro
-gonna attempt the torrent thing with this one ?
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Damn - I put it on CD yesterday, and I ended disk one at Meridian - I guess great minds think alike.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
LIVELOVEtheHIP
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Rochester Show ROCKED!

Post by LIVELOVEtheHIP »

I have seen The Hip many times, and drove again from Ontario, Canada to see them in Rochester- what a fantastic show!! The front row pit seats helped a little.....!!!!!!! I have never seen them in a small venue like this. Every time I see them I want MORE! The security guy gave me the setlist- could it have been a better night???????
Was hoping for some Little Bones, but Wheatkings was just as good!
LIVELOVEtheHIP
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Rochester Show.... PICS???

Post by LIVELOVEtheHIP »

I was at the show.... front row pit and too excited to remember my camera! Does anyone have pics from the show? The closer the better- I'll pay for negatives, copies... whatever! Please let me know if you have any!

Cheers!
jay stains

Post by jay stains »

my 10th show, and not the worst i've seen. gord was great but the "other" gord was of course the best again. robbie was on, it' just too bad no one knows who he is besides us. membership was the greatest treat ever, but again they disappoint in the setlist. stop playing the same fu***** songs every night, mix it up. i mean how many times can i hear courage or 100th meridian, i mean they are great songs, but they have much better. BLOW of course ended the show...again, and in fact it did blow, give me 3pistols or 700ft to close, and instead of ABAC, play pigeon camera. o well, i guess you got to take the bead with the good, and this was not too bad. if any of you read this PLEASE PLAY COCONUT CREAM IN TORONTO, i will be able to die a happy man.
LIVELOVEtheHIP
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by LIVELOVEtheHIP »

They could sing Jingle Bells all night and I would be happy...

I just love seeing them live!
buffalorob
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

tunes

Post by buffalorob »

Jingle Bells would be better than hearing Wheat Kings again.
tth50mc
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by tth50mc »

Jay - I have to laugh... if they didn't play the songs you mentioned they play frequently... ppl would say they missed those songs. I look forward to those songs and if they didnt play them i felt i missed something.

For me I'd love to hear 50 Mission Cap or Pistols or Cordelia, but it was fun to hear Membership and the new songs off the new album. For me to hear coconut cream would be disappointing if they left out Poets for instance.

I guess it boils down to this... different strokes for different folks. I appreciate the engery they put forth and still wish they play songs I like but the show is for them as much as it is for me and for the others in attendance.

In my mind i felt it was quite a different mix setlist from the earlier setlists in the IBE tour. You're Everywhere to start was something new... membership was in the mix.... so was springtime. Any which way you slice it they are playing 7 new ones and that means other songs are gonna get bumped and other ones might not be played again at a show you will attend that you heard before. I thought Blow was amazing. this was my 11th show and going nov 26 and dec 31 too. It was well worth the drive from Canada.
PurposelessPlay
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by PurposelessPlay »

I'm about to burn the Rochester show. Should we come to a consensus on how many tracks go on each disc? For CD cover purposes (when one is made). I personally think the first disc should end with Meridian. Any thoughts??
How about not seperating the cover by disc? Just listing all the songs type of thing. I went ahead and burned the show before I came here and I seperated after NOIS. I don't mind having the occassional cover not accurately reflecting the song split.....oh who am I kidding? I'm an obsessive freak who secretly cringes at the thought of that! lol

But is there some way we can institute a global song split for all of these shows were going to torrent? A section on Chris' awesome site perhaps? :thumb:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

If the tracks are named correctly, everyone who downloads the show will split it at the same point.

For example:
tth2004-10-19d01t01 - Disc 1, Track 1
tth2004-10-19d02t01 - Disc 2, Track 1

In my haste to upload this show to the tracker, I didn't name the files properly (all named d01) so I'll take the blame, serve my two minutes, and feel shame. :)
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

I am almost done and planned on a split after 100th ? Is that OK or do you think just listing the songs out all together makes more sense?

It's starting to sound like that makes more sense ?

Let me know - I'll be done tonight and post it here or email it to someone to host!
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

thecompletist wrote:I am almost done and planned on a split after 100th ? Is that OK or do you think just listing the songs out all together makes more sense?

It's starting to sound like that makes more sense ?

Let me know - I'll be done tonight and post it here or email it to someone to host!
Send it to me, and I'll post it on the torrent site as a link from the torrent details page. (At least I'll try to...)