2004-10-26 - Myrtle Beach, SC - House Of Blues

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Dire Wolf
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Dire Wolf »

Thehip21 wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why people complain about the setlists so much...You know what they play..you know what they don't play...take your chances, shut the hell up and enjoy the shows or stay home so you'll have nothing to complain about. Ungreatful bastards.
exactly :thumb:
"They're your blues, we just play 'em"
clearlyentranced
Completist
Completist

Post by clearlyentranced »

It really is pathetic.
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

Thehip21 wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why people complain about the setlists so much...You know what they play..you know what they don't play...take your chances, shut the hell up and enjoy the shows or stay home so you'll have nothing to complain about. Ungreatful bastards.
I couldn't agree more! I will be driving to Toledo from Detroit for my 8th show of this tour. Number 9 is tomorrow in Grand Rapids. I still plan on going to two Canadian dates.

Many of The Hip's setlists are similar, but they never play any song exactly the same and they always mix up the order of the ones that are repeated. The songs from IBE and the standard favorites make up the core of the show. The band has been playing one or two rare or older classics everytime. Repeating some of those at each city. We have all been following the setlist from the review section and on thehip.com .

For every show that I have seen, I feel I have received something slightly different. The purpose of a tour is to expose the band's latest CD to old and new fans and to promote CD sales. Every setlist for a show on a tour for a new CD that The Hip have released has been dominated by songs from that latest CD. I think this is true for any band on tour.

I have been lucky enough to hear IOD, Vapor Trails, Escape, Fighter Fighter, Dire Wolf, Three Pistols and The Heart of the Melt. Many of you heard one of those at the show or shows you attended. The Hip try to please both old and new fans equally. They expose everyone to a large portion of their new material, play the favorites, then pullout one oldie for us die hards. And to say that the guys just run through NOIS, 100th, or Courage is wrong. I just haven't seen it. But that is my opinion.

My friends and I can't wait for the show tonight! :jump :jump :jump
clearlyentranced
Completist
Completist

Post by clearlyentranced »

Well said Hugh, have a great time tonight.

Also, we all know that Gord's memory isn't the greatest..ex. I&I trying to do cordelia. Would you want him to feel embarassed just to try and please you? Or perhaps a stand with pages full of lyrics on it, that he'll knock over? Come on..