2004-11-24 - Thunder Bay, ON - Fort William Gardens

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

sadies
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by sadies »

was it a sell out show. I've heard some of the dates on the tour have been a shade less than full. i don't even think rem sold out the same venue a few weeks ago.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

TheHip.com...

Setlist - Fort Williams Garden, Thunder Bay, ON Nov. 24, 2004
Vaccination Scar
Fully, Completely
Gift Shop
Summer's Killing Us
Ahead By A Century
Something On
One Night In Copenhagen
Courage
It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
Inevitability Of Death
Poets
It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
At The Hundredth Meridian
Are We Family
My Music @ Work
New Orleans Is Sinking

1st Encore:
As Makeshift As We Are
Springtime In Vienna
Blow At High Dough

2nd Encore:
Heaven Is A Better Place Today
Long Time Running
Little Bones
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
weedsmokingpylon
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by weedsmokingpylon »

AW cripes, missed the 2nd encore!!!

But, what an awesome show it was!!

Had me dancing in my seat (even though there wasn't much room to dance in the hockey seats :/)
wpghipfan
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by wpghipfan »

First rule of thumb at a Hip show:
Never EVER leave after the first encore.... never. Unless the lights come up, they are coming back...

Rory
Halifax
Billy
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Billy »

wpghipfan wrote:Never EVER leave after the first encore.... never. Unless the lights come up, they are coming back...

Rory
Halifax
That is pretty much the rule for any concert...but...I saw Motley Crue back in either May or June 1990, on the Dr. Feelgood tour, in Winnipeg of all places. They played their encores (either 2 or 3, can't remember) and the house lights came back on. Typically at every concert before and after then, when that happens, everybody files out. That night, absolutley nobody left. Everybody kept chanting, "Crue! Crue! Crue!" and goddamned if they didn't come back out and say something to the effect of, "You're sure a bunch of crazy fuckers!" and they ripped into 2 more songs. It was sheer bliss for a young, impressionable, headbanger such as yours truly.
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

wpghipfan wrote:First rule of thumb at a Hip show:
Never EVER leave after the first encore.... never. Unless the lights come up, they are coming back...
I'll go one step further: Don't leave until the crew has begun load out.

I went to a Springsteen show in Chicago (around '93 w/o the E Street Band) and he came back a good five minutes after the 'last' encore to play Working on the Highway. About half the crowd had left. I was just about out of the seating area (World Amp) when I heard a roar. Scrambled back to front row (security had basically packed it in) and had Christopher Lloyd (Rev. Jim) and his wife/girlfriend dancing next to me. That was different!
NWOntario
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by NWOntario »

I saw Pearl Jam in State College, PA back in 2003, one of the band's all-time legendary performances. This group of guys was sitting behind me and were obviously die hard fans...kept yelling for the band to play "Hard to Imagine", among other things. Anyway, they BOLTED after the second encore--and in doing so missed Crazy Mary, Porch, Fortunate Son, Rockin' in the Free World and Yellow Ledbetter, an astounding half-hour long third encore. FWIW.

Also, the Hip allegedly sold out the FW Gardens, since my boys who ended up going couldn't get tickets until promoters seats were released the day before. I understand everything but standing room was gone within a couple hours of it going on sale.

Steve