2004-11-20 - Saskatoon, SK - Saskatchewan Place

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

nice to see twist my arm reappear
nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

only reason I can see it being shorter is if they had to fly straight out to Ottawa after the show...

Nick
Billy
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Billy »

Daredevil...very nice indeed.
vicariousmartyr
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by vicariousmartyr »

Are you ready?, eh...

Odd choice
nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

Anyone have the full in-order setlist?

Nick
vena_cava
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by vena_cava »

nhaste wrote:Anyone have the full in-order setlist?

Nick
I was there last night, row 3 seat 21 (dead center)

From a earlier post in this thread, it appears as though the submitted setlist is pretty much right.

This was the 11th time I have seen them, (10 times in Winnipeg before this one). Unfortunately, I hadn't listened to IBE much, but the performance of the new tracks was good.
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

Well I made it back to Calgary today after a fantastic road trip out to Toon town. Lotta driving, lotta catching up with good freinds, great Hip show, too many beers prior, during and after the show made for a great road trip full of good times.

Managed to get a copy of the setlist after the show. They had Chagrin and Fire down for the 3rd encore but never came back out? Must have had to catch a flight or something? Anyway, it was a great show. No scanner at home but here's the list:

scar
grace
music
gus
abac
summer
courage
makeshift
gift
bob c
mautical
nashville
meridian
mean
poets
newo

encore 1
ready
wheat
twist

flamenco
Bones

#3 (not played)
Chagrin
Fire

I'm trying to remember if there were any changes but my brain's not working well now so I'm off to the couch.
fingernailsonhull
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by fingernailsonhull »

I don't see Daredevil on that list...
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
thedarkcanuck
Completist
Completist

Post by thedarkcanuck »

i was pretty foggy last night but i believe flamenco was replaced with daredevil...i hope it was cause i can`t remember flamenco at all
7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
jvjones
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by jvjones »

To summarize; sherpahigh's list is correct, except for the substitution of Daredevil for Flamenco...and of course, no 3rd encore.
Definitely a very, very good concert, but not the best I've seen. Gord was in great form, Grace was outstanding and by the end of Music @ Work (3rd song), he had the full sweat going on. Nautical was a highlight (as always) and so was Meridian. 6 songs played from IBE and they all sounded good, with Nashville, Makeshift and Gus being the top choices. Gord had the mic stand leaning dangerously, pointed the gun at Paul for awhile, took the time to cool off in "the frozen food section", and during one interval he assured everyone he knew what we were thinking, by repeating "i know, i know, i know....i know" about 25 times in a row! Didn't notice Johnny sporting the Roughrider t-shirt until they came back for the 1st encore...welcome to the Rider Nation Johnny! Another highlight was the backlit screen showing silhouttes as the band walks out to take the stage. Lots of official looking camera guys around the stage, so hopefully there was some DVD material shot. Met a "new" friend from Regina who is supposed to be emailing me some pics, didn't get her name, but hopefully she comes through. Also cool to meet some gals from Cold Lake, Alberta...hope the drive down was worth it!

But...only drawback would be a little disappointment with the setlist. Almost all of the "standards" were there, with very few surprises. Wheat Kings was special, but this is Saskatoon, to they had to play it. Twist My Arm would have been the only real bonus. Once again, us Saskatchewan people have to look envously at those gosh-darned Albertans! The Calgary set had Fully, Something On, Locked, Scared and Long Time!!! All of those would have been huge highlights for me! Calgary and Edmonton both got the 3rd encore as well. Oh, and didn't they play club dates in those cities this summer as well. OK, enough ranting, we're used to some disappointment around here I guess...but it was still an awesome show.

Jay
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

Well I've got a few hours of sleep in me now. I'm not so sure about Dardevil making an apperance at the show and I don't think famenco was played, I think Springtime was substituted in for it.

The show on a whole was awsome! 100th meridian was amazing, they jammed it out a lot more than the night before in Calgary and it was super cool. I managed to record most of it on my digi cam but the little mic was no match for the bass in there and most of it sounds terrible. I'll see how it is on the computer later on tonight. Are you Ready, Wheat Kings and Twist my Arm was a fantastic 1,2,3 shot. Great first encore!

Great couple of nights of live Hip and I managed to make it back to Calgary for the Halftime show to catch Gus and Courage. 3 days in a row of live Hip, fantastic! :thumb:

I've got a ton of pictures on my camera, I'll see if any are any good later on and post them here.
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

jvjones wrote:To summarize; sherpahigh's list is correct, except for the substitution of Daredevil for Flamenco...
I could swear that I heard him introduce Springtime there instead of Daredevil. I might be losing it. :lol: Could be I'm just getting mixed up with the Calgary show too.
jvjones wrote: and during one interval he assured everyone he knew what we were thinking, by repeating "i know, i know, i know....i know" about 25 times in a row!

That was great when he was doing that. I know... I know. Classic. :thumb:
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

Here's the list from hip.com:

Monday, November 22, 2004
Setlist - Saskatchewan Place, Saskatton, SK Nov. 20, 2004

Vaccination Scar
Grace, Too
My Music @ Work
Gus: The Polar Bear From Central Park
Ahead By A Century
Summer's Killing Us
Courage
As Makeshift As We Are
Gift Shop
Bobcaygeon
Nautical Disaster
It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
At The Hundredth Meridian
Mean Streak
Poets
New Orleans Is Sinking

1st Encore:
Are You Ready
Wheat Kings
Twist My Arm

2nd Encore:
Heaven Is A Better Place Today
Daredevil
Little Bones
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

Not many great pictures really. Hand's weren't steady like Gord's ;) but here's some of the better ones from the night:

~Chris~
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by ~Chris~ »

jvjones wrote:during one interval he assured everyone he knew what we were thinking, by repeating "i know, i know, i know....i know" about 25 times in a row!
I heard him do that but I don't know what "we were thinking."

Anyone else smell an abundence of funny cigs that night? :rambo: