2006-10-28 - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Hall

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by TLB »

A couple days later and Mark, Adrian & I are still talking about FG. It took awhile to pick our jaws up off the floor.

And now we read that Midnight was soundchecked ....... oops, there go our jaws again.
daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by daylight »

Oh god, I took 635 pictures. And 3 videos. I'm never going to get this sorted out...
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

TLB wrote:A couple days later and Mark, Adrian & I are still talking about FG. It took awhile to pick our jaws up off the floor.

And now we read that Midnight was soundchecked ....... oops, there go our jaws again.
wwwwwwwwoooooooooooooowwwwwww :shock: :shock: :shock:
I guess anything is possible, as highlander mentioned in another thread "gets hockey skates and heads to hell"
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

daylight wrote: Another Midnight
Emperor Penguin
:shock:

Awww man, I hope they pull one of these out tonight. And the other on Wed. for that matter. I'm super stoked about the possibilities for these two shows I'm about to see. Hopefully I'll get one or more of the following:

So Hard Done By
Put it Off
Another Midnight
Emperor Penguin
Escape
Gems/Dire wolf
kelman66
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: amazing

Post by kelman66 »

clayton_k wrote:The show was amazing last night and they had some serious energy. When Gord finished Verge he chucked the mic into the crowd! I also scored a Rob Baker guitar pick and got a picture of the setlist from some lucky bugger that landed one! Amazing concert and the songs they played left me stunned.
That lucky bugger was me. We missed gettin the pick by a whisker.
I had my sights on the setlist all night.
At the end of the show, I asked the security guy to grab it but he said he couldn't reach it, but said to wait for a sec. Then right after, the roadie came over and ripped it up off the floor and went to hand it randomly to anyone. I quickly showed security-boy and now...

I have a copy of the setlist (Gord Sinclair's) from the only show to have Fiddler's Green. :shock:

Unfortunately the bottom corner got tore off when the roadie yanked it up off the floor and some of 50MC and Family Band are missing. It still has the hockey tape on the top tho. It even has what could possibly be either GS or RB's shoeprint on it. :D
elliot g
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by elliot g »

The strangest thing is that before the show, my friend and I were talking about the songs we were hoping for, and she mentioned fiddler's green in her top five, totally unaware that the song atually being played would be such a huge deal. She called 50 mission cap too, so she had a real good night.

I was looking for planet, bobc, and summer, but I did get springtime and wheat kings, so that was a ridiculously good first hip show.

We're going to Lethbridge in January, I'm so excited.
daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Re: amazing

Post by daylight »

kelman66 wrote:That lucky bugger was me. We missed gettin the pick by a whisker.
Or me! ;) A friend I'd bought a ticket for, held a spot in line for, and generally taken care of actually got his hands on it first, but he gave it to me as thanks for helping him have such an awesome night. I got a pick, too, but my stupid brother made me give it to him by virtue of him having spotted it first (it was under a security guard's foot after the show).
daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by daylight »

Fiddler's Green Pt. 1 and Pt. 2.

My damn camera has this 3 minute limit on videos, and I can't figure out how to change it. Oh well!
daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by daylight »

A little late in coming, but here are all my pictures from this night's show. It's a 67mb .zip file, and I haven't seperated all of the wheat from the chaff (I did perform a cursory sort, though, for blurry ones and whatnot), but if you were there it might be worth checking out. Feel free to use them for whatever, or print them off.
kelman66
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by kelman66 »

it looks like i was about 10feet to yer right a couple heads back.
great stuff. i enjoyed it for sure.
Like you say, if you were there....
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

Are there any pics for this show?
I am looking to make a cover.
Thanks to Mr. Slogget for making these shows available.
daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by daylight »

See my post, two up from here. All the pictures you could ever want!

If you'd prefer smaller, resized ones, try here and/or here.