04/14/07: Cleveland: House of Blues

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

cbeach40

Post by cbeach40 »

Great fun at this show, Penguin and Edmund Fitzgerald were definite highlights. Thanks guys!
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

No setlist?
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

Set list in order:

In View
NOIS
Drop Off
Burn on Big River/Daredevil
Family Band
ABAC
Ocean
Nautical Disaster
Chagrin Falls
World Container
Fireworks
100th
Last of the Unplucked Gems
Gift Shop
Fly
Bobcaygeon
Rink
Blow

Emperor Penguin
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
Fully, Completely
KD4FLETCH
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Setlist Cleveland

Post by KD4FLETCH »

Great, Great Show My wife got the setlist, but I couldn't upload to sight , so here it is typed.

March 14,2007, House of Blues, Cleveland, Ohio

1. In View
2. New Orleans
3. Drop Off
4. DareDevil
5.Family Band
6.A.B.A.C.
7.Ocean
8.Nautical
9.Chagrin
10.World
11.Fireworks
12.Meridian
13.Gems
14.Gift Shop
15.Fly
16.Bob C.
17.Rink
18.Blow

Encore
1.Penguin
2.Wreck ( cover /Gordon Lightfoot )
3.Fully

What a setlist, Band and Gord were right on tonight!!!!!!

[/img]
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

I should have this torrented by the end of the day...
The Heron Outside
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by The Heron Outside »

Fully as a closer...Very, very cool...
Escape Is At Hand-Tales of a Boy and a Band due June 2013 from Eternal Cavalier Press
http://eternalcavalierpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/eternalcavpress
tth_fan
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by tth_fan »

The Heron Outside wrote:Fully as a closer...Very, very cool...
Ya, it's a welcome change from the stereotypical Blow, or Little Bones.

I like how they've been changing up the setlists lately. Hopefully, they bring that with them on their summer swing through Canada.
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

It seems I see some of the best Hip performances in Cleveland. This show was no exception. The sold out HOB was packed with a large contingent of Buffalo Hip fans. This was a high energy crowd feeding of the Hip's excellent sound. At one point during the show Gord stated, "I am the god of electricity and these are my minions", pointing to all of us. Gord and the band led us on a wonderful musical journey. I thought it was one of the best set lists of the World Container tour with an excellent mix of old and new songs.

One surprise was a new lead in to Daredevil. Instead of Hiccups, "Burn on Big River" by Randy Nueman was played. Burn on Big River and Chagrin Falls were excellent and both were very appropriate with all of the Ohio references. During the 100th Meridian jam, Gord unplugged his mike from the cord and threw the mike into the crowd. A woman in the front row made a nice one handed grab and caught it. She held it in her fist and pumped it in the air. She eventually gave it back. This was followed by Last of the Unplucked Gems. A nice choice to pull out of the large music catalogue that The Hip posses.

I hated to see the evening end because I had so much fun at the show, but the encore set was fantastic. Can I say Emperor F**king Penguin! Hello?! Then that great song was followed by the band's cover of Gordon Lightfoot's Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. I love that song and The Hip played it with great energy and bravado. The show ended with Fully, Completely. Before Gord left the stage, he ended the show as he did the other nights. He knelt down and ground the mike into the stage floor. He was snuffing the mike out like a smoker who was extinguishing his finished cigarette.

I had the best time these last 3 days going to 3 show in a row. I must say I'm exhausted, worn out and very happy. The Hip entertained me with great songs and very few repeats in each set list. I enjoyed seeing my Hip Head friends who went to the shows with me. Being with others who enjoy the music as much as I do just makes things more fun. Carolyn and I want to give a special thank you to The Hip and their crew for letting us hang out with them. We really appreciate it.
Hard Canadian
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hard Canadian »

i'd love to hear gems and penguin live.
VioletlightHeron
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by VioletlightHeron »

chris wrote:I should have this torrented by the end of the day...
Drooling in patient anticipation, Chris. :D
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

The taper has just about completed the upload to me... we're into hour number 9!

I'll be sure to post here when it's ready.
Shane Kroeker
Completist
Completist

Post by Shane Kroeker »

Johnny Fay: "Hey guys, come take a look at this! Emperor Penguin beat out Sherpa in the first round of "The Hip 64" event!
Gord Sinclair: "Better pencil in Emperor Pengiun to start off tonight's encore then..."
All the more reason to keep voting for your favourites! http://hipbase.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

Knew rule, when the Penguins win they must play Emporer Penguin :)
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

chris wrote:The taper has just about completed the upload to me... we're into hour number 9!
Guess Sundays are high traffic days and slowing down my end, although I usually send you stuff overnight so we don't notice how long it takes, you've just been watching this one since 7:30am when I got home from Cleveland :lol:

I'm sad about missing Detroit 1st night but the 2nd night and Cleveland were both great shows to have seen
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

Just back to Oakville now. Great show. I still can't believe they played Emperor Penguin and Edmond Fitzgerald. Great to see Hugh, Carolyn and the drunk guys that I see everywhere.

We almost ran out of gas driving to the show but we just made it to the hotel. It was great to see a Penguins victory tonight followed by a penguin song being played.

My ears are still ringing.