DAT recorders

Looking to set up a trade, tree or a B&P?

Moderator: Moderators

marrow
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

DAT recorders

Post by marrow »

Can anyone suggest some decent DAT recorders and the best place to buy them??
TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Tascam

Post by TLB »

from my experience dat recorders are very expensive but the quality is the best (higher than cd quality). i rented a Tascam a couple years ago, great working model (sorry forgot the model #), looks kind of old but does the trick. Kind of bulky. My problem was ripping the shows to cd. Because of the rental costs, i didn't have any $$$ left to convert the shows. So I guess buying one is the better way to go. Newer recorders should have firewire or USB, but the Tascam didn't. If I had to do it right this time, I'd buy a very small portable dat player with digital (FW/USB) outputs. For minidisc recorders, Sharp is far & away more preferred over Sony for strictly live recording. Try to find out if it's the same with dat players.

If you want an idea of what my recording turned out like, trade with Rory for his copies of Seattle 11/2/00 and Vancouver 11/15-16/2000. I don't have my copies in my possession, otherwise I'd send you copies of mine to listen to.

hope that helps
Tony TLB
marrow
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

hmm

Post by marrow »

Cool man, thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna have to look into alittle more. Lord knows I don't want to spend a fortune on it.

Cheers
eags
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by eags »

Go to this site and read all about them, I personally use a MD recorder and mics, only problem is having to switch the discs!!! Can't beat the price difference, my md was only around $100 plus mics is another 100 or so.

http://www.solorb.com/dat-heads/

Hope this helps and I will take care of the FTP for you tomorrow

Sean