Hipbase Bootleg Show of the Month - February 2019

Looking to set up a trade, tree or a B&P?

Moderator: Moderators

sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Hipbase Bootleg Show of the Month - February 2019

Post by sean.bonner »

Alright Base, I'll be completely honest, the response to January was as cold as a Polar Vortex. We need to heat it up in February. For the Fully and Completely tour, its up to yours truly (oh no, not again). I leaned at one point to selecting Fully and Completely in the pissing rain at Ottawa Bluesfest (Very entertaining set, available in fantastic quality on YouTube), but I also cannot pass up recommending every Hip fan to listen to this show. When the tour schedule popped up for this tour, and I saw that The Hip were playing this venue for the first time, it brought a smile to my face.

There are some venues that demand respect and bring the best out in artists.

The Beacon demands. The Hip delivered.

2015-01-23 - New York, New York - The Beacon

MP3 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw93T ... TBkMWlxQXM

FLAC - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw93T ... 1pZdnpST0U

The Tragically Hip
The Beacon Theatre
New York City NY
January 23, 2015

no opener: DJ playing records instead

taper: inez
location: row CC (3rd row) seat 101 (isle seat of the center section)
source: AT831 (SP­-CMC­-2) > SP­-SPSB­6 > sony PCM­-M10 (wav, 24/48)
mastering (BLG): Adobe Audition > iZotope Ozone 5 > WavePad > xACT > FLAC

I have NEVER seen TTH live! - I was asked to drop in and tape by wooly143 here on dime, and considering how many time my ‘north of the border’ family mentioned them to me - I decided to go check them out.
I was clearly a non-Canadian minority at the venue :) In fact, I’d say I have never seen that many canadians in 1 place outside of Canada. Great crowd, if you ask me - and everyone was so nice and polite! Considering the amount of beer+ being consumed all around me, I kind of expected things to go a bit out of hand with screaming, clapping, whoo-ing - ABSOLUTELY NOT. A bit of audience emotions at the very end, but otherwise, a very very clean tape! And what a loving committed crowd - I almost felt bad that I ‘lacked the historical perspective’ and couldn’t enjoy it as much as folks around me. Really fun, uplifting show!!
Also, considering that Gordon was singing and dancing basically 5 feet in front of me - I filmed some songs and have a bunch of stills if anyone cares :) He didn’t seem to mind.

Many thanks to wooly143 and his friends for a drink afterwards - hope you guys have fun in Boston (and actually manage to get there on time considering the weather!).

Also huge thanks to BLG for his magic with mastering the tape INSTANTLY upon receipt :-)

setlist

01 Grace Too
02 My Music at Work
03 Escape is at Hand for the Travellin’ Man
04 At Transformation
05 New Orleans is Sinking

FULLY NAD COMPLETELY

06 Courage (for Hugh MacLennan)
07 Looking for a Place to Happen
08 At the Hundredth Meridian
09 Pigeon Camera
10 Lionized
11 Locked in the Trunk of a Car
12 We’ll Go Too
13 Fully Completely
14 Fifty-Mission Cap
15 Wheat Kings
16 The Wherewithal
17 Eldorado

Encore

18 In View
19 Man Machine
20 Scared
21 Poets
22 Blow at High Dough
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
cmckay69
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Re: Hipbase Bootleg Show of the Month - February 2019

Post by cmckay69 »

Great tour.... Does anyone have the show from London Ontario from this tour?
britstones
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by britstones »

Great show so far. The sound is great and you can really hear Paul. The set list (pre and post Fully Completely) is very similar to the shows I saw in Edmonton and Saskatoon on this tour.
srb
Completist
Completist

Post by srb »

cmckay69 wrote:Great tour.... Does anyone have the show from London Ontario from this tour?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 0h3YzdEVmc
kieffer
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by kieffer »

I missed the January edition, so jumping back in. A few ruminations:

This is a really nice show, the crowd sounded very into it, Gord had moved past the screamo phase and other than a few flubbed lyrics (which I always love), sounded great.
Escape in the first set is a pleasant surprise and the crowd roar when New York was mentioned was cool. Starting the encore with In View worked well I thought.

This was the first time I ever saw the band advertise a tour with TV spots - definitely felt as though it was targeted to the fans who fell off the wagon along the way. I caught one show on this tour because of the similarity of the setlists. Had great seats in Oshawa and what I remember most of that show is having the most annoying person on the planet beside me.

I believe opinions are mixed on the board in regards to album tours, but generally speaking, I'm a fan. I would have loved to see the band do a multi-night stand in smaller venues tackling two albums per night with an encore of songs from other albums. If for no other reason, than to help me get as close as possible to hearing their entire catalog performed live.

On a sadder note, it pains me knowing this was the final time we saw a 'healthy' Gord on tour.

I might dig through all of the show reviews on the forum for this tour to see if anyone picked up any potentially new lyrics, rants or riffs that may have shown up on MMP or never had the chance to become new material.