2016-08-12 - Toronto, Ontario

Tthip
The Last Recluse

Re: 2016-08-12 - Toronto, Ontario

Post by Tthip »

They had recording disclaimers posted throughout the ACC.
Like: Show being filmed and by entering you agree to participate.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
sherpa
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by sherpa »

I was talking with Bastedo last night and he mentioned he/they are filming every show of the tour.
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

Tthip wrote:They had recording disclaimers posted throughout the ACC.
Has this been the case throughout the tour, or is this the first time they have been posted?

It is the first time I have read it.

That night in Toronto part 2?
bstrauss24
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bstrauss24 »

I agree with Thompson Girl. I cried three times in London and none last night. Possibly because I know I've got one more show, but likely because he looked, acted and sounded great!
BDS28
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BDS28 »

Cpt. Trips wrote:Easily the loudest show I've been to, crowd screamed every line.
Not sure that's all accurate... The whole chunk of MMP stuff through the lesser known IVL stuff was kind of a crowd-killer and my friend mentioned that he couldn't believe how out of it the crowd was and asked if the whole tour had been that quiet. He was obviously more pleased with how he expected it to go once the rest of the show got rocking, but for any non-hardcore fans, that certainly wasn't a bouncing setlist. Worked for me though!
mystery met
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by mystery met »

Was I hearing things or did Gord sing "Tiger the lion, Tiger the lion" before ABAC? I'm not sure he did but anyone else think they heard that?
Icredible show.
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

BDS28 wrote:
Cpt. Trips wrote:Easily the loudest show I've been to, crowd screamed every line.
Not sure that's all accurate... The whole chunk of MMP stuff through the lesser known IVL stuff was kind of a crowd-killer and my friend mentioned that he couldn't believe how out of it the crowd was and asked if the whole tour had been that quiet. He was obviously more pleased with how he expected it to go once the rest of the show got rocking, but for any non-hardcore fans, that certainly wasn't a bouncing setlist. Worked for me though!
I agree. Loved it as a longtime fan, but posted something similar lastnight.

05 In A World Possessed By The Human Mind
06 In Sarnia
07 What Blue
08 Machine
09 The Dire Wolf
10 Use It Up
11 It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
12 Throwing Off Glass

The casual fans probably only "knew" posessed and good life during this stretch, and neither are exactly rocking crowd pleasers. I am thrilled to see the band playing whatever they want instead of a carbon copy setlist throughout the tour.
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

BDS28 wrote:
Playing 8 songs in a row of new material and deep cuts will most certainly turn off the casual fans who just want to hear the hits. But clearly this tour isn't geared toward the casual fan. For hardcores like us though, these shows have been pure heaven and the setlists have far exceeded my expectations. I can't believe some of the stuff they've dusted off so far; songs that I never thought we'd ever hear again (Throwing Off Glass, Opiated, Thugs, Toronto #4, If New Orleans is Beat, Use it Up, etc..). It's been incredible!
Aiowka
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Aiowka »

I recorded the entire show from behind the stage and will be uploading to my YouTube channel this afternoon. Channel is Aiowka. I agree, the set list was fantastic. Wanted Locked and Nautical and got them both! Guy I met at show wanted Dire Wolf and we were both speechless when it was played! Made some new friends, shed a couple tears but most importantly celebrated with everyone the music of the Hip! Most touching moment was Gord kissing all of the band members on the lips after Blow. My God that got me, the love of these boys for each other and the strength they show for Gord. Simply amazing. Unbelievable show. Will be there Sunday as well.
ashtrayrock
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ashtrayrock »

another killer show on the hip's best tour, for as long as i can remember(and i'm old)
finally got in sarnia and like it was mentioned here previously it didn't get there for me, either
probably because the cd version is too perfect. i still have faith it can be pulled off live though
really hoping for hot mic up next please
seats were upper level behind the stage $75 each face value.
sound was incredible last(every) night and i realized for the acc it's because they did what u2 and rush recently did
they hung some speakers throughout the venue from the ceiling pointing down. incredible sound that way=glad bands are catching on
all songs were highlights but especially throwing off glass which was absolutely nailed perfectly
sooo glad to get it's a good life...now just hoping for escape at hand and the dark canuck
what a great tour this has been so far!!

Fri Aug 12, 2016
Toronto, Ontario

01 Courage
02 Locked In The Trunk Of A Car
03 Eldorado
04 At The Hundredth Meridian
05 In A World Possessed By The Human Mind
06 In Sarnia
07 What Blue
08 Machine
09 The Dire Wolf
10 Use It Up
11 It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
12 Throwing Off Glass
13 Grace, Too
14 Greasy Jungle
15 Scared
16 Nautical Disaster
17 Membership
18 Bobcaygeon
19 Something On
20 Fireworks
-
21 New Orleans Is Sinking
22 Boots Or Hearts
23 Blow At HIgh Dough
-
24 Gift Shop
25 Ahead By A Century
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

Not much to add that hasn't already been said by others, but that was a beautiful, flawless show, and one of the best I've ever seen.

Contrary to what some others have said, I loved In Sarnia. Knowing that they've only been playing a few songs from MMP, that was the one I really, really wanted to see and my god was it great.

Also, I've probably seen Grace Too 15+ times and that version last night might be the best version of it I've ever seen. The only other one that immediately jumps to mind is the 2004 Canada Day version from the Molson Amphitheatre.

All in all, it was a perfect night.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Scotty12 wrote:
Tthip wrote:They had recording disclaimers posted throughout the ACC.
Has this been the case throughout the tour, or is this the first time they have been posted?

It is the first time I have read it.

That night in Toronto part 2?
Yes they have had the disclaimer posted at shows previous to Toronto.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

emperor penguin wrote:
Contrary to what some others have said, I loved In Sarnia. Knowing that they've only been playing a few songs from MMP, that was the one I really, really wanted to see and my god was it great.
Highlight for my best was In Sarnia, she cant stop singing "You're, you're in my heart It's in my pockets and in my eyes, oh, in my blood". I'm stuck on "super dangerous..." so I think it all works out.
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
Moof_Milker
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Moof_Milker »

ashtrayrock wrote: all songs were highlights but especially throwing off glass which was absolutely nailed perfectly
Agreed. A highlight among highlights for me. I remember when In Violet Light came out Gord said this was his favourite song on the album. Hearing him sing it last night was moving. "It's a true story, you know."
Chris Tanz
Completist
Completist

Post by Chris Tanz »

In a night of perfection, i think the most perfect thing they played, believe it or not, was Membership. So so strong and muscular live.

I may write more later, but just wanted to put that out there now.

Ct