2002-09-21 - Vernon Multiplex - Vernon, BC

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by TLB »

I didn't get the setlist but no surpises, no double encore.
Ahead By A Century was the 1st song of the encore (Chagrin Falls was originally slotted there but scratched out for ABAC)
dannya2
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Re: 2002-09-21 - Vernon Multiplex - Vernon, BC

Post by dannya2 »

setlist which in not in order except the encore and the first few songs....

silver jet
new o
fully
are you ready
use it up
dark c
direwolf
100th
giftshop
little bones
bob c
vapour trails
poets
nautical
good life
courage
grace, too

encore

abac
m@w
blow
Kincher
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Kincher »

I was very happy to hear vapor trails and the dark canuck, and I really wanted to hear wheat kings and freak turbulance though, but overall great show, except I couldn't hear any of Gord's rants, But did get to meet him after the show.
CanuckCourage
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by CanuckCourage »

This was my first and only Hip show (so far). I was working night shift and couldn't make the Calgary shows , so I drove seven hours to Vernon and caught it with my brother and some friends. It was awesome , the crowd was deafening at times . You could tell the hardcore fans from the casual everytime the Hip launched into a song off the new album people would make there way to the exits for a smoke or a drink. Having never seen them before I was just hoping to hear some of my faves and more popular ones like Nautical ,M@W,Little Bones,Blow,Hundredth etc. and needless to say I wasn't disappointed. The only real negative thing about the show was that it was difficult to hear Gordie . The music was a little too loud for the size of the building .(approx. 4000 seat hockey rink) Next tour already made plans to catch as many shows as possible (gonna save up some holiday time). Guess i'll have to deal with the withdrawels till next tour. :D
Mark
chris
The Last Recluse

Re: 2002-09-21 - Vernon Multiplex - Vernon, BC

Post by chris »