New to forum... Looking for US tour info

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

meanstreak
New Maybe
New Maybe

New to forum... Looking for US tour info

Post by meanstreak »

:rambo:
Heya kiddoz,
New member, longtime hip fan, want to know any and all US tour info or rumours anyone may have. Also curious as to reactions to new disc?
Still haven't reached my 30th listen yet so i reserve most opinions till then.So far Vac. scar and are we family faves on this album, can't wait to see live for the 20th or so time. The material on CD's doesn't usually start really connecting till I've seen the tour. There haver been songs on previous albums I did not care for at all till witnessed in concert. "Save the Planet" from PP jumps out as a stellar example. Feedback? recipes? spirtual advice?[/"Oh he's no fun, he fell right over" the firesign theater]
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Re: New to forum... Looking for US tour info

Post by jen »

meanstreak wrote: Also curious as to reactions to new disc?
http://forum.hipbase.com/viewtopic.php? ... ibe+review

Hey there.. :welcome to Hipbase! What part of the states are you from?? Everyone has been on edge regarding the upcoming tour schedule. This is definitely the right place to be to find out any information on touring and anything else! So far, the only tour that I know of in the states is at Darien Lake (Buffalo, NY) on July 23. We are all waiting patiently for more dates to come...

Anyway, welcome aboard! :thumb:
meanstreak
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by meanstreak »

Thanks for response! Ego tickled and demands more please!
I am from New Hampshire. First tour seen was when the boys opened for Blues traveller just before or as DFN was released. Haven't missed one since. we usually get tickets for the entire run of boston shows and make a three or four day pilgrimage.
During the henhouse tour I was stage managing a 900 seat hall they played.While they sound checked I ducked into our backstage facilites to freshen up for showtime. I can humbly say that I am one of few fans that has sung HIP songs in the shower accompanied by the band playing live less than 40 feet away.
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Locked »

Longtime / firstime for me..

I first saw the Hip back on 8/6/94 at the Middle east...
They opened with "Locked" (obviously my fav. song / close with bones)
The stage was so small, Gord was able to push up throughthe ceiling tiles over his head when je was wailing (LET ME OOOUT!)

I also went to thAT Blues travler 11/94 show where the Hip backed them up (4th row center and I walked out right after the Hip's 40 minute set!)

If you have this boot (and its great sound quality) you can hear me yelling after "courage and before "Greasy Jungle"...
I'm yelling "Fuckin Locked!!!!!"
I know, I know, makes no sense but I drank three vodka martinis in a nearby bar before the show , I was sooo excited to be there...

Oh, and I've never even set foot in Canada...
Someday hopefully...
Nobody in Boston has a clue who the Hip are so I can bag ggod seats to every show..
Amazing!!! :D
LoftyPines
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by LoftyPines »

[Quote] New to forum... Looking for US tour info [Quote]

...So are we
:lol:
BuffaloHipFan
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BuffaloHipFan »

nothing yet, probably this fall, i'm guessing a full tour, I think these few June and July dates are warm ups in familiar areas before the real tour.
11/26/96 Buffalo
8/7/98 Wattsburg, PA
7/29/00 Darien, NY
8/1/02 Toronto
9/1/02 Darien, NY
7/28/04 Darien, NY
6/17/06 Lewiston, NY
10/25/06 Toronto
3/10/07 Buffalo
6/30/07 Lewiston, NY
7/1/07 Lewiston, NY
11/2/07 Rochester
6/4/09 Lewiston, NY
7/1/11 Toronto
7/30/11 Buffalo
6/30/12 Niagara-on-the-Lake
11/2/12 Cleveland
8/2/13 Buffalo
4/8/15 Buffalo
8/14/16 Toronto
peregrine36
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

New Member/New CD/Awesome Site!!!!

Post by peregrine36 »

Hey just wanted to say hello to all, what an awesome site. I had bookmarked it a long time ago, but was not aware of forum. I guess I wasn't looking hard enough. Used to do some posting on news groups but some jerk farmed all the addresses one day and I starting getting bails of SPAM so I quit posting there. I still like to read the posts there, and one of them referred me here, so here I am. :D

I am a long time fan of TTH since the first album and air play in the Chicago area (WXRT). I've been hooked since. :thumb:

So what about the new CD? HMMMM? :?

There always seems to be so much debate about forthcoming albums, and past music. "What are your top ten" "favorite albums" etc...

Once I read a post from someone saying that if they hated the new album after the first play they KNEW they were going to love it forever. I used to believe there was some truth in that. However, after the first listen to IBE I was completely blown away, cannot get Nashville out of my F'ing brain!!!

WOW!!! And what about Gus? That's SO KILLER TOO!!

So to answer that long stated question for the group, what is my favorite I'd simply have to say the next one!

This is a very cool place, and I wish Americans could get some clue as to what and who TTH are. I saw Gord in Milwaukee summer of 2003 and there were something like 12 people there. No wonder Gord grows disillusioned with the US. How would you like to drive to Milwaukee set up all your equipment and play to only 12 people? Hell the band and staff damn near out numbered the crowd. It was a great and very intiment show, not like the IVL dates in Chicago, which sold out 3 straight nights in only hours.

I have never seen a band that plays better live, U2 comes close but no cigar!

Glad to be here, and I hope everything in your world is tragically great.

Over and out!
Beat
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Beat »

Welcome Peregrine :thumb:

I guess you have a lot of reading to do ;)
peregrine36
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by peregrine36 »

Man I'll tell ya, I've been reading for hours it seems. There's a lot going on here.

Thanks for the welcome! :)
Kelestra
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Kelestra »

Hey Loftypines.

I noticed you live in Grand Bend...awesome place. My parents live there in the summer. I recently moved to Rochester NY and I so miss the Bend. Hope you're having a good summer up there!