The Tragically Hip Fanlisting

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

kimba49er
New Maybe
New Maybe

The Tragically Hip Fanlisting

Post by kimba49er »

What's a fanlisting? A fanlisting is a place for all fans of a particular show, movie, actor, actress, singer, etc. to come together and build the biggest listing of people from all around the world who are fans of that subject.
Visit and sign your name to the list!

Thanks very much!

http://www.badasschickmagazine.com/fans ... hp?list=20
mark
Completist
Completist

Post by mark »

wouldn't this site be a fanlisting, then?
lord brazle
Completist
Completist

Post by lord brazle »

Yeah... I don't get it...
Why am I gonna put my name on this "fanlisting"?...
Is this some sorta cheap attempt at site promotion?
Am I a drone?
"It says 'Tragically Hip Fan' so I gotta get down on it!"
Sheeyah right!
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

Like most things... I did it to meet girls.
lord brazle
Completist
Completist

Post by lord brazle »

Stephen Dame wrote:Like most things... I did it to meet girls.
Well, you see, that is understandable. A man's gotta eat. :D
kimba49er
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by kimba49er »

Why the negativity? I am a fan, I posted so I could ask other fans to sign my list. NO BIG DEAL :)
lord brazle
Completist
Completist

Post by lord brazle »

Yes, but you just joined today so I have my doubts. Your only two posts have been for this "fanlisting" thing, so; more doubts.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

brazle, forget the fanlisting, check out the hosting site: http://www.badasschickmagazine.com/cover.php
This site is THE premier online magazine for Badasschicks™, bad ass chick lovers, and those of you who aspire to be one of the above. We reserve the right to refuse service to any whiney, pain in the ass bitches that don't know what being a bad ass chick is all about.

Remember, this site is intended for readers over 18 years of age. If you are under 18, or offended by other women's bodies or strong language then leave. Otherwise...

ENTER & BE BADASS>>
Now that's what I'm talking about! And Stephen, I think we've all learned an awful lot about the type of girls you are looking to meet. :)
lord brazle
Completist
Completist

Post by lord brazle »

chris wrote:brazle, forget the fanlisting, check out the hosting site: http://www.badasschickmagazine.com/cover.php
This site is THE premier online magazine for Badasschicks™, bad ass chick lovers, and those of you who aspire to be one of the above. We reserve the right to refuse service to any whiney, pain in the ass bitches that don't know what being a bad ass chick is all about.

Remember, this site is intended for readers over 18 years of age. If you are under 18, or offended by other women's bodies or strong language then leave. Otherwise...

ENTER & BE BADASS>>
Now that's what I'm talking about! And Stephen, I think we've all learned an awful lot about the type of girls you are looking to meet. :)
:shock:

I didn't even bother checking that out before but just did and, well, despite the fanlisting thing, it is a pretty cool site. I'll probably be on there for awhile. Thanks Chris!
kimba49er
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by kimba49er »

lord brazle wrote:Yes, but you just joined today so I have my doubts. Your only two posts have been for this "fanlisting" thing, so; more doubts.
Have your doubts about what exactly?

You people need to lighten up! All I want to do is make a list, I applied for the tragically hip listing at thefanlisting.org and so I made the list and such.

Don't join if you don't want to but just stop with the negativity and suspicion. GEEZ. :roll:
lord brazle
Completist
Completist

Post by lord brazle »

Well, sorry. I'll freely say that; "Sorry."
I didn't mean to be negative or suspicious. But I'll tell you my reasoning.

You joined the day you promoted your little list. I do not understand the purpose of putting my name on such a list but I could maybe understand if you were on here for awhile and then said, you know, "hey everybody, do me a favour and post your name to my list which I hope to build to monumental proportions one day." You have said you are a Tragically Hip fan but if you didn't notice, this site seems to be a meeting place for Hip fans. Suddenly you appear and talk about this list. What should I think? Do I say "oh, a Hip fan, gotta help out" and put my name on it or do I think "Geez what a crummy attempt at promoting a web-page"?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you just found this site and have had the fanlisting for awhile and as your first post decided to just let everyone know about your list. Regardless, what is the point of this "fanlisting"? I don't understand it. Is it an attempt at a census or something so somebody could go and say "look, there's 29, 400 Hip fans"?

The way I see it, you go around to different forums and sites for fans of different musicians and actors and such and say, "If you're a fan put your name on this list." People say to themselves, "Hey, I'm a fan. I want to be a part of that." and they go and put their name on it and the number of hits on your site increases. But you see, Tragically Hip fans are cunning creatures. We are not caught by conventional means.

Except Stephen... sorry Stephen :D

So, in closing, if you're gonna be here for awhile, "Welcome!" There's tons of supercool people on here. I'm pretty much the asshole on this site, direwolf74 seems like he earned the title "article man", and thehip21 makes a mean veggie dip...

But let's just see what you say in the future regarding the Hip or if you even ever come here on a regular basis...

Sincerely,
Lord Brazle
The King Of Troubadours
Stomper Of Algonquin Park
kimba49er
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by kimba49er »

Seeing as there has already been enough animosity from one post, I think I'll pass:)

Yes I DID just find this site. Pardon me for saying I am a fan and I have a fanlisting. NO there is no POINT to it, but are there points to 98% of the websites out there? Didn't think so.

Peace and I will keep liking the band and my fanlisting.

Good luck with your anger issues;)
kimba49er
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by kimba49er »

oh ps: Why is there such a rush to find something wrong with me and my fanlisting? It is A LIST for chrissakes. Not like I was saying something BAD about ANYONE.

People need to relax and go "ok, she's a fan, that's nice". But the rush to sy "OHHHHHHHHH SHE IS SO BAD!!! SHE IS A FAN!" is just stupid:) Sayinhg "Hi and welcome!" to begin with might have made me feel welcome, but that is not what this place is about I guess:) Just bash me and THEN say "Oh sorry, welcome but not really".

Carry on. I won't waste your time by posting more about my being a fan and all:)~
lord brazle
Completist
Completist

Post by lord brazle »

There's no animosity, and certainly no wrath, just perspicacity...
I happen to think you're just here to promote your site...
If you would've said, "no, blah blah blah" then I might've put my name on it...
But if you wanna talk about "bashing" let me get my club...
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

chris wrote:brazle, forget the fanlisting, check out the hosting site: http://www.badasschickmagazine.com/cover.php

Dude, at this point, if D-man put on a wig: I'd probably ask him out.