Nice Forum!

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

Kelestra
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Nice Forum!

Post by Kelestra »

phew...thank goodness I found this forum. I was getting the shakes hehe

I'm from London Ontario where they play lots of Hip on FM96. I recently got married and moved to Rochester NY and I'm having Hip withdrawls. Thank goodness for my cd/mp3 collection of the Hip. My husband is also a Hip fan so I didn't have to convert him.

We unfortunately missed the show at Darien Lake (damn relatives getting married!) We are hoping to make the show in Syracuse though in Sept.

I'm glad I stumbled across this forum though, I can at least feel like I know what's going on now hehe
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Re: Nice Forum!

Post by jen »

Kelestra wrote: We unfortunately missed the show at Darien Lake (damn relatives getting married!) We are hoping to make the show in Syracuse though in Sept.
Come on...should have skipped the wedding!!! What were you thinking? :wink: :lol: Anyway, :welcome
LoftyPines
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by LoftyPines »

...Just to make you more upset: FM96 has a new programer and they are playing all kinds of Hip! Old stuff, live stuff, acoustic stuff it is GREAT.

Welcome to the board. You will now spend most of your mornings here!
Kelestra
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Kelestra »

doh!

Guess I'm going to have to configure my netradio so I can listen to FM96 again. I've just been lazy.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm all bookmarked and ready to read :)
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Kelestra, there is a rumored Hip show in Rochester on October 19th.
Rounder.com has it listed on there site.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Kim
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Kim »

:welcome

I can picture a day in the not-do-distant future when women will outnumber men on this forum :lol:
grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by grooveless touque »

Welcome, Kelestra! You should be proud to come from London...my personal favourite Hip show EVER (1998-07-07) was from London (AKA the Camp Trillium show)...have fun on the board!
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by jen »

Kim wrote:
I can picture a day in the not-do-distant future when women will outnumber men on this forum :lol:
:jump Think the guys can handle us?? :oops:
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

I'd have to say no. We already cause quite a stir, despite being greatly out-numbered. :lol:

-Jenna
Kelestra
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Kelestra »

Thanks for the info on the possible show in Rochester. I'm keeping my eyes open for that one!

I am proud to be from London. I still consider it "home" even though I live in Rochester now. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Hip show there. The closest to London I've ever seen them was in Sarnia a few years ago....great show!
LoftyPines
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by LoftyPines »

I think they will be in London this year during the fall/winter tour. JLC hopefully. I have my fingers crossed!
Kelestra
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Kelestra »

Doh! I use to work at the Bell building, directly across from the JLC. Made for easy parking when I went to events since I had underground at Bell. If I were allowed to travel out of the US, I would come home in a heartbeat for the show. Unfortunately the US government won't allow me to travel just yet, and actually return to the US.

Oh well, keeping my eyes open for the Rochester show to go on sale.
fishverpeace
New Maybe
New Maybe

hello

Post by fishverpeace »

im new to this page im going to syracuse and have seen them as much as ican i will be going to rochester also since i live here been a fan since 91
Kelestra
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Kelestra »

I'm back :)

Sorry folks, I kinda spaced for a while. I got married on Sept 11th and the few weeks leading up to the wedding were crazy! We were then away for our honeymoon (without computer or cell phone access). We are just getting back to normal now.

Our tickets for the Rochester show arrived while we were away! I can't wait for the show. Do you live in Rochester Fish?
thompsongirl21
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by thompsongirl21 »

Hey, I wasn wondering if you were going to be attending the show in Rochester??? If you are let me know. We should get a list of hipbasers that are going together and try to meet before or something. :thumb:
Welcome to hipbase!!