"That moment, that ONE MOMENT..."

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

digital_graffiti
New Maybe
New Maybe

"That moment, that ONE MOMENT..."

Post by digital_graffiti »

Hi all, just listening to "Escape Is At Hand..." from the Dec 12 '98 show at the Modjeska Theatre in Milwaukee, and I'm reminded about seeing the boys do this song live here in Sudbury during their Phantom Power tour.
I remember listening to the song on the CD before the show, and thinking it was OK, but nothing spectacular, you know? But seeing them do it live blew me away.
It was that exact moment when the guitars build up and come on strong while Gordo sings "I guess I'm too... slow..." I knew these guys were for real, and could kick it with anyone right there. I was tapping my toes at the beginning of the song, but was ready to go mosh by the end. Awesome. Love that song to this day.
Anyway, that was my epiphany (or as Gordo says on Glastonbury & Elsewhere...) "That one moment..."
grooveless touque
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by grooveless touque »

A lot of people share your sentiments...in a recent poll of what song to ask the band to play at the Kingston show, Escape came out on top. It's an incredible song for sure! Have you heard the early version from the 1996 shows?
thompsongirl21
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by thompsongirl21 »

Agreed, I heard it in Kingston it was awesome. That is really the only way to decribe that song live. Lets just say Phantom P hasn't left my disk drive in the car since. HOpe to hear it again in rochester or albany!! :jump
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

It's been a great addition to the tour, it's rare appearance ensures it remains one of those special songs... needless to say, those of us Hipbaser's in Kingston were thrilled when they pulled it out for us.