2003-09-06 - Molson Park - Barrie, ON

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

jkdiamond
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by jkdiamond »

Was I the only one that noticed a very confused looking crowd when they opened with Fire in the Hole. It was as if people were expecting a song released on video.

I was so excited hearing them open with that. You had to know it was gonna be rockin'. I loved the 2 new songs as did everyone in my group. I think all 6 of us were blown completely away.

All I know is I came home horse and woke up horse and my voice still hasnt recovered from it.

All I have to say if amazing show but i was very disappointed in the crown, specially some girls sleeping on her blanket in front of us.

No one in my general area, except for a few other people seemed genuinly into the show. That is my only complaint other than that, holy amazing. I loved the 180 turn around in set list from the recent summer tour, and NY shows.

Funny moment: Girl in parking lot shirt wide open, piss drunk, seems to have pissed herself while waiting to get out of the park. Had a good laugh while kicking all the broken beer bottles away from my car.

Here's to being excited for new album.

Slofire
eags
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by eags »

Sounds like I missed a great show, I know it was taped hopefully the taper will get it in circulation, I had the chance to preview the 2 new songs josephine and ballroom. Can't wait to hear them live. I just picked up a DAT recorder so I don't have to use my MD to record anymore. Can't wait
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

jkdiamond wrote: No one in my general area, except for a few other people seemed genuinly into the show. That is my only complaint other than that, holy amazing. I loved the 180 turn around in set list from the recent summer tour, and NY shows.
I noticed that the crowd was large but very tame.(Excluding the mosh pit). I saw TTH at The Concert for Toronto and the December 30th Hamilton show. Same thing there.

I have lived in the Detroit area most of my life, and I am used to seeing 20,000 people go crazy for their favorite band, whoever it may be. I've seen lots of shows where it has happened. ( I always thought "Detroit Rock City" was a cliche or a stereotype. Maybe not). TTH shows in Detroit are an event. The two Hip shows I've seen at the Toledo Zoo were crazy.(All the shows did have a 10% to 20 % Canadian fan base).

I am beginning to think that the Canadians like to rock and party just as much as anyone, but you are too polite and keep your emotions in check. I say, what's wrong with jumping up and down and cheering wildly. As long as your not knocking people over or stupid drunk, what's wrong with being loud. Don't you feel passionate about the music to be a Hip fan? The music gets my blood boiling, and seeing Gord act out and jump around brings me over the top. I have never left a Hip show without my shirt soaken wet from sweat from dancing and cheering.(Except my very first one when I became hooked).

Maybe there were a lot of non-fans still there. The applause was very hearty and loud between songs, but many were just standing still. Tap your feet for God's sake!! No one can say they didn't get their money's worth from The Hip. I can't get over how good their set was.
jakejeff
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by jakejeff »

Summiteer There set was definetly taped I was standing beside the sound mixing station infront of the stage and when the hip came out they were filming the show! I did see one person taping off to the left of the stage. Man my feet are still killing me and what is that s@it i am blowing out my nose??

Ps. sloan almost stole the show (till the hip came out)
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

I knew someone had to have seen something to that effect :thumb: They've got be gettin onto their DVD ASAP. and Gord Undoubtedly has told them the rest of the dudes of his xperience with recording hidssolo gigs. I kinda doubt they'll release this show before the new album,but whos to say.but I really feel that they have got this beauty taped and will let us at it sooner or later, A dvd of it would bring tears to my eyes, by the sounds of everyones reviews.,I missed the concert of the decade :cry:
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

jakejeff wrote: Man my feet are still killing me and what is that s@it i am blowing out my nose??
Its called dirt/weed/smoke...
dyersbay
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by dyersbay »

gratts99 wrote:
jakejeff wrote: Man my feet are still killing me and what is that s@it i am blowing out my nose??
Its called dirt/weed/smoke...
Did anyone here go to Edenfest back in 96?
I couldn't get rid of the dirt!
Wow 3 days, I'm not quite sure how I did it! :shock:
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

In response to Hughs coments... I say whats wrong with being polite and keeping your emotions in check,and I say that with all due respect. For me when I'm at a Hip gig, I try and focus as much of my concentration on what The Hip are doin up there,so I can Log it in the memory banks,don't get me wrong I'm like a friggin vibrator but all the while my eyes are on the prize :mrgreen: . I find when i used to go to the gigs and exert myself I would miss what the band was doin up there,and my bros would say hey summiteer did you see when gordie rode that F**kin mike stand like a whorse :wink:ehh maybe i'm gettin old.When I watch my Pearl jam torin band DVD,the crowd seems very in-check with their emotions and those gigs are all filmed in U.S. cities,and we all now the followers Vedder and the boyz have,I'm one of them. I guess its just what everyone needs to do at a whatever concert they attend,to each there own....and as Gord once said "it's gonna happen once and its gonna happen fast so pay attention" or something to that effect. later skaterz :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

And also ohhhhhhhhh yes we are passionate about our pride, Some people just don't need to do the things you do Hugh to say I'm proud to be a Hip fan,and again with all due respect. Some just need to give a wooo hooo,or a hearty ovation,Its all good Hugh. doesn't mean we aren't proud.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

jakejeff wrote:... when the hip came out they were filming the show! I did see one person taping off to the left of the stage.
I think that that footage was used on MuchMusic - they had highlights of all the performances on MuchNews last night. Filming for a DVD is pretty serious business. I was at the Foo Fighters concert at Aero Hall this summer and they had a complete mobile recording studio, and approximately 9 cameras to record for their upcoming DVD.

chris
Sabina
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Sabina »

Hugh23 wrote:
I am beginning to think that the Canadians like to rock and party just as much as anyone, but you are too polite and keep your emotions in check.
Hugh it's not Canadians, it's Hip fans. I've been to tons of Canadian concerts (one band, not many like Edgefest) and they've always been "survival of the fittest" mentality if you want to get anywhere near front stage.

When I come to this board to post I have to modify my behaviour SIGNIFICANTLY! I post on other boards too - people can be aggressive and merciless.

Hip fans are indeed polite...enjoy it :thumb:

Dyersbay: that's funny about the green shirt...the hat Hugh described I think is the same hat he wore in Detroit (with the thread hanging from it) The hat in my avatar.

I know ALL proceeds for the Private Show are to go to Charity, but perhaps we can set aside a few thousand dollars to buy Gord a new Rock-star wardrobe? :mrgreen: We can go shop for him, right Ange?
dyersbay
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by dyersbay »

Yeah we can for sure!
What other boards do you post on? Are they hip related?
I know what you mean about the holding back! I do as well, it sucks!
Sabina
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Sabina »

No not Hip related.
I mainly post on the Zwan board (Smashing Pumpkin Billy Corgan's new band) - there are some EVIL souls lurking there :| Other bands boards like Placebo, Hole, Stones, and Radiohead to an extent have a lot of jerks too.
dyersbay
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by dyersbay »

How do you mean evil? Just with name calling and such? :scratch:
I hardly go anymore but the incubus board was a bit like that!
You just know that they are 16 and 17!
Have you heard the new songs? From the hip that is?
Sabina
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Sabina »

Evil as in...

Question:
"Hey are the rumours true about Paz quitting?"
Response:
"Why don't you f*cking go read the other 100 posts about this topic you waste of f*cking space"

No I haven't heard the new tunes - I've been out with SARS and are at work trying to catch up at the moment :roll: :mrgreen: