2003-06-21 - Skydome - Toronto, ON

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Re: Oh well.

Post by mrlayance »

mats wrote:I guess that's the price you pay for speaking your mind. Wait a minute! That's why I love this forum, you ARE aloud to speak your mind.

Thanks guys. :thumb:

Mats.

P.S. What if I ended up in HipHEAVEN?...hhhmmm...I've heard that in HipHEAVEN all you do is lounge around all day while Shania Twain rubs you. I'm not sure what kind of Hip tunes or experiences you get, but who cares, you're gettin' rubbed by Shania!

Well I'll see ya, I'm off to Chagrin Falls (no kidding), be back Monday.
I will make a Mats Soup Box forum if you wish :lol:
Glad you enjoy your stay.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
dyersbay
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by dyersbay »

Are you stopping by Bobcaygeon? :lol:
mats
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

No...but.

Post by mats »

Thanks Lance...I'm touched. :)

No, I'm not going through Bobcaygeon, but I am going through Fiddler's Green! (no kidding - my Hamilton West buddies know where that is?)

Enough outa me...
dyersbay
DareDevil
DareDevil

Re: No...but.

Post by dyersbay »

No, I'm not going through Bobcaygeon, but I am going through Fiddler's Green! (no kidding - my Hamilton West buddies know where that is?)

Will you tell us where it is?? I have been to Bobcaygeon, it is on the way to Bancroft which I love!! It's a cute little place.
Anyway have a great time...while I wait out my sentence at work!
mats
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Fiddler's Green

Post by mats »

Fiddler's Green -
You go up the mountain through Hamilton on the 403, you get to a point where it levels off and you are on your way to Brantford, just as you get a few kms down the road, Fiddler's Green sign is right there on the highway and it's just down on the left. I get goosebumps everytime i see that sign...it's just looks so cool.
But I LOVE Chagrin Falls...
Thanks and enjoy the heat.
mats.
LoftyPines
Sherpa
Sherpa

The Hip and Variety

Post by LoftyPines »

I agree with what was said before about the guys playing some more classics. I have been to 7 shows, and three of them (including Skydome) were play-to-please shows. Skydome was particularly bad for this, I think every song was a single. I noticed Gord did butcher a couple of songs, especially Good Life (he just kinda skipped a couple of lines, then decided to sing them after the band ahd moved on, very confusing). Poets is maybe one of the play-to-please songs that I think should be played at every venue, it is incredible live!
My recommendation is that the HIp go back to their "Evening With" nights and look at the classics they played then, I saw them in T.O. for one of their extened play nights and it was incredible.

Unfortunately I was too young to be a fan in the early 90s. I wish I could have seen them then when Gord was really nuts. The Skydome show was the first time that I thought they were not the best group there. Barenaked Ladies rocked, they put on an incredible show that had me laughing all night.

Hope this doesnt send me to HipHell

(I must say, when Gord dropped the mic it was funny. And when he was canoeing on stage, and when he put the mic way down it was genius!)

Thats my story.