2004-06-29 - The Mod Club - Toronto, ON

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Kim
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Kim »

I got the Mod Club boot off Sharing the Groove and it sounds great! A huge thanks to whoever put it up there :thumb:
prz
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by prz »

I got it to from the ftp. Thanks to whoever got it up so quick.
ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

hey it was a great show finally got into the site this morning have to go to work

review later

but it was nice to meet jeffro ( thanks for spotting me jamie)
and ivantis cool nite

ron
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

I posted the show to Sharing The Groove. Here's the link to the torrent: http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboar ... adid=78206

Enjoy!
Kim
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Kim »

Thanks Chris! :thumb:

Don't feel so left out any more now :mrgreen:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

As Kim Mitchell said, "I'm just doin' my rock n roll duty!"

Glad you've got it.
Cpt. Trips
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Canada Day Show

Post by Cpt. Trips »

Well that was awesome....im so ready for bed, I have no voice...

I think that like most shows the 100th Meridien was the best song of the night........

Id post a set list but i Drank a lot......so this is what I remember

VS
Grace
Joe
Poets
Nautical
Summer
Music at work
Your Everywhere
Nashville
..............something something something,
Blow at High Dough, New Orleans Combo....Heaven, Wheat Kings....

I think they played fireworks and Gus....i dunno...its all a big blur, but a good blur....Actually I think they Played Makeshift as well.......but no heart of the melt....
anyways...it was fantastic...especially the go train there....the long line to the lawn that we just budded into...sneaking into the 100's and dodgin security......and the 11.50 28oz'ers....

actually come to think of it...i think they played springtime in vienna as well.....hmmm...........

I have no Idea why this post is in the Mod Club topic......it is quite Clearly talking about the Canada Show
Last edited by Cpt. Trips on Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluesmantiny
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by bluesmantiny »

WOW that show rocked...Gus has to be my new fav hip songright after 100th, whats up with the guy wearing the jason mask in the first 2 rows? anyway i was lucky enough to score a set list so i`m happier than shit!!!!!!...it was a memorable night. songs were(going by the set list)
scar
grace
summer
poets
good life
joe
courage
everywhere
fireworks
bob
nashville
makeshift
spring
meridian
mean
nautical
gus
music

Encore#1
silver
family
new o

Encore#2
heaven
wheat
blow(but it say`s fully on the set list?)
Cheers
Tiny
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

NOIB wrote:you're an angry dude, eh! if someone wants to hear classics, are they less of a fan?
NOIS should of been retired a while back, or at least be played in moderation. I'll take dont wake daddy over NOIS any friggin day. A LOT of ppl here have heard NOIS and COURAGE so many times live that its become routine. Im saying theres 2 types of fans
1) The fan who gets excited when newo comes on
2) The fan who loses it when a song like looking for a place to happen comes on, or wishes for emperor penguin.

2 different groups here, and your in the other one
bluesmantiny
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by bluesmantiny »

OH and how can you forget gord`s singing of O`Canada with Joel Plaskett....It was awesome and prob a warmup for his upcoming date. Sounded great,it`ll be a classic to download in the near future.........oh and you gotta love the 11.50 28oz`s.......sure wish i had primed up in the parking lot before the show................at least i remember the whole show
Cheers
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

in the encore #1. they actually played. silver, New O is beat. and New O. Not family
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

gratts99 wrote:
NOIB wrote:you're an angry dude, eh! if someone wants to hear classics, are they less of a fan?
NOIS should of been retired a while back, or at least be played in moderation. I'll take dont wake daddy over NOIS any friggin day. A LOT of ppl here have heard NOIS and COURAGE so many times live that its become routine. Im saying theres 2 types of fans
2) The fan who loses it when a song like looking for a place to happen comes on, or wishes for emperor penguin.

There's a bunch of us here at the Hipbase, but there are thousands of other fans at the show. They come for New O, Wheat Kings and Little Bones.

Rock and Roll is a business, and as in any business: you give the customer what they want or the customer takes his business elsewhere.

You don't have to listen to New O at home, but you do have to get used to it at live shows, cause like it or not, we here alone can't put Gord's kids through Queens.
Last edited by Stephen Dame on Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOIB
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by NOIB »

gratts99 wrote:

c'mon man, my favorite hip song is dark canuck, my favorite live is an inch an hour, i've seen over 60 shows now, just because i am defending people who love the classics, don't get me confused with anything but a fan. however, those people who wanna hear nois, and ahead, are fans too, and don't deserve to be shunned. they got tickets just as fast as you, the only problem is they are not as much of a nerd, as we are here. too analitical, critical, and way to pro hip, not too much negativity or un bias here. question, they are one of the best live acts, however, have you ever not enjoyed the show you were at? because if not, that's bull, there have to be nights where the setlist blew, or the sound was aweful. everyone here is much too pro hip to see that they are not perfect, but they are ours.
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

Many of you here are very hungover - THIS IS THE MOD CLUB THREAD - not the Canada Show.... take another gander

cheers
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Ha Ha Ha. I was wondering if anyone else would notice!