2004-07-01 - Molson Amphitheatre - Toronto, ON

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

clarke
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by clarke »

little late posting but here goes...

as mentioned already getting into the amp was horrible...one security guard told us to stand in one line, and an hour later another security guard told us to go to the other one, where we got promptly in but had missed JPE...as for the hip, it was simply amazing...all the new tunes were great...makeshift was funny...gord couldnt remember the words, sang the 2nd verse instead of the first, then tried the 1st as the second but only got the first line out, it was funny for those of who knew the song already...at the end grace gord was ranting about making a mistake but he was gonna fix it and make it up to us...the mic stand conflicts were fun...the whole night all of the guys were shooting big smiles to each other...looking back on it now its funny that the biggest cheer was probably for gord announcing new orleans is beat, it was obvious most people hadnt heard this one yet and just thought it would be NOIS...all in all great show and the new tunes are awesome
hipthug
New Maybe
New Maybe

July 1 Amp Show

Post by hipthug »

Well folks, as a newcomer to Hip shows, this one blew me away. This was only my second Tragically Hip concert and it blew the first one away. I saw them last year at the Concert for Toronto at Skydome. That Molson Amp show was fantastic. The big plus was they played three songs from Fully Completely. Wheat Kings at the end of the night was a great touch. I was a little disappointed with Blow At High Dough being the last one of the night. I would have preferred something like Three Pistols or Locked In The Trunk Of A Car - but that's just me. Really enjoyed You're Everywhere, Gus, and Nashville from the new album. My gf loves the song Fireworks, she thinks its about us, haha, so I was glad they played that one for us. Great show overall. Love the feather-tail dance Gordo!
D-man
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by D-man »

Cpt. Trips wrote: b) Budding is cool now, you wouldn't know that because you are older and out of the loop. But for the young kids with the bippin and the boppin, budding is the ultimate respectful maneuver, I can totally understand how you would have thought otherwise, coming from a different era, but now you know, and knowing is....well you know, I know you know, you know.....
Being 20 myself, I don't consider myself to be part of a different era, and I STILL think budding is not only inconsiderate, but far from cool as well. So, for what it's worth, get your spoon ready and eat ALL of our asses.
Cpt. Trips
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Cpt. Trips »

lol....ok....I apologize....I was just so excited I didn't think it through...
I will line up properly from now on, I swear.

ByGons?

now back to the hip,

You know what was awesome? Being on the Go-Train and singing GUS with people, It's wicked that so many people are into the new album..
D-man
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by D-man »

All's well man, all's well.

You know what was also awesome.
Leaving the show and singing Oh Canada in both english and french with hundreds of people.
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

it was also fun to look at all the funny drunk ppl making fools out of themselves
clearlyentranced
Completist
Completist

Post by clearlyentranced »

Guy in front of me dropped his beer, Instantly went into the Alexander Keith's commercial: "I've often dreamed of standing on a lake of beer, but not like this, never like this!"
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

OK, Maybe I am really old.
What is: bippin and the boppin, budding?
Huh?
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
LoftyPines
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by LoftyPines »

Tthip wrote:OK, Maybe I am really old.
Huh?

Thats a cosby quote from the simpsons...

"These kids, with their bipping and a bopping and their hippin and a hoppin, they don;t know what the jazz is all about..."
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

LoftyPines wrote:
Huh?

"These kids, with their bipping and a bopping and their hippin and a hoppin, they don;t know what the jazz is all about..."
Or the Jell-O puddin'! Ya See, the Jazz is a lot like the Jell-O Puddin'...
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

chris wrote:"immature" which some people confuse with "youth" but beyond that...

What colour is the sky in your world?

Well put, Chris. Age and immaturity so often have a counter-dependent relationship...one of the reasons I hate admitting my age...people always assume the worst...and there are certain people (and types of people) I have to thank for that. :roll:

-Jenna
clarke
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by clarke »

Stephen Dame wrote:
LoftyPines wrote:
Huh?

Or the Jell-O puddin'! Ya See, the Jazz is a lot like the Jell-O Puddin'...
No, no, no, its like the new coke
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Cpt. Trips wrote:hey Chris.
quite frankly, get off the subject.
I'm sorry you had no friends to help you bud the line, that's a shame.
I'm sorry I work monday to friday 9 - 5 in Kitchener and can't get parking at the Ampitheater by 7....
I'm sorry you didn't even bother to read my first apology so now I have had to make three more, less sincere apologies...

Now, can we move on, or do i need to get the spoon out again?

ps. you see its like the kodak film......pokemedy man with the pokin poky man...
I read your posts. Not once did I ask for an apology, nor was I looking for one. I was/am simply pointing out the obvious. Your petty personal attacks repeatedly show your utter and complete lack of respect for others.

And again you're bragging about disrespecting others. My friends (who were waiting in line like the rest of the respectful adults) were all aghast that a person of your age would act like an 8 year old.
ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

ps. you see its like the kodak film......pokemedy man with the pokin poky man

ok i guess i am officially old because what the f**k does this mean?

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

I *know* I'm not old, and I'm confused too...

-Jenna