2004-07-10 - Festival Plaza - Ottawa, ON

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

tina
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by tina »

Chris thats hilarious!
You were 3 floor above us!
send me your email, when I get the pictures scanned, I'll send ya the up close version of the show!!
tina
robert goulet
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by robert goulet »

Hi I'm Robert Goulet.....la da dee da baba loooooo

I'm new to the list but expect good things..for I have been deflowered, my "Tragically Hip Live performance" virginity has been taken from me...and from what I've read I was at the right show to lose it.

All I can say is wow...I didn't fall asleep until 6 in the morning Saturday night, I couldn't get the music out of my head. Not sure exactly where to begin but hot damn, was that a great time.

Highlights for me had to have been the double-time rap style version of the Hundredth and the NOIS encore was pretty smokin too. Funny I haven't heard too much about the song Makeshift as we are...the first time I heard it I was immediately drawn to it, and then to hear it played live in the encore was even better, it's definitely in my top 10 now...I think once it catches on it will be a crowd fave for years to come..just a hunch.

That's all for now, just wanted to introduce myself to the group, and I look forward to seeing you all in Sudbury (my hometown) for the big show on the 24th.

goulet!!!
-you're as quiet as a fish I only sing for the whole sea-
habsfan19
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by habsfan19 »

hey everyone, what an amazing show at Bluesfest
only my 2nd Hip show, im 21 and only started getting into the Hip a few years ago
probably the best concert I've seen this year, 2 encores! like someone said earlier, it seemed like they would come out for a third one, but it was 11pm, no more music in Ottawa after 11 pm

anyways, it was great, Gord is pretty funny with some of the things he does, fight with the microphone stand, taking his shoe off and either picking something off of it or whatever he was doing, entertaining stuff
and I think it was during 100th meridian that they stepped it up for a few seconds and were playing very fast, it was cool

and scooby, i would love a copy of the show if you ever get the audio
ShannonW
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ShannonW »

Show was great! Gord was hilarious! Everybody's gotten covered so far, but my one addition is that he DID put the gum in his mouth! I always forget most of the stuff that happens because I get too exicted. And after going to Wasaga and back for that show it's all mixed in my mind.

What did anger me is how BOTH newspapers have no idea what they were talking about.... one said he was playing with his laces (they were loafers) and the other said he wrote on his shoe. I mean... these people get front row... how could they be that dumb?

Great show! Rowdy crowd up front though... made it a little hard to enjoy the show. The sides were good. I got a lot of great pictures too that I'll post... I don't know where to upload them all though... there's a LOT. :D
Bryse Eayo
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Bryse Eayo »

Wow.
Tina's right age doesn't matter. I'm 15 right here and the gf and I found this show completely mind-blowing. This was my first Hip show ever, and they are a definitly a beast you must see with your own eyes.

I think they had a nice balance of of old and new songs. Though with IVL my personal favourite, I wish they had played more from that.

The new songs were great. Though I didn't appreaciate them as much as now when IBE is on it's Nth loop.

And even though I was right beside most of the guys screaming the music(and joining in when it got good :oops::lol:) nothing could drown out the magic coming from the stage.

I doubt I've ever experianced any kind of rock show like this before and I'm really glad to hear that I got to see one the better performances.

And to those who are curious the kids who played right before were 'The New Alone" Their first album is coming out in the fall. Something I am definitly going to check out.

Also add me to that list of people who want an recording of this, if one pops up.
tina
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by tina »

Mee too!! I would love a copy of the Ottawa show!
for new people, just because we're hyping about this Ottawa show, don't think it was "better" than other shows. Yes it was amazing. BUT I can't think of a "LIVE" hip show I've been to that hasn't been amazing. You'll discover each show is well worth attendance!
Thank you for the name of the "New Alone" I was calling them the "New Odds" my 14 year old is in LOVE with the pictures her dad took. VERY animated front guy, he LOVED the camera, and the camera LOVED him (2.5 rolls worth!)
tina
Andre Cardinal
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Andre Cardinal »

Tina, when will we see these pictures?
tina
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by tina »

As soon as I can scan them and post them. Is there a deadline?
With the very hectic life I lead I can't commit a time/date

tina
Andre Cardinal
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Andre Cardinal »

Tomorrow, noon.
scooby
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Please oh Please Anybody with A Recording!!!!!!

Post by scooby »

hiya its scooby again still in serach of good audio of ottawa 7/10/04
i'm tryin to EQ the cam auido but its badly overloaded at points
so anybody out there taht ahs or knows of a taper who ahs this show please contact me asap

i want to make a nice 2 cam with graet audio

later

mike
[email protected]
scooby
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Any other Ottawa 7/10/04 Vids out there

Post by scooby »

hi me again and again
if anybody else has shot avid in ottawa 7/10/04
please contact me

mike

[email protected]
keithtalent
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by keithtalent »

awesome show, i think the new album is great, more than a few soon-to-be classics methinks :)

i'd also love to grab an audio copy of the show whenever possible.

now debating whether or not to hit sudbury...
tina
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by tina »

Nice :shock:
I'll see.
tina
habsfan19
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by habsfan19 »

does anyone know if there's a website for The New Alone? band who played before Hip, I liked them too
Bryse Eayo
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Bryse Eayo »

Searched and only found a couple articles just giving show times. No band info.