2004-09-19 - Cleveland, OH - The Odeon

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

LastStop
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by LastStop »

Jen, you should send that pic to Lance for possible front-page consideration 8)

Or, at the very least, start a new thread about it (since lots of Hipbasers might not be reading this Cleveland thread). I'm sure everyone would dig seeing it.

:thumb:
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

highwaygirl28 wrote:OK, OK, torment is over...here is the proof: (more pics to come soon)
Very Cool!!!
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
scottitude
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by scottitude »

borgs wrote:i can't understand why some people are complaining about the hip playing unreleased songs live. i personally think that playing unreleased shit is one of the coolest things any band can do live for their big-time fans...
Well said, borgs. I can't help but flash back to the Hip2K shows at the ACC (12.31.99 & 01.01.00) when they played several tracks off M@W six months before the disc was released. Both shows were great; both setlists covered almost everything anyone wanted hear. With the exception of a limited number of fans fortunate enough to get into the "practice" show (at the Horseshoe?) on 12.30, nobody had ever heard any of the tunes. To this day, in my mind the single most incredible moment in Hipstory was hearing the original live version of "Lake Fever" for the first time. If you're an old-timer and you were there, you know how deeply it moved us; if you've heard the boot, you have an idea; if you're a newbie, beg borrow or steal to get a copy of the NYD show and check it out. It was the 5th song played and if the concert had ended there I would have been satisfied. Fully, completely.

That lamenting, interrogative performance will forever hold a place in my heart, right next to "Blonde Solid" and "Get Back Again" (even though I haven't seen them live, they're great tracks).

It's cool as hell to hear favorites, but nothing compares to the magic of hearing an incredible new tune live, for the very first time.
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
PurposelessPlay
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by PurposelessPlay »

The girls felt special because Johnny came over to say 'Hi' to them.
Yeah Johnny never talks to the ladies! :wink:

Great pic Jen!

Thanks for Fighter Fighter Chris et al!
hotmetal401
Completist
Completist

Post by hotmetal401 »

Scott I agree. New Year's Day was my first Hip show, and I knew we'd seen something special with Lake Fever. The Bastard also really blew me away that night.

Some people think that the "new" music is the shitty part of the set. I say grab a beer and bring it on

Cheers

Pat
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Our Cleveland Pics

Post by jen »

Here's a link to our Cleveland pics when we met the band:

http://www.thecdexchange.com/pics/hippicswebsite.html
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Love your pics Jen! Of course I am so jeleous that we didn't wait around to meet the band! :mrgreen:

Glad you got what you wanted (aka "Gord Sandwich"). HA!
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

Jen, the "Gord Sandwich" caption is hysterical. I'm still brushing away the tears. :lol:

-Jenna
Drez7
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Drez7 »

Anybody notice the Gord sandwich pic...check out Sinclair's T-Shirt.

Now I know you're not supposed to wear the shirt of the band you are going to see.

He took it a step farther...wearing the T-Shirt of the band he plays in.

C'mon Sinclair, you gotta have a few other shirts in the hopper.

:lol:
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by jen »

Drez7 wrote:Anybody notice the Gord sandwich pic...check out Sinclair's T-Shirt.

Now I know you're not supposed to wear the shirt of the band you are going to see.

I know, isn't that hilarious :lol:
kari
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by kari »

Drez7 wrote:Anybody notice the Gord sandwich pic...check out Sinclair's T-Shirt.

I have a similar picture with Rob wearing the band's shirt...see attached! :) I found it hysterical. I remember joking with him, asking why he chose that...and he said they didn't have time to do any laundry and it was the only clean thing he could find! :)

Kari
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by jen »

Jenna_Bird wrote:Jen, the "Gord Sandwich" caption is hysterical. I'm still brushing away the tears. :lol:

-Jenna

8) Glad you like that one....I sure did :mrgreen:

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:Love your pics Jen! Of course I am so jeleous that we didn't wait around to meet the band! Mr. Green

Glad you got what you wanted (aka "Gord Sandwich"). HA!

Hahaha, yeah, It is too bad that you guys had to leave...maybe next time. :wink:
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

Jen, all of your pictures are so good. I was having so much fun talking with the guys that I didn't see you taking pictures. I will send you a PM with my e-mail address. Please send me your pics so I can print some copies.

Great Job! :thumb:
Drez7
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Drez7 »

The Baker pic cracks me up too. Gotta get that laundry done. So, by not getting the laundry done...does that mean Gord wore the same sweat soaked shirt 2 shows in a row...then I think that is what inspired the song, "We're Hardcore"
beanmedic
Completist
Completist

Post by beanmedic »

here's another one where sinclair wears a hip shirt with the spades...