2004-09-19 - Cleveland, OH - The Odeon

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

*whine* Jennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. That's SO not fair at all. :cry: My nerves are already shot. Spending my days with surly pre-teens is stressful enough. Any hints as to when you could post said picture???? Like in....2 minutes? Just kidding. :lol: I can't wait to see!

-Jenna
akoso
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by akoso »

mikeysaint wrote:The show was good in my opinion but I had my car towed just before the show to dampen my experience, I will be at Atlanta and I know where to park.
Lemme guess... a white Lincoln, was it? Security came out and gave a warning to those in line... sorry to hear you weren't there.
highwaygirl28 wrote:**Gord Downie took great notice to the Hipbase shirts and said that they are "very cool swag" Now, if thats not enough reason, what is??
Too true... and might I add that I had one guy continually hassle me about my shirt... asking where I got... asking if I was selling them after the show... etc. And I was there when the Jen got her proof of Gord S visiting Hipbase. He also said he doesn't post here, but he comes on average of once a week (he might've been exaggerating to be nice).
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

We had multiple people hassle us about our "Lap Of The Lake" shirts. One guy even followed us down the street after the show, asking if he could buy one online!

But the guy who hassled us the most about our custom shirts was Sam Roberts, yes that Sam Roberts! He insisted that we send shirts to the band, but that we had to make sure that they weren't larges, as none of the guys in the band are. :)
anesthesiologist
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by anesthesiologist »

highwaygirl28 wrote:
Tthip wrote:
highwaygirl28 wrote:PS..Yes, Gord Sinclair does visit Hipbase and I have proof coming in the future. Stay tuned......
OK, how about a little hint Jen? :shock:
Good things come to those who wait....

well, ok...it is a picture, but no more clues than that..I like to torment :twisted: :wink:
ARGGG! Jen, you torment too well!
Aaron
bobnfran
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by bobnfran »

I was hoping to score some hipbase shirts for Bob and Myself at the shows...no such luck. Since everyone knows we wear our Maine Hockey Jerseys, we were able to meet a few people. Jen, sorry we didn't connect. Hugh was trying to introduce us but you had several poeple talking to you and my people were pulling me out the door. Then we were waiting for some other friends to come out and after they did we thought about hanging out but the boys wanted to split. Ah well...next time...

Fran
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by jen »

bobnfran wrote:I was hoping to score some hipbase shirts for Bob and Myself at the shows...no such luck. Since everyone knows we wear our Maine Hockey Jerseys, we were able to meet a few people. Jen, sorry we didn't connect. Hugh was trying to introduce us but you had several poeple talking to you and my people were pulling me out the door. Then we were waiting for some other friends to come out and after they did we thought about hanging out but the boys wanted to split. Ah well...next time...

Fran

Sorry I missed you guys :( Definitely next time!!!( There was just so much going on at once. )

PS....if all goes well, I will have my proof up by Friday on this thread regarding Gord S. :P
LastStop
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by LastStop »

highwaygirl28 wrote: PS....if all goes well, I will have my proof up by Friday on this thread regarding Gord S. :P

I know what it is...I know what it is... :lol:
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by jen »

LastStop wrote:
highwaygirl28 wrote: PS....if all goes well, I will have my proof up by Friday on this thread regarding Gord S. :P

I know what it is...I know what it is... :lol:
Better not tell :rambo: :P
LastStop
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by LastStop »

highwaygirl28 wrote:
Better not tell :rambo: :P

What's it worth to ya to keep it a secret... :P
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

highwaygirl28 wrote:
Tthip wrote:
highwaygirl28 wrote:PS..Yes, Gord Sinclair does visit Hipbase and I have proof coming in the future. Stay tuned......
OK, how about a little hint Jen? :shock:
Good things come to those who wait....

well, ok...it is a picture, but no more clues than that..I like to torment :twisted: :wink:
I know what Jen's secret is and our Hipbase community will really enjoy it. 8)
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

chris wrote:We had multiple people hassle us about our "Lap Of The Lake" shirts. One guy even followed us down the street after the show, asking if he could buy one online!

But the guy who hassled us the most about our custom shirts was Sam Roberts, yes that Sam Roberts! He insisted that we send shirts to the band, but that we had to make sure that they weren't larges, as none of the guys in the band are. :)
I was at the back of the group talking with Sam Roberts when I overheard him ask Chris for a few of his Lap of the Lake shirts. By the way, I am a proud owner of one. Thanks Chris, Trevor, Ivan and Josh.

:thumb:
VioletlightHeron
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by VioletlightHeron »

So if Sam and the band are demanding shirts, does that mean the shirts will go into production? :mrgreen: I'd love one myself :thumb:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

I need to alter the graphics slightly - in order to control the costs a bit better - but if I can get 'orders' for 18 shirts, they should cost betwee $15 and $20 CND each. The initial production run ended up costing much more than that, as we only made 4.

Stay tuned...
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by jen »

Jenna_Bird wrote:*whine* Jennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. That's SO not fair at all. :cry: My nerves are already shot. Spending my days with surly pre-teens is stressful enough. Any hints as to when you could post said picture???? Like in....2 minutes? Just kidding. :lol: I can't wait to see!

-Jenna

Sometime next week :twisted:

J/K Jenna, I shouldn't do that to you...hopefully it will be up by tomorrow...on this thread.
mikeysaint
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mikeysaint »

Lemme guess... a white Lincoln, was it? Security came out and gave a warning to those in line... sorry to hear you weren't there.
yes it was, glad it was a rental but cost me a $20.00 cab ride and $110 to get out of hock. The worst part was that I did pay, I even borrowed a 5 from some guy because all I had was 20's.