2004-09-26 - Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

ShannonW
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ShannonW »

I've got an awesome recording of Are We Family from this night that I took with my digital camera, but it's a massive file.. .any suggestions how I can get this around? IF anyone wants it. :)
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

I want it!! But I have no suggestions. :cry:

-Jenna
ShannonW
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ShannonW »

Jenna -- do you have high speed and msn?
ShannonW
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ShannonW »

I'm uploading it onto 100th right now... I'm at 3% so it may take a while :)
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

I have high speed and MSN. If you need anything, let me know! And not to be evil and greedy, but do you have the rest of the show by any chance??

-Jenna
ShannonW
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ShannonW »

Naw I don't. I only had space on my card for the one file! I freaked when I heard Family start, so I immediately started taping it. I have a clip of Gord dancing during Meridian as well. We were hoping for some sort of song/rant in the middle, but he shockingly did nothing. add me to your list and I can send you the file.. it's like 90megs tho so it'll take a while!
[email protected]
ShannonW
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ShannonW »

So I got like 95% of family uploaded, and now it's saying that connection was aborted in my host machine... anyone know what that means?
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

My additions:

- Great to meet Shannon, Nathalie, & Jamie beforehand at soundcheck (thanks for the Keiths!), Hugh & Carolyn, Brian & your wife (I'm not the best with names unless they are beat into my head - d'oh! :roll: ), and a couple other people who I don't think are on Hipbase so I'll leave it at that. Hanging out with you guys made this night extra special. I hope to see you again sometime (Hugh & Carolyn definitely in Chi and GR) down the road.

- This show is in my top 3. Great setlist, energy, atmosphere, etc. Gord had one of 'those' nights!

- Maybe best version of Fire in the Hole EVER.

- I think Are We Family is a really good live song.

- Got a setlist!

- Talked to Rob some. They have currently approved three shows to be released in the 'near' future, with TO Canada Day 1st up. Exact details (ordering - most likely through website, format - either downloads or actual cds) are being finalised. Please release this show, too!

- Hopefully, someone taped or (even better) shot video of this show so more people can enjoy it.
unpluckedgem1
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by unpluckedgem1 »

john cage wrote:My additions:

- Maybe best version of Fire in the Hole EVER.

I second that! I've never seen Fire live before and it was incredible. I also loved the new faster version of 100th Meridian. Especially the part where Gord was pretending the microphone was a motorcycle.
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

Check out my site for a full review of our road trip. The link is in the bottom left hand corner.

Jamie
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

Nice review. I'm sorry that I didn't stick around the Troc after the show! It was a late night and there was a rather large group of us, so it was probably for the best. I like the Mid-County toll ticket. Silly Pennsylvania town names. :) I'm glad you were amused.

-Jenna
ron
Completist
Completist

Post by ron »

nice review and i have been to downingtown the grocery store i work for opend a store there last year so i went to help out with the opening.

cool town rich section

later
ron
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

Nice review Jamie. Carolyn and I had so much fun on that trip and we really enjoyed hanging out with you, Nathalie, Shannon and John Cage.

:thumb:
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that *someone* out there taped this show. It was amazing. Any buzz?

-Jenna
ShannonW
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ShannonW »

Jenna, I forget WHO said it, but someone said they saw someone recording! We can pray this is true. This show had to be my all time fave.

Hugh, it was such a blast hanging out with you and Carolyn as well! We'll definately have to make it a regular thing on the american tours! It was the best trip I've ever been on!

Jamie's review is so great.. .all the stupid road signs and the DINER sign.... I think they were probably funnier when we had like 3 hours of sleep, but they'll be funny forever now! :D