2004-10-17 - Pittsburgh, PA - Rock Club

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

PSUHipFan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by PSUHipFan »

I've seen The Hip about 15-20 times now (first time this tour) and I'd rank this one somewhere in the middle. The crowd was overwhelmingly Canadian/Buffalonian, at least up near the stage. Early in their set, Sam Roberts mentioned Mario Lemieux (which I'm guessing was a test of the number of locals in the crowd) and got very little response.

I thought Sam and his band were a lot better than I remembered them on the last tour. I may pick up their CD.

The Hip's new tunes seemed to go over well with the crowd, which I don't think has been the case with the last couple of albums. So the band should feel good about that. I was really hoping to hear Mean Streak though.

Greasy Jungle and Escape were a couple of the highlights for me. The way they've re-worked Meridian and Blow is pretty cool too.

The only rant I could make out was something about a mushroom cloud in the middle of NOIS.

Hoping to get to the Baltimore show next week...
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by senschic »

PSUHipFan wrote:I've seen The Hip about 15-20 times now (first time this tour) and I'd rank this one somewhere in the middle. The crowd was overwhelmingly Canadian/Buffalonian, at least up near the stage. Early in their set, Sam Roberts mentioned Mario Lemieux (which I'm guessing was a test of the number of locals in the crowd) and got very little response.

I thought Sam and his band were a lot better than I remembered them on the last tour. I may pick up their CD.

The Hip's new tunes seemed to go over well with the crowd, which I don't think has been the case with the last couple of albums. So the band should feel good about that. I was really hoping to hear Mean Streak though.

Greasy Jungle and Escape were a couple of the highlights for me. The way they've re-worked Meridian and Blow is pretty cool too.

The only rant I could make out was something about a mushroom cloud in the middle of NOIS.

Hoping to get to the Baltimore show next week...
Seemed like an alright show from what you guys are saying.

Hey I see that your screen name is PSUhipfan. Do you go to penn state? I'm moving there on sat.:)
buffalo hockey guy
New Maybe
New Maybe

pitt show

Post by buffalo hockey guy »

good show-bad sound-worse beer(what you could get of it) didnt seem like more than 500 people? anybody got a guess or xact count? gord seemed to have a bit of a cold but still very animated. he shot paul again that night, possibly twice, but these guys seem to be having lots of fun on this tour; they are smiling allot and they never seem to do that. oh yeah those couple of people in front- van halen called-they want their devil-horns back! cya in rochester!
PSUHipFan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by PSUHipFan »

Hey senschic,

Well, I got my degree from Penn State in '96 and now I work for the university. It's a fun town to live in, so I think you'll like it here. If you're moving into town on Saturday, watch out for the football traffic! The game is at noon. Good to know there'll be another Hip fan in town. :thumb:
kazman420
New Maybe
New Maybe

Can anyone tell me why the radio is not working and when up

Post by kazman420 »

I wish I could something!!!!! I'm in love with this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NFhipfan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Pittsburgh, PA the rock club

Post by NFhipfan »

Good show, I thought the set was quite fast paced compared to some newer albums, Sam Roberts was as entertaining as ever. Venue sucked, I will never return to that place unless it is the Hip playing again. Got some nice pics and a pretty decent video of Fully Completely.