2004-10-13 - Denver, CO - Gothic Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2004-10-13 - Denver, CO - Gothic Theatre

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
HownDawg
New Maybe
New Maybe

5283 Feet

Post by HownDawg »

Everybody Is Looking For The Oxygen Bar....

WHAT A RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

no setlist posted yet..very strange
laskosean
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by laskosean »

Thursday, October 14, 2004
Setlist - Gothic Theatre, Denver, CO Oct 13, 2004
Sorry for the delay folks!

Vaccination Scar
Fully, Completely
Poets
It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
Summer's Killing Us
Courage
Bobcaygeon
Chagrin Falls
It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
Nautical Disaster
Heaven Is A Better Place Today
At The Hundredth Meridian
Gus: The Polar Bear From Central Park
Fireworks
Goodnight Josephine
New Orleans Is Sinking
Fire In The Hole

Encore:
Freak Turbulence
Mean Streak
Little Bones

Freak Turbulence, eh?
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by senschic »

Hmmm not too bad
chives
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by chives »

Freak Turbulence?????....now we're pulling things out of nowhere...awesome...
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

Anybody know if they actually played Freak Turbulance? I've been to a couple shows were it was on the list, but scrapped at the last minute for something else.
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

it would be cool if they actually played it, hoping they did.
PurposelessPlay
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by PurposelessPlay »

It's my understanding that what is posted on the site is what was actually played. Just look to when they added the Tired of waiting for you asterik to Little Bones. If they just post what Gord S writes down they might as well post it online once the show begins, not after its over.
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

I was there thanks to good timing of my trip to Denver for my job / housing search there. From the front row in between Gord S. and Rob, the show was a standard Hip show (which means very good).

Freak Turbulence was played. No rants in Meridian (although lots of wacky dancing!) or New O. Chagrin was cool, as usual when it's played.

On the downside, there were several drunk jackarses right behind me and a friend, who of course spilled beer on me and got my friend with spillage from the cup of beer that was thrown ON STAGE (it didn't get anyone up there). They moved more centre and then started moshing toward the end of the show and it got somewhat nuts during Bones. Securitah didn't really do much to stop any of this except shine flashlights at the jerks (like that was going to stop 'em). Finally, they got tossed. Bastards! It's my opinion that the show ended w/o the 2nd encore (ABAC and Springtime were on the setlist) because of this crap. I couldn't hear Gord that well at the end but I don't think he gave his usual thanks to the crew, venue, and fans - he just sort of waved and left. I probably would do the same thing.
msvb60
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by msvb60 »

This was only my second Hip concert. The last one was 2 years ago when they also played at the Gothic. I'd dated a girl from Ottawa and she got me hooked on them. Well I still have the band anyway.

I actually had a good vantage point this time. Upper balcony near the center so I could see the whole stage without anyone in my way.

This was an awesome concert. This time I knew most of the lyrics so I could sing along a bit.

Met a really gorgeous girl from Toronto who's now living in Denver. With a boyfriend of course. Should have gotten her name. Curvy brunettes make me crazy.

It was funny the mention about the people in the front near the stage. I saw the beer get tossed up on stage and thought security would have done something then, but they let it go. It was at the very end when they finally tossed someone out. I don't know if Gord was mad that security was throwing someone out or because the person was being a jackass. Either way it seemed in the end to be a pretty short show. Great, but short. I must have been sitting in a good spot because I left with a bad case of the munchies. :D

I don't know that much about the opener Sam Roberts Band. Decent but not great. Too much Jet wannabes for me.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

I don't know that much about the opener Sam Roberts Band. Decent but not great. Too much Jet wannabes for me.
That's funny because I would have said that Jet wanted to be too much like Sam Roberts Band! 8)
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

hasnt Sam roberts been around longer than jet
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

hasnt Sam roberts been around longer than jet
Actually, upon doing a little research, it's too close to call. From Amazon.com, their initial releases were both released early 2003 yet I seem to remember seeing Sam perform earlier than that and I thought his album was out already.

So the mystery continues.....
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

msvb60 wrote:
Met a really gorgeous girl from Toronto who's now living in Denver. With a boyfriend of course. Should have gotten her name.
Don't I know it dude, there are no single women left. Ya got any sisters?