2004-10-10 - Seattle, WA - Showbox

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2004-10-10 - Seattle, WA - Showbox

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

Setlist - Showbox, Seattle, WA Oct 10, 2004
Vaccination Scar
Grace, Too
My Music @ Work
Ahead By A Century
Something On
Summer's Killing Us
Bobcaygeon
Nautical Disaster
Gus: The Polar Bear From Central Park
Courage
It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
At The Hundredth Meridian
Mean Streak
Poets
Inevitability Of Death
Goodnight Josephine
New Orleans Is Sinking

1st Encore:
Heaven Is A Better Place Today
It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
Blow At High Dough

2nd Encore:
Are We Family
Fireworks

Something On makes an apperance. Also very odd to see Fireworks as the closing song.
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

fireworks as a closer.. eek!
rsorbo
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by rsorbo »

It was a great show even with Road Apples being shut out!
The Showbox was packed. I came in there a non-smoker and left with a two pack-a-day habit! Here's hoping for an outdoor venue on their next tour.
As a Seattleite, it's my 14th year seeing the Hip locally and as always they put on another great show. I know I'm spoiled down here.
I was thinking it would be great if they did a tour where they played a whole album of material, maybe there first three albums. Cheap Trick did it several years ago and it was great hearing songs I hadn't heard in a long time, much less live.
I just want to hear "Bring It All Back" one more time, live.

~Rob
lucasfowler
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by lucasfowler »

Besides the fact that I missed Sam Roberts and the first four songs of the hip's performance, it was an excellent show. I left my hotel with ample time to get to the show by about 9:30, but got lost downtown (I've hardly ever been to Seattle) and couldn't find the Showbox....nor could I find any respectable-looking individuals who actually knew where it was. Also, parking issues! I was about to park in an outdoor lot on Pike, just one block North of the concert. Pulled into the lot, and three men in hoods were looking into different cars with flashlights...I didn't have any valuables except CDs in the vehicle, but it's my brand spankin new Honda which I value like a baby and would HATE to see a lock get broken or *gasp* it get stolen. So I found a better spot right on a busy street. After the show, I saw a guy walking down the street with what looked like a freshly stolen car stereo. I live in Whistler in a corporate bubble, so this is all very funny for me to see. Ain't that America?

You really can't go wrong by seeing the hip in an American venue. The showbox was a great place to see a show. It is a little hard to get around since it was so packed, but many different spots provided some great views of the band. It really seemed to be a high energy performance, pretty solid setlist, with Gord really getting into it on at least a few songs...and Rob laying down some rippin' guitar riffs.

Standout tunes include Something On (my 1st song), Gus, 100th, Blow, and Inevitability.

As always, I wish they would have layed down some songs that I've never heard in my 8 hip shows....ah well. It was still a rockin' concert and well worth the drive from Whistler.

I spoke with Rob breifly after the show, and for all you Whistler dwellers out there, they may be coming to visit in spring again. The company I work for actually rented them the house they stayed in last time. He said it was "just what they needed". Maybe we'll even get another Boot show out of them before they close the place down in the spring.

I hope everyone had a good time and a safe trip home.

Peace,

Lucas
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

just got back to canada from seattle, and i'm much too tired to write a full review (buddy's car broke down...stranded for HOURS in seattle)...i just want to say one thing
last night's show was my 20th seeing the hip...and they can still give me chills...thank you boys for that...you have no idea what you mean to me...
anesthesiologist
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by anesthesiologist »

Hey all,
Still kind of recovering from two Hip shows and Thanksgiving but I've got some words for the review and some pics to post for all those I promised.
I'll probably get to it tonight so hold tight!
All for now,
Aaron
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

Great show!!!! yeah it was smoky, and seemed to be only tobacoo.

Met up with a bunch of hipbase members, great bunch of people we have on the site!

We waited around till 2am to meet the boys. Got all the autographs.

The Sam Robert's band rocked, and talked with most of them after the show, great bunch of guys.

Hey did you guys see Jovo and May from the Canauks? they came down in a limo.

In the middle of putting tape and notes together, hope to have a more complete review of my trip soon.

Cheers...
The Horrible Esthete
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by The Horrible Esthete »

rsorbo wrote: I just want to hear "Bring It All Back" one more time, live.
That makes two of us, Rob :thumb:
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

one of the highlights of the show was after a guy throwing a shirt on stage during music @ work, gord changes the lyrics to "there's a guy without a shirt,my music at work, he doesn't have a shirt!"..classic...and yes..jovo and brad may were rocking out!!
other highlights...

Are We Family..a whole new appreciation for the song after seeing it live
Mean Streak...always loved it from first listen, and it took me to another place during the show...fantastic
100th...must say i've never seen a version quite as rockin as this one...the acapella part in the middle was really cool, and got the crowd really pumped

other thoughts...Gord is a lot more animated while holding his guitar now i realized..he actually moves his body now!! good to see...the crowd was hooked from the second they took the stage, and i think sam roberts is to be partially thanked for that..i've seen him many times as well, and once again he didn't disappoint....
this show was a milestone for me as it was my 20th, and i have to say it was one of, if not THE BEST show i've seen...can't wait for the kelowna show now!! great to meet some hipbasers, and biga we will set up a meeting place to trade what we discussed!!
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

I have some photos in my gallery at http://home.onegeeksopinion.com/gallery/album01

and a article at http://www.onegeeksopinion.com

cheers...
lucasfowler
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by lucasfowler »

Nice photos....especially the Spokane show ones...great job!