2004-10-19 - Rochester, NY - Auditorium Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

n1temare74
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by n1temare74 »

so good. everytime I see them they're better and better. after looking at my ticket stub last night I realized it was exactly a month after the Cleveland show.

I loved Gord's rant about his belt pack too......he just kept going on and on... so funny. I wish I could remember what he was saying... and he said something about his friend Ray?...

the response from the crowd during 100th was awesome too...goosebump inducing, even!

saw someone already posted this...but I ran into Jay McKee... (he's gonna be a dad in a month! scary!) lucky bastard had a backstage pass on his pants...shoulda lifted it from him...LOL... he was there with former Sabre Darryl Shannon (blast from the past!) we also saw Tom Askey from the Amerks there....

my friend & I were gonna try and head to the back to catch the guys but it was kinda crappy outside and we were starving... so our stomachs won out in the end.

oh yeah! found out Sam Roberts is gonna be in Buffalo again on November 20th (@ Sphere)
tth50mc
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by tth50mc »

oops sorry about the syracuse mix up but that's what one of the other guys said outside after the show waiting for them to come out and that the hip were playing in burlington vermont next.

Nitemare74 - as for his friend Ray... i believe the lead guy running around fixing the mic's and helping change guitars... they call him Billy Ray. He's the guy with the cowboy type hat on. he changed Gord's mic halfway thru the show and he hands Paul the acoustic for wheat kings. i guess Gord was giving him kudos cuz he was a disaster with that thing falling off all the time!

it was rainy/misty out till 11:30 and then it stopped. it was chilly though!! but worth it to meet them for sure.
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

Every time I get an email notification for this topic I keep getting excited (thinking that it is the show up for download).

I should give hipbase (and my nerves) a break
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

A new torrent has been uploaded.

Name: TTH: 2004-10-19 - Rochester, NY
Size: 703.12 MB
Category: Music - Other
Uploaded by: chris

Description:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rochester, New York, USA
Auditorium Theatre
October 19, 2004
----------------------------
Recorded and edited by: Ron
(hung mics over balcony ledge, row A - right center.)

Sony ECM-717 -> Sony MZ-R700 MD -> HD -> FLAC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use the URL below to download the torrent (you may have to login).

http://tracker.ideahotel.com/torrents-d ... d=27&hit=1

--
The Tragically Hip Bit Torrent Tracker
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

Thanks chris~!
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

ya thanks. that was a quick turnaround. we should all thank ron for recording this and chris for putting it up in such a quick manner.
buffalorob
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

help

Post by buffalorob »

All right, I've gotten software, I even have file place holders (0mb), but I can't seem to connect to peers, hence, no files downloading. What else do I need to do?
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Do a search for Bit Torrent how-to. There are a few threads about it, and you should find your answers there.
buffalorob
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

thanks

Post by buffalorob »

Actually, I went before your suggestion but yes, I got my answers. Thanks.
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

I tried to sign up for this website this morning and still havent received any conformation emails - suggestions?
wpghipfan
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by wpghipfan »

"Wow, what a finish!"- Gord Downie, after Silver Jet, end of first encore, Rochester, 10-19-04

Holy crap. What a show. I was not there, but I've just finished listening to the recording. A huge, hearty thanks to Ron Kershaw and Chris for getting this show to us. In my past collecting experiences, I've been fortunate to listen to over 500 Hip shows from 1985 to present day, and I can honestly say that this is among the top three that I have ever heard!!! At the Hundredth Meridian was the absolute BEST version of this song that I've ever heard. The energy coming from the band, oozed out of my stereo speakers here at home. I listened to the whole show with my four-month-old daughter in my arms, dancing our butts off. She has certain reactions to certain Hip songs (no doubt from hearing them in the womb), and she absolutely loves Mean Streak. This night, Mean Streak was phenomenal.
I wish I could have been there, but thanks to Ron and Chris, all i need to do is close my eyes while listening to this recording, and I'm in the Auditorium Theatre.

Peace...

Rory
Halifax
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

I was there and it was amazing.
I have not listened yet - I will when I get home.
But THANK GOD the emotion of the songs carried over to the recording
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

I agree with Rory, this recording rocks big time. I can't wait for the show tomorrow in Ottawa. Big thanks to Ron and Chirs on getting this one out.

Jamie
wpghipfan
Sherpa
Sherpa

Track listing for Rochester show

Post by wpghipfan »

Hey folks...

I'm about to burn the Rochester show. Should we come to a consensus on how many tracks go on each disc? For CD cover purposes (when one is made). I personally think the first disc should end with Meridian. Any thoughts??

Rory
Halifax
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Thanks for all the nice words everyone.

I realized, after I had posted the torrent and started seeding, that I misnamed the tracks with relation to d1 and d2 (I made them all d1).

I think that after Meridian is a perfect spot to swap discs. :)