2004-10-23 - Ottawa, ON - Capital Music Hall

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

orestesluna
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by orestesluna »

ShannonW wrote:It's true we are going to the Montreal show! I'll be at the Ottawa show too, and if I can find someone to drag to Hamilton with me... I'll be there :)
I'm in Ottawa and I would love to go & tape the Hamilton show. How far away is Hamilton anyway, 6 hours?
Last edited by orestesluna on Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Cardinal
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Andre Cardinal »

The Bear has some pictures up on it's website.

http://www.thebear.fm/content/content_i ... leries.asp
Debob
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Debob »

i watched some more of my tape last night.. and for as drunk as i was it turned out damn good, it's definatley not a tripod shot.. bit shaky at times but i was holding it the whole time.. but some shots are just killer.. i am going to try and author it tomorow then throw it up on bit torent.. peace
thedoog
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by thedoog »

Well, a few days after the fact and it all seems like a dream.

I've been front row for a few shows, however, unlike others, i didn't have to protect myself from being crushed against the barrier. The place was full, but, there was no push to the front of the stage like all other GA shows.

The only song I hadn't seen this year was IOD. I'll gladly trade a little bit of their tightness (every other band strives to be as tight as the hip) for more variation in the setlist. If they can bust out a near perfect Cordelia (save for Gord's lyrics) on MuchMusic - 6/24/00, they could certainly play some of their non-single material from recent albums. Of course I've complained about this for every tour except for "An evening with..". On the bright side, they didn't play Are You Ready?, Silver Jet, or Springtime which made me quite quite happy. And we were oh so close to having a Fireworks free night.

And yes, I realise I'm complaining about a free show that I was very lucky to attend.

Anyways, my girlfriend took 1 or 200 too many photos of Sam and the hip. They're all up at http://photos.yahoo.com/[email protected].

It was an amazing experience being that close, however, the show itself was a typical 2004 show with no surprises or better than usual performances.
robert goulet
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by robert goulet »

Sorry it has taken me to get this up, but I have been "sans computer" for far too long.
I was lucky enough to win last minute tickets and went to the show with a good buddy of mine. It was nice to meet Shannon and Jamie before the show started, I was spotted with my Hipbase shirt on, and received a bunch of compliments and questions about it from the masses.
As far as the show went, I agree the sound wasn't the greatest, in terms of being able to pick up Gord's rants. But it was a damn loud show, my ears hurt for 2 days afterwords. Highlights for me were Nautical (just a great song) and Makeshift as the first encore song. Makeshift is quickly climbing the ladder of "favourite hip tunes" A little aside to that song when Gord sang "I'm too drunk for this, yeah I'm too drunk for this" I raised my glass to him, to which he gave a little smile of aknowledgement and a nod to let me know he saw that gesture...I guess it's the little things that make all the difference to us...
After the show I had the pleasure of hanging with Paul and Gord Sinclair, and added Gord's autograph to my "hip concert" tshirt (only Johnny left to go)
All in all a great night, it's not that often that you can get 10 feet from the stage to watch our boys bust one out, and then afterwords chug down some beers with the band.
Hopefully the DVD will surface soon, I'd love to relive that night once again.
GOULET!!!!