2004-11-28 - Ottawa, ON - Civic Centre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

o78
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

nice to see

Post by o78 »

robert goulet wrote:It was great to see a father out with what I guess to be his 10 year old son...and the kid knew a lot of the words.
All in all a good show...counting the days until show #5
I noticed this at the Winnipeg show as well. Lots of young kids there with their parents...how cool are those parents!? I also saw a large number of teens as well. I was actually very surprised how young some of those kids were. It makes me wish I could have been exposed to the Hip that young. :D Anyways...I just thought it was really cool to see.
kgray
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by kgray »

Stephen Dame wrote:Yep, that's Gordie's alright. I've got a similar one from Chicago framed on my wall. Same guitar notes for a lot of the songs, mine even has lyric references for those pot-induced memory lapses... :)

Hold on to that one!
Hey Stephen,

Do you think you could post that setlist? I'd be interested in seeing the chord notes.

Thanks,
Kevin
Gangrel
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Gangrel »

quote="orestesluna"]

Both Paul and Gord laughed pretty good when he intro'd the song as "This is Gus, The Metaphor from Central Park!" Don't know if it's because of an inside joke... or if anything Bush related gets their funny bone... no not that Bush.[/quote]

I would think it's because all of the interviews they've done lately have been talking about how this is the most political album of theirs yet, with Gus as one of the main songs being dissected as a "metaphor".

I cracked up too when he said it, hell he even cracked up saying it!
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

kgray wrote:
Stephen Dame wrote:Yep, that's Gordie's alright. I've got a similar one from Chicago framed on my wall. Same guitar notes for a lot of the songs, mine even has lyric references for those pot-induced memory lapses... :)

Hold on to that one!
Hey Stephen,

Do you think you could post that setlist? I'd be interested in seeing the chord notes.

Thanks,
Kevin
Uh... I guess I could get a digital photo of it, but I'm a film guy, don't own a digital... give me a day or two and I'll try and get it up.
keithtalent
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by keithtalent »

this is so cool, i can't believe i got Gord D's setlist :D

isn't in friday yet? this wait is killing me!
HipMiramichier
New Maybe
New Maybe

WHat time did the HIP take the stage?

Post by HipMiramichier »

Hey, this for anyone, acttually, all replies would be appreciated! Going to the Hip on Friday in Saint John, the problem is that I can't leave work until 3:30 and I am 3 and a half hour drive from SJ, i am sure i can make the show... Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on what time the hip have been going on at... for example, the doors open at 7:00 and the venue site says that tehs how starts at 8... I have seen Joel Plaskett umpteen times already, and there is no doubt that they are good, but i am willing to miss them this one time in lieu of having a few drinks before the HIP... So i guess what i am asking is, if the show starts at 8... what time can I expect the HIP to be take the stage at??? ANy rough guesses would be appreciated... If worst comes to worst, my gf can drive while i have a few, but thats definetly a worst case scenario, having a womamn drive at night in the winter... sorry girls.
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

once again 910 to 915
dasauce
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by dasauce »

Moosehead
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Moosehead »

Still waiting for it to be available on Livedownloads.com ....

http://www.livedownloads.com/show.asp?s ... &artist=23

The signs at the show were saying hopefully by yesterday :(
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

Okay... I'm never going to get a digital picture of the thing, so I'll just type the damn thing out for ya! :)

Gord's setlist from 07/19/02, Chicago, HOB:

Use It Up
Music
Grace
Blow
Fully
Bob C - G Am/B C/Em C G D/Em C D Dm
Jet
Courage
Good Life - Em C/Am C G D C/G C/Am D Em
Poets
All Tore
Scared - D G/D G A/ A G (He wrote "focus group" over the last chords)
Meridian
Dire W -D G/G A Bm D G A Bm/ G D (He wrote "better" over the last chords)
Gift - D F C G
Bones
----------------
R.U. Ready
So Hard
New O
robert goulet
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by robert goulet »

Here's a really cool close up picture of Gord D's setlist complete with all of the chords to the songs he plays guitar on follow this link: http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4953

Stephen, I'm pissed you got to see a show with Dire Wolf in it...I'm dying to hear that one...definitely my fave off of IVL and for sure in my top 5 all time...great song to play on guitar too.

Goulet!!!
Stephen Dame
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Stephen Dame »

robert goulet wrote:Here's a really cool close up picture of Gord D's setlist complete with all of the chords to the songs he plays guitar on follow this link: http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4953

Stephen, I'm pissed you got to see a show with Dire Wolf in it...I'm dying to hear that one...definitely my fave off of IVL and for sure in my top 5 all time...great song to play on guitar too.

Goulet!!!
Thanks for the link. Yeah, the Chicago show was great, there's a killer bootleg of it floating around... and I kicked the girl I was with in the head to get that setlist... I wish I was kidding.