2004-11-14 - Vancouver, BC - GM Place

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

hefner
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by hefner »

vicariousmartyr wrote: I said they were garbage because I thought they were. No ones gonna skip them just because I said it. If the general consensus is that they blow, however, then thats a different story. So far, no one has voiced any strong opinions, which is fine. But I still think they were very poor. He near put me to sleep.

Hard working they may be. But their music is still boring. Nickelback was at one point a 'hard-working' band, but they still sucked and continue to suck.
I find it strange that anyone who enjoys the hip would find Joel Plaskett 'garbage'
:scratch:
They were like diametrical opposites, as far as music goes. What, they're both Canadian?? Is that why I should like them? They created absolutely no energy, and thats what I look for more than anything in an opening live act.

Forgettable they were. This is my opinion.
"Diametrical opposites". Wow. You must have a narrow view of what rock and roll is. Too bad for you.
Oh, and just for the record, really? never had the honour of opening for the hip for a cross Canada tour (can you imagine!), so the 'hard working band' comparison is weightless, IMO. (Although we do find common ground in that we both think really? sucks.)

I just want to paste this from the JPE message board regarding the Vancouver show - Sounds like a strong opinion to me...
"Now, I've been to a good many concerts (tho' not nearly enough)and I've never, ever been as blown away by the opening band (particularily one that I haven't heard of before) as I was last night. Immediately upon Joel's entrance on stage I fell in love. The music is superb (tho' that's not saying anything you don't already know) and his stage presence is incredible. The security guys kept everyone in their seats until The Hip came out, but from my seat in the FRONT ROW I thought the crowd was generally receptive of the band, considering that most of the people I spoke with around me hadn't heard of them either. "
GO JOEL! Long live independent Canadian rock and roll!!

hef.
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

hey hef..let it go man...he doesn't like them..you do...case closed
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

steve newton, the energetic, but not fully informed author of the article wrote:... At one point, Downie gave an on-stage plug to another worthy cause, the environmental group Riverkeepers (he mistakenly called them "Waterkeepers")
Ummm no Steve. You got it wrong, and Gord Downie got it right. :lol: :lol:

(Note: The local Waterkeepers group is called The Riverkeepers.)
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

Thanks for the quick work on those clips. Great work!

:thumb:
TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by TLB »