2005-04-02 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, MB

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

kelman66
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by kelman66 »

chris wrote:When I heard it live for the first time, I thought he said, "This might be my last hotel, Paul."

But after listening to the performance again I hear, "hotel hall."
ya definitely "hotel hall."

this is what I hear:

"This might be it.
This might be my last hotel hall.
This might be my last time cradling the keycard, feelin' lonely as hell,
Ya this might be the last time I see you, my good neighbour, slamming the door.
You two, running in high heels, I've seen you before.
whoo
baby, (unintelligible to me),
This might be my last time.

But, I digress...

And I am leaning on this broken fence between past and present tense
And I'm losing all those stupid games I swore I'd never play,
And it feels ok, ya it feels ok.I'm leavin'.Goodbye.
I'm losing, but I'll try!
whooo!, uhhhuh

Him! huhuh
Heeeere!
Nowww!!
Noooooo!!
('problem' with microphone stand)

Where do you think you are are going!? You're a microphone! and a microphone stand!
You think you can make it on your own?!
You couldnt last five seconds!..Here watch, watch....
Go....

See! It's you (the crowd), not you.
You're not even you.
You're a microphone and a microphone stand,
Don't listen to him ladies and gentlemen....

whoo. cm'on.
Its you, thank you.
ya"

wowwww.... (announcer)

sorry i took this to the end, but i couldnt stop :)
Last edited by kelman66 on Sun May 01, 2005 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

I would say Gord did not look very happy giving the acceptance speech for the Hall Of Fame.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
conradjosepi
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Jealous Yankee

Post by conradjosepi »

Damn! :x

They don't put that stuff on TV down here in California. You guys are killing me!

AAAAARGGGHHH

Any weblinks to see what y'all are talking about?
kelman66
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by kelman66 »

well, as far as I know, noone has found the transcript of his acceptance speech.
but you should go to thehip torrent tracker and download the Junos Awards Hall of Fame induction and performance .mpeg

not to be missed
Coneycat
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Coneycat »

It's not the poem, but this is a link to a bunch of interviews done on Global TV:

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/jun ... dc277fc726

There are interview with Gord D and Robby, but also take a look at Jim Cuddy's. The interviewer asked Jim what he thought of Gord's poem, and Cuddy's response makes it clear that he, for one, was neither shocked nor horrified. In fact, he refers mostly to what Gord had to say about the rest of the guys in the band, and says he found it all very moving. Mind you, Cuddy always seems to assume the best about others, at least publicly, but it's a nice comment anyway.
Last edited by Coneycat on Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thipfan73

Re: Jealous Yankee

Post by thipfan73 »

conradjosepi wrote:Damn! :x

They don't put that stuff on TV down here in California. You guys are killing me!

AAAAARGGGHHH

Any weblinks to see what y'all are talking about?
You can get it on thehundredthmeridian.com FTP. If you don't know how to dl on FTP PM or send me an email at [email protected] and I can help you set it up.

I wonder if he's started using my book I gave him in Clifton Park. Just think...the new songs, the HOF speech, all could have been written in that book!!!!
thipfan73

Post by thipfan73 »

I had to reply twice in a row to this thread because I have cute non-hip fan story.

I had about 75% of the Juno performance dled to my HD and I had to stop it so I could go offline and I was watching it and my boyfriend, remember he's not a hip fan, even after going to see them in Clifton Park with me and he met the four band members I met, he walks in and watches it over my shoulder. They're doing FC and I say

"They did that song at Clifton Park"

His reply was...

"Where is his white shirt?" :lol:

which was of course refering to Gord's infamous white shirt *points to Hip Base banner*
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

thipfan73 wrote:I had to reply twice in a row to this thread because I have cute non-hip fan story.

I had about 75% of the Juno performance dled to my HD and I had to stop it so I could go offline and I was watching it and my boyfriend, remember he's not a hip fan, even after going to see them in Clifton Park with me and he met the four band members I met, he walks in and watches it over my shoulder. They're doing FC and I say

His reply was...

which was of course refering to Gord's infamous white shirt *points to Hip Base banner*
where is the point in that post?
thipfan73

Post by thipfan73 »

opiated wrote:
thipfan73 wrote:I had to reply twice in a row to this thread because I have cute non-hip fan story.

His reply was...

where is the point in that post?
Guess you had to be there.
robert goulet
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by robert goulet »

I was watching the performance with my girlfriend yesterday as we were out of the country on vacation and had taped it on the PVR. And all my girlfriend kept saying was, "oh my god is he ever f*cked up, look at his eyes!!" and "Why is he saying all of that stuff? he never used to do that before"

I told her about his rants and she simply couldn't comprehend what he was doing. I told her, "well I guess you just don't get the Hip" and then I pointed to the line on the back of my Hipbase Tshirt.

To the un-hipeducated, a performance like that could only come across as crazy, and cryptic, as the author of that uber-shitty article wrote. We just have to resign ourselves to the fact that we do understand this band, and take solice in that.

Goulet!!!
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Re: 2005-04-02 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, MB

Post by sean.bonner »

Anybody have FLACS or mp3s of this performance?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston