2005-07-02 - Molson Park - Barrie, ON

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

ShannonW
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by ShannonW »

I just got back too. It was really cool to be there, and I loved how big of a cheer they got compared to everyone else. Even after their set a bunch of people got up and left. I always doubt how much the general public loves them, and then you see them like that... it was cool. :)
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

That WaS FuckING AWesomE!!!!!!!
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
NMAS
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by NMAS »

IT was crap on TV, I am glad it was better live, because they sounded like they didn't know what they were doing. I'm surprised they didn't play a new song from IBE. DMC and the guy from CSI sounded way better than the Hip on TV, not sure what happened sound wise, but it was bad.
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

NMAS wrote:IT was crap on TV, I am glad it was better live, because they sounded like they didn't know what they were doing. I'm surprised they didn't play a new song from IBE. DMC and the guy from CSI sounded way better than the Hip on TV, not sure what happened sound wise, but it was bad.

I caught the replay of "Ahead by a Century" on CTV later on last night and they must have fixed up the sound quality, cause it sounded great to me. Also caught a bit of "Poets" with Dan Aykroyd on Newsworld. They only showed about 45 seconds of it, but I thought it sounded amazing.
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by senschic »

The whole live set on tv didnt sound bad just some parts. The sound was kinda messed up.But it was still the hip and I loved it!!
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Right on Mike! Thanks very much. I'm downloading the Quicktime files to my hard drive as I type.
MikeS
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by MikeS »

AOL now has the video of the Hip's set available:

http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?ta ... &albumid=0

Most of the Barrie performances are available, with the notable exception of Neil Young's... :x ...hopefully, just a temporary oversight...

For those too lazy to search, here are a couple of others of note:

Sam Roberts

Green Day

Pink Floyd

U2
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

MikeS wrote: Most of the Barrie performances are available, with the notable exception of Neil Young's... :x ...hopefully, just a temporary oversight...
Just so happens that's the one I want to see. WHERE'S NEIL??? :x
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

Hmm...My Music at Work won't work for me. But at least I finally got to see the entire performance of Poets. Love Dan Aykroyd on the harmonica. Great stuff! Gord seemed pretty fired up too.

Anybody notice the big Canadian flag in the middle of the London crowd? Watch U2's "One" and you'll notice it right near the beginning of the song.
MikeS
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by MikeS »

tigerthelion wrote:Just so happens that's the one I want to see. WHERE'S NEIL??? :x
Right here...finally!
:thumb:
lilbones
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by lilbones »

Does anybody know how I acquire this AOL media plug-in that it keeps saying i'm lacking when im trying to watching something?
thehiprock
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by thehiprock »

chris wrote:Right on Mike! Thanks very much. I'm downloading the Quicktime files to my hard drive as I type.
i can't seem to find away to download them, how did you get them on your machine?
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

You gotta love Paul's shirt.....

9:39 - got a minute ?
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

thehiprock wrote:
chris wrote:Right on Mike! Thanks very much. I'm downloading the Quicktime files to my hard drive as I type.
i can't seem to find away to download them, how did you get them on your machine?
I'll put up a torrent tomorrow morning with all of The Hip and SRB.

The way I downloaded them was to open the link that launched the pop-up that the video played in. Then I viewed the source of that page to find the full address of the video.

Finally I created a simple HTML page with the video as a linked file. Open that file with your browser and save the linked file to your hard drive. Presto... instant download of the streaming video.
chantel
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by chantel »

chris wrote:
thehiprock wrote:
I'll put up a torrent tomorrow morning with all of The Hip and SRB.

The way I downloaded them was to open the link that launched the pop-up that the video played in. Then I viewed the source of that page to find the full address of the video.

Finally I created a simple HTML page with the video as a linked file. Open that file with your browser and save the linked file to your hard drive. Presto... instant download of the streaming video.
I tried that but I must be stupid cause it didn´t work...