2005-07-16 - Salmon Festival - Grand Falls, NF

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2005-07-16 - Salmon Festival - Grand Falls, NF

Post by mrlayance »

Please post your review!
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

Wow, it's 4 am in Newfoundland. I'm surprised nobody has posted the setlist yet. C'mon folks, what's the hold up?
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

Do they have the internet in Newfoundland?
Javajiveguy
New Maybe
New Maybe

Salmon Fest 2005

Post by Javajiveguy »

Hey all

The show was great! I will try and get the setlist for you all......but one thing I do know is that they played a new song I think it is called No threat. They ended the show with Blow At High Dough. Oh as well I should tell you about friday night which was wild. Well there is a campground that is setup for the fest called red cliff rocks well long story short Paul & Rob wanted to go check it out so I took the guys up to have a look. It was good times in the maritimes! Chilling with the hip was great I hope you all have the oppertunity to do so cause they are all good guys to talk to.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Salmon Fest Pics have been posted at Flickr:
furly
New Maybe
New Maybe

Setlist

Post by furly »

Hey all. For anyone who is eager for the setlist, here are the songs they played. As far as the order goes, since my memory is a little muddy, all I can tell you is that they started with Grace, too and ended (second encore) with Blow at High Dough and as mentioned above they played a new song (or at least something i have never heard before). Give us a break on the delay....We've been partying all week!!

Grace, too
Gus
Vaccination Scar
Wheat Kings
Ahead by a Century
Nashville
Fully completely
Springtime in vienna
Heaven is a better place today
boots or hearts
Hundreth meridian
Poets
music @ work
summer is killing us
new orleans
nautical disaster
dire wolf
Courage
Gift Shop
Bobcaygeon
Blow at high dough
rbanewf
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by rbanewf »

beautiful show, lots of people, awesome music, talked to John Faye Sunday morning they loved the town. Said they will be back touring in the new year but in St. John's. Should be Awesome. Spotted langlois walking around sunday as well. Good to see these guys are interested in where they go. Deadly Concert, Deadly Guys, Deadly party. Would have loved to hear pistols agian though. :thumb:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Hmmm.... multiple first time posters who were all at the Salmon Fest show.... you'd think that someone was advertising the site (?) Welcome aboard everyone; stick around as it's a great place to be.
cvillian
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by cvillian »

The Hip really gave us Newfoundlanders a great show. The setlist was near-perfect, in my eyes (or should I say, ears). I wish they played "Little Bones" though.

Though the weather was a bit cold and very wet, that didn't dampen our spirits for the Great Canadian Band. Energy was high in Centennial Field.

All-in-all, a classic Hip show.
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Post by MAverick »

chris wrote:Hmmm.... multiple first time posters who were all at the Salmon Fest show.... you'd think that someone was advertising the site (?) Welcome aboard everyone; stick around as it's a great place to be.
Yea, well, . . .. you complaining?

One of them is Coffee Shop Dave, who is a fan for life now . . . not sure about the others, I saw a post from Hawain Shirt Fire Side dude somewhere. I'm sure I met a few other peoples. I say spread the word . . .

MAv.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

MAverick wrote:
chris wrote:Hmmm.... multiple first time posters who were all at the Salmon Fest show.... you'd think that someone was advertising the site (?) Welcome aboard everyone; stick around as it's a great place to be.

One of them is Coffee Shop Dave, who is a fan for life now . . . not sure about the others, I saw a post from Hawain Shirt Fire Side dude somewhere. I'm sure I met a few other peoples. I say spread the word . . .

MAv.
No, no, no. I'm not complaining at all. I was trying to point out that maybe you or someone Hip related had mentioned the site, and as a result we got some great new members.

:thumb:
chives
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by chives »

chris wrote:
MAverick wrote:

MAv.
No, no, no. I'm not complaining at all. I was trying to point out that maybe you or someone Hip related had mentioned the site, and as a result we got some great new members.

Chris,
Thanks for all your hard work with the tracker and everything you do, but please don't piss off Mav, he's our guy, our man, our go to guy, clutch man, wing man, he is the MAN,

thank you...

(please note my sarcasm....)
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Post by MAverick »

chives wrote:
chris wrote:
MAverick wrote: Yea, well, . . .. you complaining?

MAv.

Chris,
Thanks for all your hard work with the tracker and everything you do, but please don't piss off Mav, he's our guy, our man, our go to guy, clutch man, wing man, he is the MAN,

thank you...

(please note my sarcasm....)
Yea, please note the sarcasm . . . what he said. hehe

Chris, just takin you for a ride. I would like people to welcome newbies with open arms though . . . and I will do what I can to get more new members . . .

MAv.
Wheat_King_Gus
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Wheat_King_Gus »

Hey, everyone. Long time fan, first time poster.

First of all, I just want to make a correction to the setlist: they did Boots or Hearts prior to BHD to finish the show.

Anyway, the show itself was incredible, as always. I was about 10 feets from the stage up until Courage when one of my buddies almost passed out in the midst of the shoving. Considering he was messed up on a few things, I figured it'd be best for me to take him out for some air, especially seeing as how I was the one that wasn't on anything. I never could get back that close, but it was alright, I still got a nice spot with someone I hadn't seen in ages for the last 30-45 minutes of the show.

I was going to wait around after the show and try and meet the guys and get an autograph, something I've always wanted to do, but I realized that I left my 8X10 photo back at Red Cliff (the camp site). Besides, seeing as how the weekend was about hanging out with my buddies, I figured I;d skip it.

Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed off that Paul and Rob came to Red Cliff and I had no idea. LOL. Oh well, I'll just try again in Moncton. Speaking of which, does anyone have any advice for me getting close to the guys before or after the show or anytime while they're in town? I'd just like to thank them for all that their music has given me (and so many of us) over the years.

And on another note from the show, I was hoping that they'd do Fiddler's Green. Does anyone have an idea of roughly the last time they did that in concert?
thehip11
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thehip11 »

And on another note from the show, I was hoping that they'd do Fiddler's Green. Does anyone have an idea of roughly the last time they did that in concert?
Never Have, Never Will.