2005-09-03 - Magnetic Hill - Moncton, NB

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Wheat_King_Gus
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Wheat_King_Gus »

tommygunn wrote:"Paint It Black" is my all-time fav Stones song! :thumb:
Midnight Rambler and Night Time is the Right Time stole the show for me. I had Midnight Rambler on the request form that Stones fan club members can fill out before each tour.

Anyway, I went with a buddy of mine and I guarantee you that out of 85000 people, we had a better spot than 84998 of them. We were front row center, in front of the stairs leading to the stage. I'll post pics after they're developed.

The Hip were amazing, of course, and The Stones were just a bonus for me. I had my 2002 tour shirt on and got nice smile and nod from Rob after one of his solos (I forget which song).
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

Wheat_King_Gus wrote: Anyway, I went with a buddy of mine and I guarantee you that out of 85000 people, we had a better spot than 84998 of them. We were front row center, in front of the stairs leading to the stage. I'll post pics after they're developed.

The Hip were amazing, of course, and The Stones were just a bonus for me. I had my 2002 tour shirt on and got nice smile and nod from Rob after one of his solos (I forget which song).
That is awesome, can't wait to see the pics :thumb:
ryan93
Completist
Completist

Post by ryan93 »

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures too! I was about 10-12 rows back (a bit to the left) for both the Hip & Stones and took lots of pictures myself too!
hip freak 04
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by hip freak 04 »

ya omg that was the greatest concert i've ever been to!!! it was absolutly amazing! Most of the ppl except the front 40 rows were sitting or lying down....until the hip came on and blew the place apart! Everybody was up and singing! it was the best! and the stones were amazing!!!!!!!!! i can't belive how well mick can move!!! :lol: does any body remeber when keef was like its good to be here, it's good to be anywhere! i was lmfao! anyway OLP was alot better than i thought they would be. wtf was up why was OLP befor maroon five? any ways great show! some awesome rants from gord!!!!
Regards
hip freak 04
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by hip freak 04 »

what did u guys think of les trois accords? :lol:
wpghipfan
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by wpghipfan »

I actually enjoyed them quite a bit. I know a bit of French, so I understood most of the lyrics, and they are quite talented musically. I would pay to see them again...

Rory
Halifax
hip freak 04
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by hip freak 04 »

would ya? u see i don't no french soooooooo ya thats self explainitory. that damn language barrier! lol! musically they were allrite i guess :?
gr8 show!
Regards
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

Did anybody notice this:
During the performance sometime, the camera for the giant screens focused in on Johnny, and in the background there was a woman with her camcorder flipped out, filming the performance. I didn't notice her, but she seemed to be there for the rest of the performance. Am I the only one to pick up on the little detail?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Wheat_King_Gus
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Wheat_King_Gus »

Sorry for the delay, I just got the pics developed. They're not all that great, being a disposable and all, but you can get an idea of what I saw.

Unfortuantely I had heat stroke from waiting in line to get in and I was sick from the night before so after waiting 11 hours in front of the stage without eating in over 24 hours, I got out of there before the Stones came on. I was getting crushed into the corner of where the barricades met between the ramp and the front of the stage (like I said, front and center) since halfway through The Hip and I got all claustrophobic and I figured that I'd be screwed once The Stones came on if something happened, so I left while I had the chance. I also couldn't resist smoking some weed that was passed around since I'm such a fiend (not too mention that free weed is always the best ;) ), but I was so weak at that point that I couldn't handle it, so that pushed me over the edge and I left and went to the side of the stage. That's my only regret from the day, but maybe it was the smart thing to do and I still had a good view, as you can see below.

Also, I found this on a newspaper site. My buddy and I are on the far right of the pic, I'm in the Red Sox hat and he's the tall f**k standing behind me in white with the Oakley's on.

http://imgsrv.canadaeast.com/apps/pbcsi ... 25&Title=1
farmerdan
Completist
Completist

Post by farmerdan »

wow, you werent kidding when you said front row!!
kleh
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by kleh »

yeah damn sweet pics Wheat_King_Gus :thumb:

hope the heat exhaution wasnt too bad, i was feeling a bit woozy even up until yesterday, was a draining day, from the sun, lines and being on your feet all day
hip freak 04
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by hip freak 04 »

ya man those are awesome!
Wheat_King_Gus
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Wheat_King_Gus »

Glad you all enjoyed them.

And no, the heat exhaustion wasn't too bad as soon as I got some air before the Stones came on. Although the hike up the hill and the long wait to to get out wasn't all that great. But I can't complain, it was a great time, to say the least. :mrgreen:
ryan93
Completist
Completist

Post by ryan93 »

I have the entire Rolling Stones performance on cd now :)
Now if i could only find the Hips...
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

ryan93 wrote:I have the entire Rolling Stones performance on cd now :)
Now if i could only find the Hips...
http://www.tracker.hipfans.com/torrents ... php?id=238
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana