2006-10-23 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2006-10-23 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre

Post by mrlayance »

Post your review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

TG's review can be summed up in two words: 1) Pigeon 2) Camera. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Ah, what an awesome song. I love it!

I'll let the others post the set, cause I don't want to mess it up. Courage, Gus, IGLIYDW, Titanic Terrarium (thought of all the hipbasers!), Meridian, were some of the older songs played.

I was so impressed with this show. The new stuff sounded amazing. I was wondering about In View (how they'd play the piano stuff). The guitars for IV made the song. I loved it! The Drop Off! Ocean! I could go on and on, but I won't!

What is it about a Hip show that can make a shitty night all better? You know, a couple of beer and some live Hip make everything all right! Thanks guys, again, another amazing night of incredible music. Here's hoping that I get tickets for the ACC tomorrow morning!
daaave
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by daaave »

just got home. for me so far its night 2 > night 1.
nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

Setlist:

Family Band
Courage
View
Good Life
Drop Off
Gus
Poets
Pigeon
World
Luv Sic
Music
Pretend
Meridian
Titanic
Fly
Kids
Scared
Ocean
New O
Rink

Last Night
Fire
SirMatticus
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by SirMatticus »

Pigeon Camera was awesome! What a surprise to hear that one. Titanic Terrarium was pretty cool too.

Sunday was great but tonight, for me, was better. Wednesday can't come quick enough!

As always it was great to meet up with fellow Hipbasers and to meet a few of you for the first time.

Matt
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

I am going to have to agree with the above posters already...Titanic Terrarium with Baker on the 12 String was real...cool... Even the full sing-a-long on Courage was different as Gord persuaded us to belt it out.....

but there comes a time once in a while... where a song hits and it's everything... Pigeon Camera ...was that song... not only was it cool for them to pull it out... they played it SO DEADLY... I mean Deadly ! ....

Did it top hearing 38 Years Old at Fort York......... yes it did... for me
grimes
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by grimes »

What a show...Terrarium and Pigeon Camera, as already mentioned where unbelievable. Scared was also a nice surprise, as I hadn't seen it performed since the "Evening With" tour. Even some of the classics like Courage and New O sounded better than I've heard in a long time. Loving the new tunes as well...Container, In View, and Last Night I Dreamed stood out, especially compared to thier album versions.

Bring on Wednesday!
farmerdan
Completist
Completist

Post by farmerdan »

pigeon camera was my #1 highlight of the night, followed closly by the courage sing-along

i had a great time tonight!!!!
hotmetal401
Completist
Completist

Post by hotmetal401 »

That would be the first time Pigeon Camera has been played since July 2002, which I believe was a disaster (and hence why it took four years to make it back on the list)

Sounds like another great night folks!

Cheers,

Pat
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

On top of Pigeon Camera, Titanic, Scared and some others there is something that no one else has mentioned here, tonights version of Music @ Work was the best version ever, in my opinion anyways. I've heard it almost 20times this year but tonights was incredible, the crowd chanting "hip hip hip..." during the build up and Gord just taking it all in with a grin on his face, it was great.

Tonights entire show was awsome, but now it's time for sleep!
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

Titanic Terrarium and Pigeon Camera in the same show? That's freakin' incredible. I sure hope they're busting out these kinds of gems at the Calgary shows this weekend.
borgs
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by borgs »

great show. cool venue.
pigeon camera and titanic were obvious hilights. new songs all sounded amazing... again. fire in the hole was a powerful closer... no matter how many times i see that song close shows i still never expect it! i like family band as the opener and i thought the lighting at the begininning of rink was really cool... made the band look shadowy/silouette-like.

c'mooooon thursday.
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

I find it really bizarre how they have played the entire album two nights in a row... but at least all the other songs have been completely different these two nights. Great reviews, guys.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
hip
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by hip »

They will probably play World Container in full for the next 12 shows, Pigeon got answered for me, now I just need No Threat and Another Midnight. A good bet LTR is played in TO, one can only hope! Pigeon was absolutely amazing of course, but nothing tops hearing 38 years old for me at the York as that is the only time I have heard it, hope to see you on wed. Jeffro! The shows will continue to improve imo, I still need a thursday ticket if you got one layin on the shelf, peace!
srb
Completist
Completist

Post by srb »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pigeon Camera, Titanic Terrarium & Scared

The trifecta.

There's not much more to say. It was great to see the hipbasers as usual.

Got to personally meet Trailer Park Boys Julian and Ricky after the show (they hit the bar for drinks following the show), and they both autographed my ticket stub.

I can't say much else....partly because I'm a little too drunk to type right now.....

Ah well, I'll look back at this in the morning and at least get a smile

Wednesday, here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: