2006-10-23 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Chris Tanz wrote:
chris wrote:It was pretty hot both nights so far. My shirt was soaked through both nights. But it was too cold to stand in line without a jacket. There is a coat check - $2.
Yes, on its face the price is $2, but there is some additional cost -- there must be -- associated with standing in line for ever after the concert waiting to get your coat back.

ct
That's your parting gift from the fine folks at The Liberty Group.
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Post by MAverick »

Here's my question. . . .

Did anyone here gord drop "Maverick" into a song? and if so, what song was it.

I few poeple told me it happened, and I never noticed? Can anyone confirm this?

MAv, is short for Maverick, my dog, so I as just curious.

:)
BDS28
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BDS28 »

MAverick wrote:Here's my question. . . .

I didn't hear it. Mav, do you go to all of their shows? Do you do something else for a living? (just curious)
Last edited by BDS28 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Sorry MAv,
if it happened, I missed that one.
Of course, there are about 7 recordings of the show so I am sure that if Gord did, someone will pick it up! :thumb:
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Post by MAverick »

BDS28 wrote:

I didn't hear it. Mav, do you go to all of their shows? Do you do something else for a living? (just curious)
no, I don't go to all their shows. If they bring me out or I want to go, but I have been to the majority of them in the last year.

I kinda play on my computer full time to make a buck or two. I create web sites, applications and games full time for various clients. Basically.
BDS28
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BDS28 »

So you are pretty good friends with them though, and have a pass to go to any you want?

That's pretty sweet.

So I bet you want to let them know that The Dark Canuck should most definately be on the setlist for tonight or tomorrow, right? ;) pleeeasse????
:jump
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Post by MAverick »

BDS28 wrote:So you are pretty good friends with them though, and have a pass to go to any you want?

That's pretty sweet.

So I bet you want to let them know that The Dark Canuck should most definately be on the setlist for tonight or tomorrow, right? ;) pleeeasse????
Believe me, I put in my requests already:)

Pigeon Camera was one. I actually put in the Dark Canuck as well:)
BDS28
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BDS28 »

MAverick wrote:
BDS28 wrote:So you are pretty good friends with them though, and have a pass to go to any you want?

That's pretty sweet.

Believe me, I put in my requests already:)

Pigeon Camera was one. I actually put in the Dark Canuck as well:)
Really? That's sweet. WOOHOO!!! Are you going to be there tonight and tomorrow? I'd love to come say hi and meet the man who got me into Horseshoe!
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

MAv...can you request Opiated for the Nov 4 show at the Commodore!!?????!!!!
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

MAverick wrote: I create web sites, applications and games full time for various clients. Basically.
Can we "play with" any of your games or apps anywhere?
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

MAv, can you annouce a contest and make me the winner?
It would be called the "Meet Up With Sinclair Before The Soundcheck And Help Write The Setlist For That Night's Concert (Before The Soundcheck, Just In Case They Need To Practice A Rarity Or Seven) Contest"?

That would be a dream come true.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Blonde Solid
New Maybe
New Maybe

2 more performances from that night

Post by Blonde Solid »

Chris Tanz
Completist
Completist

Post by Chris Tanz »

sean.bonner wrote:MAv, can you annouce a contest and make me the winner?
It would be called the "Meet Up With Sinclair Before The Soundcheck And Help Write The Setlist For That Night's Concert (Before The Soundcheck, Just In Case They Need To Practice A Rarity Or Seven) Contest"?

That would be a dream come true.
That would be an awesome contest -- to make it more realistic it could be "Two Songs Chosen By You, Dedicated To You". You meet with GS before the show and pick yer two songs, then you get to stick around for the soundcheck. Then you get a front row seat and a backstage pass, and you die happy.

I'd pick Killing Time twice.

ct
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

WHAT A SHOW!

Post by BIGVDOGG »

I WAS THE BIG GUY WITH THE SMALL GIRLFRIEND STANDING BEHIND MAN-SIZED.EVERYONE WAS LOOKING TO ME TO PROTECT THEM FROM THE ANTICIPATED PUSH TO THE FRONT.FORTUNATELY EVERYONE WAS GREAT! I POSTED SOME VIDS ON YOUTUBE FOR EVERYONE TO CHECK OUT.IVE SEEN THE BOYS 15 TIMES NOW(1ST TIME AT ONTARIO PLACE 91)AND AS RECENTLY AS BELLEVILLE WHERE I WAS FORTUNATE TO MEET THE BOYS AGAIN!BUT BEING THIS CLOSE TO THEM WITH THE HARDCORE FANS WAS AWESOME!FROM SOME OF YOUR POSTINGS I RECONIZE A FEW OF YOU FROM THE SHOW AND AS A NEWBY HOPE TO GET TO KNOW ALL OF YOU!ARE WE FAMILY!!!SEE YOU IN FEB!
srb
Completist
Completist

Re: WHAT A SHOW!

Post by srb »

BIGVDOGG wrote:I WAS THE BIG GUY WITH THE SMALL GIRLFRIEND STANDING BEHIND MAN-SIZED.EVERYONE WAS LOOKING TO ME TO PROTECT THEM FROM THE ANTICIPATED PUSH TO THE FRONT.FORTUNATELY EVERYONE WAS GREAT! I POSTED SOME VIDS ON YOUTUBE FOR EVERYONE TO CHECK OUT.IVE SEEN THE BOYS 15 TIMES NOW(1ST TIME AT ONTARIO PLACE 91)AND AS RECENTLY AS BELLEVILLE WHERE I WAS FORTUNATE TO MEET THE BOYS AGAIN!BUT BEING THIS CLOSE TO THEM WITH THE HARDCORE FANS WAS AWESOME!FROM SOME OF YOUR POSTINGS I RECONIZE A FEW OF YOU FROM THE SHOW AND AS A NEWBY HOPE TO GET TO KNOW ALL OF YOU!ARE WE FAMILY!!!SEE YOU IN FEB!
Which night at Ontario Place Forum in '91? They played 3 nights in a row, and I recorded the 2nd night's performance (my first hip show). It's been on the tracker before, although I might have to re-upload the recording for anyone who hasn't caught it previously.