2006-10-25 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

farmerdan
Completist
Completist

Post by farmerdan »

thecompletist wrote:
I don't know how to quite review that show, that setlist or that xperience !

I still can't believe what they played... so now the band has me "scared" about what I will miss tomorrow night....
i know what you mean, after the songs that they played tonight, I'm gonna be pissed tomorrow because I know another killer setlist is in the works

on another note, i dont think there where any "staple" songs in the setlist tonight (ie: NOIS, ABAC, poets, 100th etc) which took me by surprise

oh yeah and they skipped last night i dreamed you didnt love me
googolplex
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by googolplex »

One of my friends who I went with wasn't as impressed since there weren't as many hits and he didn't know the new album well (even though he's a big hip fan, I guess he likes a certain amount of the big ones)

I on the other hand was blown away by the variety. Great show; great venue.
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

john cage wrote:How about Gord's dapper vest, which last all of two or so songs.
How about Bobby's Pony Tails ? Boots ? ...and Pirate Earring ?
hip
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by hip »

I really enjoyed this show, I have never not enjoyed one! I felt LTR tonight and it came, Yawning was my "GEM" of the night, stars a plenty! Luv Sic is amazing and is an instant classic, bang on! All shows have been very enjoyable but for me, #2 is 1st, #1 is 2nd and #3 is 3rd, and I expect tomorrows performance to take over #1, it's 100%, any betting folk out there. I am just being brutally honest, I do not yet have a ticket for tomorrow and I certainly do want to have any influence of ticket inflation but tomorrow is the send off, and it's gonna kick ass! This is TO, and if you are a fan, you must go! See you at the show!

I have seen many shows and the HIP continue to blow me away, but the encore was not encore material imo, and I hope tomorrow it's just like the old days, blow your @#$#$%'n mind. No Threat would look impressive in an encore!

Nice to see Jeffro and meeting the Jamie, the Barrie DVD guy, enjoyed the show with you, see you tomorrow!

Regards,

Alexander Keith
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

Fantastic show, may be in the front running for best ever! Can't wait for tomorrow
crazykid
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by crazykid »

WOW... thats all i gotta say.

Nice to meet Chris, Trevor, Eric and the other guys right up near the front.
Only took us 1hr30 minutes door to door home... so not too bad

The show was amazing... i was blown away with everything, I dont think I stopped grinning ear to ear all night.

I cant highlight one moment that sticks out though, LTR, Twist my Arm... all amazing. I think outta 22 ( yeah im a rookie comared to some of you guys ) Its hands down the best show I have been too.

I wish I could come back tonite... gotta work though. :scratch: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by crazykid on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Lahey
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Mr. Lahey »

Wow what an amazing setlist. The boys were on fire tonight and every song absolutely pounded through the speakers. Y or S, So Hard, and LTR (which I've always dreamed on hearing live) were the biggest surprises for me. Family Band, The Drop Off and Rink are becoming mega favourites of mine, anyone else agree?

Rink itself, is quickly becoming a top 5 fav and will soon find its way into Hip immortality I believe. It's so good and very unique sounding, the way Courage stands alone as sounding unique. The hockey references don't hurt it either.

The encore was a bit odd, Tiger was great and blew us all away, but Save the Planet just didn't seem fitting. Oh well, one small complaint on an otherwise perfect night.

Well, I have one more, that I didn't get to see No Threat or Daddy, but you can't have it all.

Looks like there is a potentially deadly set possible for tomorrow.....38 YO, Threat, Grace, Pistols, Daddy, We'll Go Too, Locked and many others are left from the catalogue. Those who are going tomorrow, ENJOY!
hotmetal401
Completist
Completist

Post by hotmetal401 »

Tiger and Save the Planet? Beats the hell out of the Trews show I saw tonight.

Good lord, what's coming out tomorrow? Emperor? Let's Stay Engaged? Fight?

I miss home...

Cheers,

Pat
googolplex
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by googolplex »

Yeah, if I could say one downside it would be that the encore songs didn't really seem like encore songs. I would have played Save The Planet and then add something else on the end to finish it off better. Like say.... Looking for a Place To Happen
puckstopper
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by puckstopper »

My 2nd Phoenix show and it was just a amazing as night #1. Truly diverse set list, and I loved the Tiger the Lion/Save the Planet closer....who would have called that?!?! In a good spot to the right of stage....met some other hipbasers whose names escape me at the moment. Thanks to everyone for a great night!
SirMatticus
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by SirMatticus »

Tonight was the single greatest night for me as a Hip fan! I'll be running into many of you tomorrow night so I'll give you the details then.

Matt
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

You lucky sons-a-bitches. Tiger, Yawning, So Hard Done By, and Planet?? I'm speechless. Can't wait to see what they pull out of their hats for the Calgary shows. This weekend is gonna be amazing.
chancellor
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by chancellor »

what an amazing setlist, so wish I was there,
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Wow! Looks like another cracking show. :D Tiger The Lion as well - I'm impressed.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

SirMatticus wrote:Tonight was the single greatest night for me as a Hip fan! I'll be running into many of you tomorrow night so I'll give you the details then.

Matt
Matt... you can't leave us hanging like that! Tell us more.