2006-10-25 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Hey Folks,

Another great show last night. Three down, one to go! I am a bit sad but I think I am ready to get back in to my regular routine (going to bed at 9:30pm!!!!)

I have uploaded my photos from last nights gig. They can be found at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevorconn ... 345788187/

Please enjoy and I will see you all tonight!

Cheers!
Trevor
Spycouple
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Spycouple »

gratts99 wrote:There was a couple dedications which i havent seen in a long time. Tiger the lion was dedicated to tony....and there one or two more that slips my mind right now.. I always wonder if some lucky guy is in the back with the band requesting songs or if its just gord dedicating songs to the crew.
As in "Tony the Tiger"?
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Gibie wrote:Wow... wicked concert... I loved every minute up it, TIGER was great. The people up at the front left were great.... everyone rocking out and having a blast... great to see them in such a small venue, really shows they care about their fans!!!!!!!!!!

Mav, was that you on the balcony at the left snapping all the photos?
Nope.
It was MAv down front snappin' pics :D

sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:
This photo gives a stalker vibe. I suggest at an upcoming concert, one of the camera angles is constantly MAv. That would be the ultimate tribute! The ultimate, creepiest tribute.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
redhill
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by redhill »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:Hey Folks,

Another great show last night. Three down, one to go! I am a bit sad but I think I am ready to get back in to my regular routine (going to bed at 9:30pm!!!!)

Cheers!
Trevor
great pics...thanks for sharing
daaave
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by daaave »

gratts99 wrote: There was a couple dedications which i havent seen in a long time. Tiger the lion was dedicated to tony....and there one or two more that slips my mind right now.. I always wonder if some lucky guy is in the back with the band requesting songs or if its just gord dedicating songs to the crew.
another was to the polar bear that died from westnile.
crazykid
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by crazykid »

Trevor,

Amazing pics... it was good standing beside some real hip fans. Unlike the drunk guys who showed up behind us half way through then nite. Although they didnt ruin my night at all. Amazing... simple amazing.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

crazykid wrote:Trevor,

Amazing pics... it was good standing beside some real hip fans. Unlike the drunk guys who showed up behind us half way through then nite. Although they didnt ruin my night at all. Amazing... simple amazing.
Thanks Bill! Great to meet you last night!
There's nothing like watching you favourite band second row, (slightly) off centre!! :wink:
SirMatticus
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by SirMatticus »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:There's nothing like watching you favourite band second row, (slightly) off centre!! :wink:
... expect maybe watching your favourite band front row centre! And then getting to meet them later the same night! Downie said even he was surprised at the setlist last night! Who knows what tonight will bring.

:thumb:
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

Wow!! So Hard Done by, Yawning, LTR and Save the Planet all in one show! reading these reviews is getting me pumped for the two shows I'm seeing in Calgary on Monday and Wed. Wish I was able to get to all 4 but I'm stuck in Sask. until Monday morning. :(
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:Hey Folks,

Cheers!
Trevor
Great Pictures. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

I've never seen Rob with his hair in braids before. :shock: Puttin out a bit of a Willie Vibe there. 8)
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

daaave wrote:
gratts99 wrote: There was a couple dedications which i havent seen in a long time. Tiger the lion was dedicated to tony....and there one or two more that slips my mind right now.. I always wonder if some lucky guy is in the back with the band requesting songs or if its just gord dedicating songs to the crew.
That was for Yawning and well maybe the polar bear's family was backstage with the request? :lol:
Cpt. Trips
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Cpt. Trips »

sigh...Save the planet is only like...the best song ever....

can't believe Im missing allllll of these shows
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

gratts99 wrote:
daaave wrote:
That was for Yawning and well maybe the polar bear's family was backstage with the request? :lol:
:lol: :lol: I think Gord said he didnt die from west nile it was soul sucking boredom. Another thing I think is worth mentioning is how intense Johnny's drumming was last night. I've never seen him go that hard before. His face looked like he was in intense physical pain the entire time just giving it everything he had. Especially some of the parts during Tiger the Lion, So Hard Done By at the end, and Yawning or Snarling. It was aweosme to see, it looked like he was trying to break his drum kit. And as always his drumming really stood out on all the new songs, nice to see his abilities coming to the forefront on this album.

p.s. great pictures Trevor
d_alex_d
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by d_alex_d »

Cpt. Trips wrote:sigh...Save the planet is only like...the best song ever....

can't believe Im missing allllll of these shows
I'm write there with ya!!

Every morning waking up and seeing these set lists, It cuts deep! :cry: