2006-10-28 - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Hall

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

direwolf74 wrote: Also, not to be the forum police or anything, but I just noticed that all of you posted in the wrong thread (last night's show was Oct. 28th).
:D
:oops: I was just following the masses...you know, like sheep! Baaaaa!

Hopefully Lance or once of the Mods will be able to correct that!
lilbones
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by lilbones »

I quit.
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

Did you hear?
They played Fiddler's Green.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

direwolf74 wrote:Just like the rest of you, I'm in utter shock and disbelief that they played "Fiddler's Green". Perhaps tonight they'll bust out "Get Back Again".

Also, not to be the forum police or anything, but I just noticed that all of you posted in the wrong thread (last night's show was Oct. 28th). Must have been the Fiddler's Green high messin' with your heads, lol.

Oops... I've created a landslide in the wrong thread! I sent a PM to Lance to see if he can move all the posts to the correct date.
Billy
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Billy »

chris wrote:
direwolf74 wrote:Just like the rest of you, I'm in utter shock and disbelief that they played "Fiddler's Green". Perhaps tonight they'll bust out "Get Back Again".

Also, not to be the forum police or anything, but I just noticed that all of you posted in the wrong thread (last night's show was Oct. 28th). Must have been the Fiddler's Green high messin' with your heads, lol.

Oops... I've created a landslide in the wrong thread! I sent a PM to Lance to see if he can move all the posts to the correct date.
or just switch the dates in the thread title...
moejiles
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by moejiles »

Just what the hell does one say after witnessing a show like that? That was fantastic - of course was blown away by Fiddlers (Which was nicely and quietly played on electric guitars I might add - very cool version!)
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

moejiles wrote:Just what the hell does one say after witnessing a show like that? That was fantastic - of course was blown away by Fiddlers (Which was nicely and quietly played on electric guitars I might add - very cool version!)

so, both Bobby & Paul used Electrics? was Gord on Acoustic?
Thats pretty fucking mind-blowing :shock: What the hell did Bob Rock do to them? what ever it was, I like it :thumb:
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
marmot
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by marmot »

Yes they did and what a great show. Gord was on fire and the whole band seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Here's the Calgary Herald review. Nice one Heath :thumb:

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/new ... 7d&k=67507

marmot
beanmedic
Completist
Completist

Post by beanmedic »

wtf?
elliot g
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by elliot g »

My friend and I had our first hip show last night, and it was awesome. We were about 3 rows back and it was brilliant.

Even though they didn't play every single song I wanted, (bob c, planet) We left the show completely satisfied and blown away.
beanmedic
Completist
Completist

Post by beanmedic »

I would have given better odds to get back again
moejiles
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by moejiles »

Summiteer wrote:
moejiles wrote:Just what the hell does one say after witnessing a show like that? That was fantastic - of course was blown away by Fiddlers (Which was nicely and quietly played on electric guitars I might add - very cool version!)

so, both Bobby & Paul used Electrics? was Gord on Acoustic?
Thats pretty fucking mind-blowing :shock: What the hell did Bob Rock do to them? what ever it was, I like it :thumb:

Bobby and Paul used electrics with light distortion and Gord sang his heart out with no guitar
Last edited by moejiles on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clayton_k
New Maybe
New Maybe

amazing

Post by clayton_k »

The show was amazing last night and they had some serious energy. When Gord finished Verge he chucked the mic into the crowd! I also scored a Rob Baker guitar pick and got a picture of the setlist from some lucky bugger that landed one! Amazing concert and the songs they played left me stunned.

===
i swear i'm on the verge
mccreadm
New Maybe
New Maybe

Re: amazing

Post by mccreadm »

clayton_k wrote:The show was amazing last night and they had some serious energy. When Gord finished Verge he chucked the mic into the crowd! I also scored a Rob Baker guitar pick and got a picture of the setlist from some lucky bugger that landed one! Amazing concert and the songs they played left me stunned.

===
i swear i'm on the verge
Long time lurker, first time poster.....

It looked as though Gord was worried he'd hit someone in the head with the mic and walked to the edge of the stage to make sure the guy was OK before he gave the 'thumbs up' and walked offstage.

Amazing show
VioletLite
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by VioletLite »

I have been a Hip fan since 2002 and next week will only be my third time I have seen them live so please excuse my lack of knowledge in regards to them playing Fidders. I am assuming it has not been played live in a VERY long time! Can someone please clue me in about what seems to be a very cool thing and quite a big deal!!! Was there a reason why they don't play it? When was the last time before Calgary? Thanks fellow basers!!

Suzie :thumb:
All I'm hearin' is youuuuuuuu