2006-11-09 - Montreal, PQ - Metropolis

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2006-11-09 - Montreal, PQ - Metropolis

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Setlist - in order
Rink
NOIS
In View
Daddy
Drop Off
ABAC
Fly
Poets
Fiddler's Green
World Container
Luv (Sic)
100th Meridian
Good Life
Kids Don't Get It
Grace, Too
Wheat Kings
Yer Not The Ocean
Locked in the Truck Of A Car
Family band

Encore
Escape Is At Hand...
Pretend
On The Verge
TLB
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by TLB »

Good on you Chris, you got Fiddlers & Verge!
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

chris wrote:Setlist - in order
Rink
NOIS
In View
Daddy
Drop Off
ABAC
Fly
Poets
Fiddler's Green
World Container
Luv (Sic)
100th Meridian
Good Life
Kids Don't Get It
Grace, Too
Wheat Kings
Yer Not The Ocean
Locked in the Truck Of A Car
Family band

Encore
Escape Is At Hand...
Pretend
On The Verge
How the hell did you get to a computer so fast! haha. Wow. What an amazing time. Met gentoo, some random guys, Cpl. Trips, and of course, chris chris. My friend (hip virgin) was thoroughly impressed with them, and has come to understand my obsession.
When people talked about World Container and Pretend being momentum killers, I think the were dead wrong. Johnny's drumming was really a site to be seen during these tunes...
...And on another note, Gord played an acoustic guitar during Fiddler's Green (not sure if he did in Vancouver, but he didn't in Calgary.).
What an encore!
Tommorow night will be fairly different... first time I'm going to a concert alone. But I guess I won't be, I'll be with all you crazy Montreal hip fans haha. G'nite.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
crazykrammer
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by crazykrammer »

hey guys -

just got back...It was great, fiddlers!!!! I have not heard it live in years!! loved the way yer not the ocean sounded live and also kids don't get it - great energy ! Pretend was another stand out, went with a hip virgin tonight and he loved it !

See you guys tomorrow!

p
gentoo
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by gentoo »

Fantastic show, Gord seemed like the Energizer bunny at times. During Meridian he ran around and hid behind each band member, even sliding in behind Paul. Hysterical. SO happy to hear Fiddlers. Almost was a big singalong as Gord took awhile before he actually started singing. And like Sean said, he played guitar on it which was a surprise. Verge was another highlight, only the 2nd time I've seen it live. Love how that song moves into another dimension at the end.

Looking forward to tomorrow night!
BRoach
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BRoach »

crazykrammer wrote:fiddlers!!!! I have not heard it live in years!!
:mrgreen: :lol: probably cause it hasnt been played since the hip hit calgary this tour
SRK
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by SRK »

"This is probably the only song ever dedicated to Dostoevsky...this is locked in the trunk of a car."

Thanks, guys. Great show tonight and I (finally!) got locked! (Oh, and fiddler's green and on the verge. Those were nice, too.)
Cpt. Trips
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Cpt. Trips »

Just got back to Ottawa

Show was amazing, met the Sean Bonner.

I have always stood by the fact that any Hip show with NOIS and Grace 2 is amazing, so when you throw Fiddlers green in there it becomes the greatest show, ever.

Hung around for a while out back, got to meet the boys and have my Hip Hockey Jersey finally signed, They were all super nice, Gord was mega mega mega tired, which makes sense seeing as he was on fire on stage, but he was kind enough to take some time for a photo.

Seeing as my Jersey now has the coveted 5 sigs im gonna frame it with the ticket stub and a couple photos from the night....im also considering retiring as a Hip concert attendee, since this would be a great last show to have. who knows, I'll probably be at the feb 2 show in O-town...actually, i'll definately be there....

Best song of the night? I'd say wheat kings, "Just a small compinsation" or something to that effect...
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Wow! :D Another great set. It seems like Fiddlers Green could become a regular fixture now.
thedoog
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by thedoog »

sean.bonner wrote: ...And on another note, Gord played an acoustic guitar during Fiddler's Green (not sure if he did in Vancouver, but he didn't in Calgary.).
Yeah, he played it in Vancouver too..
Andre Cardinal
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Andre Cardinal »

So, what was the venue like? Good sound? Too big? Too small?
PortlandCarbo
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by PortlandCarbo »

BRoach wrote:
:mrgreen: :lol: probably cause it hasnt been played since the hip hit calgary this tour
you so beat me to it roach...
thanks for the morning laugh though...LOL
tragicallysteve
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by tragicallysteve »

yeah.............. I remember back in the day when it was a regular fixture in the setlist.................................... those were the days......................................................... :scratch:
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Here's a quick video I edited this morning: http://hipfans.com/?p=271