2006-07-15 - St Adele, PQ - Bourbon Street North

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

bobnfran
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by bobnfran »

It had been nearly two years since seeing a show and we were really stoked. It seemed like The Hip would never come on! We traveled from Maine for the shows. We had no idea it was going to be outside with so many people. It was the furthest away from the band we had ever been. We are spoiled seeing U.S. shows. It was a strange mix of people...some seemed to be there just for something to do and not for The Hip. At the end of the show, for the encores, we finally worked our way to about the 7th row. Wish we'd gone up there much sooner. The energy was much more intense. Where was everyone? I didn't see a single person I knew. Very unusual. We did make lots of new friends as always. Good show. Gord D was his crazy spastic self we love!! Maybe he drank some of that Bourbon St. CRAZY water!!!!!

Fran
danield
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

great show!

Post by danield »

Hi!

I was at the show, it was great!! 2 new songs I never heard before ?? They were cool! Maybe they are not new to all of you... also a couple of songs I never heard live like Lionized , Fiddler's green, The last of the unplucked gems, I think they played a song from their very first album also... I cant remember quite well

Disapointment is I felt it was a short show by Hip standard ? Only 1 encore (3 songs) ...then the crowd didnt even try to get a 2nd one...

anyway...can<t wait to see the complete set list

regards!
wpghipfan
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by wpghipfan »

Fiddler's Green? I'll eat my Summer Fling '06 Hip shirt if that's true...

Rory
Halifax
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

wpghipfan wrote:Fiddler's Green? I'll eat my Summer Fling '06 Hip shirt if that's true...

Rory
Halifax
Me too....
danield
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

OOUPS

Post by danield »

thats what happen on monday morning!! I'm really sure they didnt play it...just one of those brain failures...sorry! but still cant wait for the set list, too much alcohol that night! :)
MAverick
Completist
Completist

Post by MAverick »

wpghipfan wrote:Fiddler's Green? I'll eat my Summer Fling '06 Hip shirt if that's true...

Rory
Halifax
Not true.

All missing setlists will be posted in the next day or so.

MAv.
Matchek
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Matchek »

Is it me, or did the bar put their music on before the show ended?
Hello Faux pas..?
mcgraw68
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by mcgraw68 »

I hope somebody got some video of the lightning. Somebody else had said the stage has a back drop of a mountain range as it's in the laurentian mountains and Bourbon ST bar and stage is in a valley. It was ominous watching the lightning every couple of minutes I saw three major cracks.