2006-07-08 - Brugge, BE - Minnewaterpark

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2006-07-08 - Brugge, BE - Minnewaterpark

Post by mrlayance »

Post your review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
bigA
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bigA »

It was great, specially the Blue Tent!
dreyfuss
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by dreyfuss »

i agree, i had a great time last night at the show, more details to follow later
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Man you guys are killing me!
It's like this crazy inside joke that you guys are sharing and all us back here in la la land have to wait to hear about it! :lol: :lol:

Glad you had a good time!
Hopefully someone will be able to give us a little more then that!
mcwslc
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by mcwslc »

Man-Sized Eldorado wrote:Man you guys are killing me!
It's like this crazy inside joke that you guys are sharing and all us back here in la la land have to wait to hear about it! :lol: :lol:

amen
IMissMyLungBob
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by IMissMyLungBob »

ya, anyone have a setlist? or at least an approximate setlist?
mrs.biga
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by mrs.biga »

:( Big A isn't giving up info to me either. Right now they are in Weert, so hopefuly they'll catch up on their blogging tomorrow before the next concert.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Here is the video for Grace, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmfuxFwj8H4
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

Hope it was a good one guys :thumb:
Come say hi on twitter @MattMerritt
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

I hope you had a good night everyone - I'm insanely jealous! ;)
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

mrs.biga wrote:

:( Big A isn't giving up info to me either. Right now they are in Weert, so hopefuly they'll catch up on their blogging tomorrow before the next concert.
I wonder what the big secret is? Maybe they are having such a great time that we will never see them again? ...ah, ok, maybe not.

For those of you looking to try and keep tabs on the boys, Chris seems to be updating www.hipfans.com [fairly] regularly so have a gander over there!

Cheers!
briansmccabe
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by briansmccabe »

re: dana's post about YouTube: look at the YouTube poster's other videos and you'll see three other songs from the cactus festival, fyi.
hotmetal401
Completist
Completist

Post by hotmetal401 »

The dude's videos on YouTube are (for those who haven't seen)

Grace, Too
Try (or Fly)
Music @ Work
Poets

Cheers,

Pat
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

No secrets at all... it's just tough to find time to write, and it's expensive to get on the internet.

-------------
We made the drive from Amsterdam to Brugge in about 4 hours (I think that's how long it took, but as we had been up since 8am the previous day my memory is somewhat muddy!) We pulled into Brugge and then found our way out of town to continue on to Oostende. (google map). Oostende is an amazing beach town with an enormous beach. We wandered around town and felt like we were in Daytona!

Checked in to our hotel, changed clothes and headed for Brugge - about 20 minutes away. We toured around town following the signs that lead us to the festival site. Parking was free, and we found two spots about 100 steps from the entrance.

After getting our passes, we headed inside and instantly realized that the vibe at a European festival is much different and better than at a Canadian show. People were very relaxed and having fun in and out of the blue tent.

The venue for the show was a strange area with poor sitelines for those in the back. Trees and banners blocked your direct view of the stage, however large video screens provided a close-up view of the action. I was pressed against the railing 3 feet from Paul, so this wasn't an issue for me. The other really great thing was that there was next to no pushing, shoving or jerks trying to make their way to the front of the stage.

The show itself was fantastic, although the details escape me right now. I'll review my videos and post the setlist later. There weren't any gems/surprises but it was a really kickin' set and a short encore. (Rink was supposed to be played but got cut due to time issues...)

We're in Amsterdam now, and food is calling our names. More later.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

chris wrote:No secrets at all... it's just tough to find time to write, and it's expensive to get on the internet.

-------------
We made the drive from Amsterdam to Brugge in about 4 hours (I think that's how long it took, but as we had been up since 8am the previous day my memory is somewhat muddy!) We pulled into Brugge and then found our way out of town to continue on to Oostende. (google map). Oostende is an amazing beach town with an enormous beach. We wandered around town and felt like we were in Daytona!

Checked in to our hotel, changed clothes and headed for Brugge - about 20 minutes away. We toured around town following the signs that lead us to the festival site. Parking was free, and we found two spots about 100 steps from the entrance.

After getting our passes, we headed inside and instantly realized that the vibe at a European festival is much different and better than at a Canadian show. People were very relaxed and having fun in and out of the blue tent.

The venue for the show was a strange area with poor sitelines for those in the back. Trees and banners blocked your direct view of the stage, however large video screens provided a close-up view of the action. I was pressed against the railing 3 feet from Paul, so this wasn't an issue for me. The other really great thing was that there was next to no pushing, shoving or jerks trying to make their way to the front of the stage.

The show itself was fantastic, although the details escape me right now. I'll review my videos and post the setlist later. There weren't any gems/surprises but it was a really kickin' set and a short encore. (Rink was supposed to be played but got cut due to time issues...)

We're in Amsterdam now, and food is calling our names. More later.
Thanks man!
Good to hear that you are having a blast!