2006-07-07 - London, UK - Shepherds Bush

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

MattyM wrote:there were a bunch of guys from on here who were travelling ina group with matching t-shirts videoing the tour. I'd never come across a group that would allow that before, it's so cool. I'd love to see footage of the gig if anyone has it available, I'm willing to pay to get a DVD sent over if needs be.
Can I second this request? I'd certainly like to see the footage as well! :D I enjoyed the gig much more than I expected - I'm still buzzing about it, and I've had various songs in my head ever since! :mrgreen: Does anyone have the audio of the gig? (I know it can't be shared until after October, but I'd happily wait - I'd just love to hear it all again!)
MattyM wrote:Highlight oif the night for me was Bobcaygeon, a fantastic song really well put across.
Yeah, I'd agree with that as well! :D I love that song so much, and it's even better live. I love the cheer that went up after the "...That night in Toronto" line. It's nice to see such support from all the travelling fans.
craigd
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by craigd »

Well, back home in Kitchener, ON after seeing the show in London, UK.
Hard to believe I flew 6000 kms to see a HIP show.
I believe that you only live once so have fun !!
Met alot of HIP fans and couldn't believe how many Canadians were there !
As they say in the UK - it was a "CRACKIN'" show.
Finally got to say HI to the whole band afterwards and it will be something I'll remember for a long time.
It made the trip worth it to spend a few moments with each member seperately and chat !
I hope the pic of me and Gord shows up !
Please email the pic to [email protected].
Here's a shoutout to the hipbasers who flew onto Brugge...
Keep up the good work and have fun !!
See you in Stratford !
Last edited by craigd on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

I've gotta say that I'm still buzzing about the show, I had such a superb time... just wish I was going to Amsterdam a week earlier so I could catch the band there too!
Come say hi on twitter @MattMerritt
josephus
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by josephus »

I went with my English wife and two English mates - my wife's second Hip gig and my friends' first - we all had a brilliant time. I told my wife a few minutes before the end that I never wanted to go home.

My friend took a couple of amazing photos...

Highlights for me were Bobcaygeon/Nautical/ABAC - the new songs sounded great as well. The sound was poor for the first 10 minutes or so and then improved dramatically.

Really friendly crowd, totally unlike most London gigs where the standing area is every man for himself.

The Hip remind me of what it is to be Canadian.
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

Someone grab the Hip and bring them back to the UK, we can put the gig on again!
andy42g
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by andy42g »

Great show - fabulous set list. Of the new tracks Ocean I thought was particularly good.
My 4th Hip show - all in the same location - and they never fail to just rip the Empire up. Amazing.
Nice to meet Detrious and also chat to one of the guys filming at the end. Multi cameras! Great to know there'll be a good record of that one - and others. Roll on October :lol:
Andy
Last edited by andy42g on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
CraigBruce
New Maybe
New Maybe

Wow!

Post by CraigBruce »

I 'found' the Hip when I spent 2 years in Ottawa (circa 92-94), then spotted (fluke) last Tuesday that they were playing in London on Friday. Wow - what a gig!

My wife and I sat on level 1, had a great view, sound was great and the crowd were fantastically friendly (had someone's wife/girlfriend in front o me ask where I'd been on holiday to get so tanned...) The song intros were well done and the whole performance, including the swimming microphone :-) left me grinning.

Makes me want to go back to Canada....and never come home.

Craig - Glaswegian exiled to London and wannabe Canadian
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

MattyM wrote:Yeah, one of them (Chris, I think, though I'm guessing) caught me and my girlfriend on camera when we were queuing. They were really lovely guys and I chatted briefly to a few of them, very friendly people!
Good guess but Dustin was manning the camera for the interviews...

It was great to meet so many new fans, and their enthusiasm was very infectious.

The details of the show have been covered so I'll won't repeat it... a great show, and a great way to kick off our adventure!
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

and what an adventure... you guys must be having an absolute ball!
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

So are you guys following them round on tour at the moment then? My girlfriend did that one the last Manics tour (all fourteen dates round the UK) - It's always something I've wanted to do! I hope you're all having a blast!
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

We are following them to all shows. Tonight is Amsterdam, and we are at our hotel next to theirs, about 5 minutes from The Paradiso.
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

Heather Nova at Paradiso

Tha Paradiso on a typically murky day!

an interior view

You guys should have a great time at this one!
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

chris wrote:We are following them to all shows. Tonight is Amsterdam, and we are at our hotel next to theirs, about 5 minutes from The Paradiso.
Blimey! I'm very jealous. It must be costing you a small fortune though. :shock: - I'm sure it's worth it though. How many dates are you doing in total?
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Small fortune = Yes
5 in Europe and 4 in Canada for me. Lots more for some of the guys...
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

chris wrote:Small fortune = Yes
5 in Europe and 4 in Canada for me. Lots more for some of the guys...
Blimey. I'm sure its been worth it though!