2006-07-07 - London, UK - Shepherds Bush

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

Yeah... it's something that I'd like to do!
Come say hi on twitter @MattMerritt
DSI
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by DSI »

Hey Matty,

As Chris said it was me man handling the camera for the fan interviews. I do remember you and your girlfriend and and on behalf of all 8 of us we would like to thank you for your kind words. It was the hospitality of all of you across the board (well UK, Netherlands, and Belgium) that made the trip amazing. I can't wait to get these DVD's together.
sleepyvet
New Maybe
New Maybe

Shepherds bush

Post by sleepyvet »

DSI?

Were you doing the vid pre show then? Have to apologise for not giving up my front and centre spot for you inside, but couldn't miss that opportunity to nearly taste the sweat running off gord... Does he always perspire so much?

Anyway for anyone interested I have a copy of the setlist and some photos, not time to put them up just yet but if keen I can do. Also wondering what the full deal with the dvd of the show would be? Dead keen to get one.

Much impressed by the crowd - must be the canadian contingent in force reducing the number of idiots i have encountered at uk gigs so far. Gotta love the canadians and their music.

Later,

Sleepy
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

The DVDs of all of the European shows will be released for free through http://bt.hipfans.com after the new Hip album comes out on October 17.
wpghipfan
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by wpghipfan »

Here's the actual setlist, in order:

Daddy
Courage
Rink
Gus
ABAC
Gift
Lion
Summer
BobC
Nautical
Spring
Oceans
100th
Good Life
We'll Go
Blow
Music

Encore:
Poets
Pretend
Bones

Rory
Halifax
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

DSI wrote:Hey Matty,

As Chris said it was me man handling the camera for the fan interviews. I do remember you and your girlfriend and and on behalf of all 8 of us we would like to thank you for your kind words. It was the hospitality of all of you across the board (well UK, Netherlands, and Belgium) that made the trip amazing. I can't wait to get these DVD's together.
You're more than welcome, it was the enthusiasm of you guys wthat helped me realise just how good a band The Hip are, and it made me want to take a look at this place!

So glad I did!
DSI
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Re: Shepherds bush

Post by DSI »

sleepyvet wrote:DSI?

Were you doing the vid pre show then? Have to apologise for not giving up my front and centre spot for you inside, but couldn't miss that opportunity to nearly taste the sweat running off gord... Does he always perspire so much?

Anyway for anyone interested I have a copy of the setlist and some photos, not time to put them up just yet but if keen I can do. Also wondering what the full deal with the dvd of the show would be? Dead keen to get one.

Much impressed by the crowd - must be the canadian contingent in force reducing the number of idiots i have encountered at uk gigs so far. Gotta love the canadians and their music.

Later,

Sleepy

Hey Sleepy its quite alright. Everything worked out perfectly and the fact that you waited 14 years (I think thats what you said) to have dead center I wouldnt want to take that away now that I think about it. It was a magically night and being showered by Gord's sweat is always a thrill. I had to clean my lens off in Utrecht!!!
As far as idiots are concerned... they are everywhere but we (as in hip fans) are generally pretty good. I have never been to a show yet where there was a fight. People being drunk and obnoxiuos is all fine and dandy, it's when they take it to the next level like trying to crowd surf is when there are problems. I'm guilty myself for crowd surfing back in the mid 90's at concerts but people were prepared a then and it was expected. At a Hip concert in a venue that holds 1200 people max...REALLY?¿ The Hip are very strongly against crowd surf due to a few really bad accidents at their shows in the 90's. I was at a festival show in Wattsburg, PA just ouside Erie, PA in the US where they actually stopped the show for the safety of the fans.
Here is the show to download:
http://bt.hipfans.com/torrents-details.php?id=96

Anyways glad you liked the show and keep posted for the new album in October and all the Europe Fun stuff!!!
gazzer4444
New Maybe
New Maybe

A wee clip from the show

Post by gazzer4444 »

Here is a clip from the show... It was my first TTH gig.....amazing night :mrgreen: apart from the morons above throwing their beer on the people below :x

Video removed for now..
Last edited by gazzer4444 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Sounds and looks excellent - thank you.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Re: A wee clip from the show

Post by MattyM »

gazzer4444 wrote:Here is a clip from the show... It was my first TTH gig.....amazing night :mrgreen: apart from the morons above throwing their beer on the people below :x
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB7yZLDhWnA
1 of 6...
thanks for the link gazzer, I've shamelessly nicked the clip for my myspace page... sorry :oops:
gazzer4444
New Maybe
New Maybe

Another wee video....Springtime

Post by gazzer4444 »

I was going to do that as well once I ve got round to getting the rest of the videos uploaded....got 6 in total....would of been more if it was'nt for thr A..HOLES above with the beer!!. Here is another one....enjoy.

Video removed for now...

:D Gary..
Last edited by gazzer4444 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

gazzer, that's terrific work! Thanks a bunch. :thumb:
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

Gazzer, you rock!
gazzer4444
New Maybe
New Maybe

WE'LL GO TOO...

Post by gazzer4444 »

Thanks for the comments guys....Here's '3'..

Removed for now..
Last edited by gazzer4444 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

:shock: :shock: We'll Go, Too :shock: :shock: UNBELIEVABLE :shock: :D :D The Hip are pulling out some unreal, long since played songs. We got the pleasure of hearing Sherpa, Gems, Lionized, Fire in the Hole in Charlottetown. Long live the Hip and long live great fans like gazzer and everyone else on hipbase and beyond who record such great footage of das Hip. :thumb: